Goodbye WR Aaron Burbridge! - 6th Round Pick

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
What's with baalke and picking the same receiver year in and year out. I feel like he hates big bodied receivers for some odd reason.
Why should we take a big bodied receiver?

Because many of the best receivers in recent history have been 6'2 and up. Plus none of our receivers are redzone threats, and none of them can really go up and pull passes down. It'd be nice to have more than just 6 foot possession receivers outside of Torrey.
[ Edited by philosoraptor on Apr 30, 2016 at 2:41 PM ]
Anyone know why he dropped all the way till the 6th round? He looks like a stud
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Anyone know why he dropped all the way till the 6th round? He looks like a stud

I'm guessing his 40 time?
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,258
Originally posted by jrg:

Finds the TD line, can take a hit, quick for college speed.

Ellington replacement?

He have any ST experience ?
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Because many of the best receivers in recent history have been 6'2 and up. Plus none of our receivers are redzone threats, and none of them can really go up and pull passes down. It'd be nice to have more than just 6 foot possession receivers outside of Torrey.

Smelter? Rogers? Its not like anyone youre drafting at this point is more of a sure thing than they are.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,977
WONT ARGUE ABOUT THE PICK.. I HAD HIM IN MY 3 MOCK DRAFTS GOIN IN THE 5TH ROUND..
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Because many of the best receivers in recent history have been 6'2 and up. Plus none of our receivers are redzone threats, and none of them can really go up and pull passes down. It'd be nice to have more than just 6 foot possession receivers outside of Torrey.

Smelter? Rogers? Its not like anyone youre drafting at this point is more of a sure thing than they are.
Guess I forgot about those two. This guy just sounds eerily similar to Quinton Patton.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,603
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Because many of the best receivers in recent history have been 6'2 and up. Plus none of our receivers are redzone threats, and none of them can really go up and pull passes down. It'd be nice to have more than just 6 foot possession receivers outside of Torrey.

Smelter? Rogers? Its not like anyone youre drafting at this point is more of a sure thing than they are.

12 out of the 22 WRs from last season with 1000+ yards were under 6'2" including 2 from out of the Top 3.
Two of my favorite clips (back to back):

1) Great jumping/diving TD catch @ 3:05 mark.
2) Love the two spin moves to score the TD @ 3:15 mark.
Originally posted by 9moon:
WONT ARGUE ABOUT THE PICK.. I HAD HIM IN MY 3 MOCK DRAFTS GOIN IN THE 5TH ROUND..

COOL STORY!

NFL says: "Hands are inconsistent and don't appear to be strong enough to consistently succeed on contested catches. Showed some focus issues when routes worked towards the middle. "

He has have small hands but catches almost everything.

Also said that he "Doesn't win enough near the end zone. "Always makes contested/tough catches"

Gaudy stats took a big hit against upper-­echelon competition. (beat Eli Apple)
Originally posted by DJamhour:
NFL says: "Hands are inconsistent and don't appear to be strong enough to consistently succeed on contested catches. Showed some focus issues when routes worked towards the middle. "

He has have small hands but catches almost everything.

Also said that he "Doesn't win enough near the end zone. "Always makes contested/tough catches"

Gaudy stats took a big hit against upper-­echelon competition. (beat Eli Apple)

sounds like a slot/possession receiver. throw some bricks at him to work on those hands
Originally posted by jrg:

2nd or 3rd round projection, huh?

Dude throws his body all around to make the catch...the anti-Vernon Davis.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 37,562
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Anyone know why he dropped all the way till the 6th round? He looks like a stud

I'm guessing his 40 time?

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.49 seconds
I had him picked first overall. What a steal.
Share 49erswebzone