There are 240 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Still remember when we traded up for him then all the analysts were scratching their heads in confusion on why we'd trade up for him. Lol

Possibly because he was the best interior lineman in the country? Possibly because his film was very good and he was serving pancakes for breakfast

It was a bad reach and even worse trade up. Especially considering all the talented players still on the board.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
So who is gonna back up at guard now? We cut Toreen

That's not important right now. We need to get a 5th TE and 4th QB first.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I hope you weren't counting on Garnett. The finger injury did it for me. The fire isn't there. It isn't just injuries. It's the desire to want to do better. The door has been wide open for him to lock down a starting guard spot and he can't even be counted on to be a backup. The other guys stuck, but at least they play.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
f**k off

I KNOW THAT WASN'T FOR ME..

LOL
f**ken Baalke sucked so bad
you guys honestly think Jaylon Smith would have recovered in the Bay Area under Baalke and York ownership? With our medical staff? Hahahahaha.

He would have been out of the league after a year or two.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
you guys honestly think Jaylon Smith would have recovered in the Bay Area under Baalke and York ownership? With our medical staff? Hahahahaha.

Why does the medical staff get blamed for injuries?
The most ironic part is that Baalke is mr ACL and mr redshirt rookie. We needed some LBs and this was his chance to grab an injured redshirt player in Jack or Smith. And he couldn't even do that right.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Yes

• dj43

Will look at what becomes available now. ShanaLynch may not find anything better and resign him. He wasn't a very good answer anyway.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I hope you weren't counting on Garnett. The finger injury did it for me. The fire isn't there. It isn't just injuries. It's the desire to want to do better. The door has been wide open for him to lock down a starting guard spot and he can't even be counted on to be a backup. The other guys stuck, but at least they play.

Definitely not. Good move cutting this guy.
Originally posted by dj43:

Will look at what becomes available now. ShanaLynch may not find anything better and resign him. He wasn't a very good answer anyway.

Garland and Brunskill can both play inside as well and both were better than Toran. Hopefully we pick up a couple upgrades over them though.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

Alex Bars
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Yeah so true. Part of me would like to seem him use this as motivation to improve in the NFL. But more likely, he will just fold and start applying to med school now
Share 49ersWebzone