There are 174 users in the forums

PAUL KRUGER ANYONE??

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IF he agree to sign w/us to a lower and reasonable contract, can he be the NEXT Justin Smith for this team??
No. Had 2.5 sacks for O'Neill last year. I don't think he would want to join him again
Also he is an OLB, not a 3-4 DE
In before the lock!!! Haha always wanted to do that!
Originally posted by saniner:
No. Had 2.5 sacks for O'Neill last year. I don't think he would want to join him again

Because that was O'Neil's fault he couldn't win the edge battles He just had a bad year. He had 11 sacks for Jim in 2014
Originally posted by Izyniner:
In before the lock!!! Haha always wanted to do that!

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

Because that was O'Neil's fault he couldn't win the edge battles He just had a bad year. He had 11 sacks for Jim in 2014

Browns fans complained all year he was dropping into coverage too much and not being used as just a pass-rusher
I could see bringing him in to kick the tires. Probably need to do it quick though. Anybody with even a whiff of pass rush ability doesn't sit on the street long.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

Browns fans complained all year he was dropping into coverage too much and not being used as just a pass-rusher

I watched 5 games last year (not something I'm proud of) and he did drop back quite a bit but I'd say he rushed the passer at least 50% of the time, he just couldn't get home. He was a beast for Jim in 2014 though
Would take him in a heartbeat but he hated playing in O'Neil's scheme in Cleveland...

All for it, be an excellent backup/swing guy for right now, stop gap for near future, and potential starter(contingent on regaining 2014 form) at both OLB's for us. Marcus Rush has exceeded mine and many others expectations and plays his arse off, but I'd like to see him do that vs. starters and also display other skillsets (dropping in coverage, setting edge, etc.) before making him a backup fixture. Tank does 1 thing VERY WELL, but its a lot to fill in as a starter if the need arose right now 9same for Harold)..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
meh I'd rather sign freddy Kruger
Originally posted by susweel:
meh I'd rather sign freddy Kruger

finish him
If he plays for free. There's no way jed is opening the pocket book
Share 49ersWebzone