LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Preseason trade alert! Eagles get Dorial Green-Beckham from Titans.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RDB4216:
For all of the people talking there must be a reason DGB got traded, that he wasn't learning the playbook - and even the Titans themselves coming out and saying he was too inconsistent: check the numbers. He was their leading WR in both yardage and TD's! As a rookie. As a rookie that came into the league, with some baggage, and having run a very limited route tree in college. Everyone knew he had a ton of talent and potential, but was a project that needed to be coached up.

Inconsistent? This from a team that fired their head coach mid-season? And a starting QB that missed most of the season with an injury? That's a joke - the whole TEAM was inconsistent.

Keep in mind, this is not the same HC or GM that drafted DGB. This trade is the result of a very inexperienced staff, basically admitting they are not capable of coaching him up. A staff that thinks a 35 year old Andre Johnson is the "answer" at WR. And a staff that was so giddy about rushing for 250+ yards, in a preseason game...against a Chargers team minus 3 starters...somehow means they won't have to throw the ball when the games get real. And this is why the Titans are a laughing stock, year after year.

You are right however it's like the tallest midget award. He's the best wr of the trash. Although I think Kendall wright is probably better currently
  • evil
  • Veteran
For all of the people talking there must be a reason DGB got traded, that he wasn't learning the playbook - and even the Titans themselves coming out and saying he was too inconsistent: check the numbers. He was their leading WR in both yardage and TD's! As a rookie. As a rookie that came into the league, with some baggage, and having run a very limited route tree in college. Everyone knew he had a ton of talent and potential, but was a project that needed to be coached up.

Inconsistent? This from a team that fired their head coach mid-season? And a starting QB that missed most of the season with an injury? That's a joke - the whole TEAM was inconsistent.

Keep in mind, this is not the same HC or GM that drafted DGB. This trade is the result of a very inexperienced staff, basically admitting they are not capable of coaching him up. A staff that thinks a 35 year old Andre Johnson is the "answer" at WR. And a staff that was so giddy about rushing for 250+ yards, in a preseason game...against a Chargers team minus 3 starters...somehow means they won't have to throw the ball when the games get real. And this is why the Titans are a laughing stock, year after year.

Not the same HC that drafted DGB, but Mularkey was on the 2015 Titans offensive staff so he has been around and has inside first hand knowledge of DGB. And the OC is a well respected man with a boat load of experience as a WR's coach in Terry Robiskie who was the WR coach in Atlanta that helped develop both Roddy White and Julio Jones.

You can place the blame on everyone but DGB but the criticism is not just coming from fans but also the Titans beat writers who are at practice and inside the locker room, and were around the entire situation with both staffs. And given that there were concerns about DGB's maturity coming out of college and that we are still seeing it, it only further lends credence to what the local Tennessee media is saying.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Aug 17, 2016 at 6:56 AM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Not the same HC that drafted DGB, but Mularkey was on the 2015 Titans offensive staff so he has been around and has inside first hand knowledge of DGB. And the OC is a well respected man with a boat load of experience as a WR's coach in Terry Robiskie who was the WR coach in Atlanta that helped develop both Roddy White and Julio Jones.

You can place the blame on everyone but DGB but the criticism is not just coming from fans but also the Titans beat writers who are at practice and inside the locker room, and were around the entire situation with both staffs. And given that there were concerns about DGB's maturity coming out of college and that we are still seeing it, it only further lends credence to what the local Tennessee media is saying.

They force fed him the ball last year. Somebody has to take the targets. Clearly he doesnt get being a professional. Team asked him to take his job seriously and show up to camp ready to go. Instead he spent the offseason being what we all assumed AD was being. Fat and lazy. DGB took the fast track down the depth chart.
Jed is so cheap, here we are in need of WR's and jed could have given them a half eaten burrito for that guy ;-;
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Sarcasm bruh

Bruh. Your sarcasm is poo poo. Remember we don't know you.

I'll make sure I'm more sarcastic for you next time.
Originally posted by walker807:
They force fed him the ball last year. Somebody has to take the targets. Clearly he doesnt get being a professional. Team asked him to take his job seriously and show up to camp ready to go. Instead he spent the offseason being what we all assumed AD was being. Fat and lazy. DGB took the fast track down the depth chart.

They did not force feed him the ball last year. He wasn't even the top WR targeted, and only had a handful of targets more than Wright. The only person on the team they really force the ball to is Delanie Walker. No, he didn't set the world on fire - but he didn't do too bad either, for a rookie that everyone knew would take some time to develop. Especially when the entire team was inconsistent and falling apart. They didn't "earn" the #1 pick of the draft for no reason.

And there has been no local talk about his coming into camp out of shape, or complaints about his attitude. I see the camp reports, and the local media coverage. I've been to the open scrimmages. I even know one of the cheerleaders. This trade came out of nowhere, and was a knee-jerk reaction. If they would have shopped him around a little even, they would have gotten something more than a 3rd string o-linemen.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Apparently he hasn't been consistent and he wasn't a good fit for the offense. My gut says the Titans will regret this. Would have loved to get DGB for Brandon Thomas

Dennis Kelly is way more of a value than unproven Brandon Thomas.

Mularkey was his OC a year ago. Pretty sure the staff has a good handle on who he is. Maybe DGB matures and starts to work hard but the excuses people keep making for this guy because he's big and talented are laughable. Lots of big and talented guys have flushed out of the league because they weren't willing to put the work in. You don't trade a guy with that kind of upside if you believe he has a future with your franchise. Clearly the Titans didn't.

You can't just coast on your athleticism and physical size in the NFL alone. You have to develop your game, as a receiver you have to know your playbook, you have to be able to run routes efficiently, you have to put the time in to be the best.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 17, 2016 at 10:04 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:

They did not force feed him the ball last year. He wasn't even the top WR targeted, and only had a handful of targets more than Wright. The only person on the team they really force the ball to is Delanie Walker. No, he didn't set the world on fire - but he didn't do too bad either, for a rookie that everyone knew would take some time to develop. Especially when the entire team was inconsistent and falling apart. They didn't "earn" the #1 pick of the draft for no reason.

And there has been no local talk about his coming into camp out of shape, or complaints about his attitude. I see the camp reports, and the local media coverage. I've been to the open scrimmages. I even know one of the cheerleaders. This trade came out of nowhere, and was a knee-jerk reaction. If they would have shopped him around a little even, they would have gotten something more than a 3rd string o-linemen.

Terry McCormick ‏@terrymc13 19h19 hours ago
Trade talks with #Eagles and #Titans for DGB began last week.

FWIW Kelly had currently been the second string RT in Philly not a third stringer.

Also :

Robinson said inconsistency with DGB was the biggest issue #Titans had with him.

Mike Mularkey said he was very upfront and DGB inconsistency was an issue. "We had many conversations about that and it never did click in."

"I think it was just inconsistencies. We've talked about that before and wanting to come in on a day-in, day-out basis and perform at a level that is expected of Titans," Robinson said,

Mularkey echoed that on Tuesday afternoon in explaining the reasoning behind the trade.

"It's a daily evaluation of everybody. I've been very up front about everybody you've asked me about, about how they're performing," Mularkey said. "I'll say this, the inconsistency that was there, we had many conversations about having back-to-back-to-back days. It wasn't like he wasn't trying, but it never clicked in."

But you can keep on being salty about it.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Aug 17, 2016 at 10:37 AM ]
I'm OK with no DGB since he is a big risk. How does the Eagles WR depth look now at WR? Will someone there become available.

I wish they would trade Matthews but that will never happen.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jobiwon:
I'm OK with no DGB since he is a big risk. How does the Eagles WR depth look now at WR? Will someone there become available.

I wish they would trade Matthews but that will never happen.

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane reports Rueben Randle has "failed to impress" this summer and is "expendable."

After drawing praise from coach Doug Pederson earlier this month, it's been all downhill from there for Randle. With the acquisition of Dorial Green-Beckham on Tuesday, Randle and fellow veteran free agent signing WR Chris Givens are on the roster bubble and in danger of not making the 53-man team. DGB, Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor, and KR/WR Josh Huff are ahead of Randle.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
if DGB wouldnt buy into the Titans' want him to do, what makes you think he'd buy into what Chip is doing? DGB sounds like the type of player Chip trades/cuts
Originally posted by boast:
if DGB wouldnt buy into the Titans' want him to do, what makes you think he'd buy into what Chip is doing? DGB sounds like the type of player Chip trades/cuts

One less headache to deal with.
Originally posted by susweel:
Wow I didn't know teams are allowed to trade for players that are on other teams. The is great knowledge I just learned today, arrow up on me.

Share 49ersWebzone