LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Goodbye WR Aaron Burbridge! - 6th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's our best WR no doubt
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
He's our best WR no doubt

Lol
Really good pick. Could be a day 1 starter if he can beat Patton.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:

Yeah the bar is pretty low......
I do like Burbridge. He's definitely one of the WRs I was hoping we'd take. But like every year.... I want them to take a top talent WR early and then grab another mid tier guy late. And instead, we get a late mid tier guy and no top tier talent.

It doesn't mean I don't like him, I just think we needed more than that from the WR position in this draft. This is why we have a 3 way competition between Ellington, Patton and Burbridge to be a starter, when really, guys like that should be competing for the time in 3 wide sets.

I get frustrated sounding like I hate a pick that I like. I really am looking forward to seeing what Burbridge brings. I just wish we were aiming a little higher with goals for this position.....
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Only one year of production, average size, below average athlete. Bad hands and only averaged 3.4 yards after the catch. It's a 6th round pick but I wouldn't get my hopes up on him. Played well vs Eli Apple and Jourdan Lewis though so that's a plus.

I chuckled.

Look at his ststs, see low YAC, has no RAC ability.

Watch college highlights, msn this dude goes snd gets bad balls, diving and falling catches EVERYWHERE.
can he be a return man?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I don't think he will do that and I don't expect him to but we don't have any good receiver after Smith so he could be a starter. Patton has played some seasons but is he good enough to be our #2? White and Smelter have not played in the NFL yet so I don't know what they will look like once they do.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
can he be a return man?

Can he play RT?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Only one year of production, average size, below average athlete. Bad hands and only averaged 3.4 yards after the catch. It's a 6th round pick but I wouldn't get my hopes up on him. Played well vs Eli Apple and Jourdan Lewis though so that's a plus.

I chuckled.

Watch college highlights, msn this dude goes snd gets bad balls, diving and falling catches EVERYWHERE.
it will be a fun battle with all of these kids! that may give some posters a trent headache but its fun for me to see this

I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the team. Watched a lot of MSU games and was consistently good in a lot of their games and sometimes great. Bailed Cook out a ton and I trust that our guys saw that when scouting Cook.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

I chuckled.

it will be a fun battle with all of these kids! that may give some posters a trent headache but its fun for me to see this

I still think Dres Anderson and Smelter will show us something. Burbridge was a very solid pick in the 6th round and I think we will have so many packages, that WRs 1-5 will get a significant amount of snaps every game. Not traditional but I trust Chip believes he can work with the six (now 7) unknown WRs on the roster
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on May 1, 2016 at 9:49 AM ]
New rules of the webzone. Everyone is a star until proven otherwise on the field. See every c.c. iowa post if you have questions. Also, if upon seeing these players on the field and youre still having trouble seeing the star power potential just check in with NC Command and he'll school you up on how great these players really are. I was so too quick to give up on guys like martin and looney before they played and I was shown the potential. And here this whole time I thought I had a decent grasp on the game having played a bit and a fan my entire life. What a great time to be a 49ers fan and another solid c/c- Baalke draft!! No worries though cuz chip can coach up D talent and make them A talent just by showing up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
I still think Dres Anderson and Smelter will show us something. Burbridge was a very solid pick in the 6th round and I think we will have so many packages, that WRs 1-5 will get a significant amount of snaps every game. Not traditional but I trust Chip believes he can work with the six (now 7) unknown WRs on the roster

It will be fun indeed to see how it all shakes out. patten and ellington need to really up their game.. fix the line, give our qb a titch more time and good things should happen. unknowns like this are fun to me!
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

If Q ain't back I see Smith and Smelter starting with this kid in the slot should be exiting
Share 49ersWebzone