LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

TRADED Rashard Robinson CB LSU - 4th Round pick - BYE RASHARD

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jiks:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/

After 24 hours
Originally posted by Furlow:
They do play a lot of trail technique, but I see their CB's looking back. Plus they have an all-world FS in Earl Thomas, which makes it easier as a CAB.

Do they? I can't say I've ever noticed it. I'm sure you're right but it just feels like they are always in the hip pocket. looking back at the QB and feeling the WR with one arm.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Furlow:
They do play a lot of trail technique, but I see their CB's looking back. Plus they have an all-world FS in Earl Thomas, which makes it easier as a CAB.

Do they? I can't say I've ever noticed it. I'm sure you're right but it just feels like they are always in the hip pocket. looking back at the QB and feeling the WR with one arm.

Well yes, they trail until the ball is thrown, then look back, as they should. I can't imagine they're being taught to NOT look back.

This is honestly the worst thing I've heard about this staff, by far.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Can we trade this clown of a DC now please....

Don't turn your head... hmmm
GRAB THE HANDS!! brilliant!!

Saleh didn't just arbitrarily create this approach. It originates from the two best contemporary minds in football.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 31, 2017 at 7:11 PM ]
Shouldn't have traded him away for a damn 5th. Had flashes of being a good player. Could have been a backup until he possibly developed and matured.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Shouldn't have traded him away for a damn 5th. Had flashes of being a good player. Could have been a backup until he possibly developed and matured.

I talked smack when I get pissed, but got a 5th we should've just kept him. But let's see who we draft for this 5th rounder. Maybe it will be a killer Olineman

Agreed
Originally posted by titan:
I talked smack when I get pissed, but got a 5th we should've just kept him. But let's see who we draft for this 5th rounder. Maybe it will be a killer Olineman

ShanaLynch do like those 5th rounders!
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Can we trade this clown of a DC now please....

Don't turn your head... hmmm
GRAB THE HANDS!! brilliant!!

Saleh didn't just arbitrarily create this approach. It originates from the two best contemporary minds in football.

Hero, why is it taught this way? Is it because they don't want the CB to slow down by looking back for the ball?
Originally posted by titan:

Good Cornerbacks are so damn hard to come by. That's why top ones are paid so high. Just he fact that Robinson has shown some promise before is enough to keep him around. He's played 1.5 seasons of pro ball, and didn't even play his last year of college. And last year coached by a bum.

But yea you're right , the only thing that would make it ok is if they draft someone solid 5th. Shanny seems to have a solid eye for talent so I got high hopes for it.

Originally posted by thl408:
Hero, why is it taught this way? Is it because they don't want the CB to slow down by looking back for the ball?

Skip to 12:45

?t=767
Good riddance, what a problem maker who also destroyed at least one TD drive near the goal..See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya..well unless I got a few of your million!
  • thl408
Thanks. I got mad respect for Saban. "Out of phase" (trailing), play the hands. I wish he explained the why. On under thrown balls, that CB is getting DPI it seems.
Every time a Baalke draftee is let go...

[ Edited by Imcaleburnot on Oct 31, 2017 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Thanks. I got mad respect for Saban. "Out of phase" (trailing), play the hands. I wish he explained the why. On under thrown balls, that CB is getting DPI it seems.

That's one thing that's infuriating to me. Why do QBs get rewarded for a bad pass? It should not be a penalty if the pass is poorly thrown.
Share 49ersWebzone