LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by jimrat:
How is this guy still out......he dislocated his finger??? Tape that b***h up wtf!!

If it were the regular season, he might do that.

I agree, but for Garnett, who is on the outside looking in, should've be playing it safe.

I don't think it's his call.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Just hand him over to the Patriots already...he'll turn pro bowl and free ride to a SB
Let's be honest, as sad as it is, Garnett seems to obviously be more talented than any of the trash reserves on this roster. I hate that he's hurt so often but, if he's healthy enough to play a preseason game or be available week one, as much as I hate to say it, I haven't seen another player step up enough to take his place.

I'm just saying.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 11, 2019 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Let's be honest, as sad as it is, Garnett seems to obviously be more talented than any of the trash reserves on this roster. I hate that he's hurt so often but, if he's healthy enough to play a preseason game or be available week one, as much as I hate to say it, I haven't seen another player step up enough to take his place.

I'm just saying.

I agree. Not saying I like it but it's reality. I may be wrong but isn't next years draft strong in oline?

I'm just saying.

That's true. It's a shame that it's come to that because of the shoddy depth. But, in a regular season game, I'd rather roll the dice with Garnett than anyone that played yesterday. Sadly, the same is true for S. I'd actually trust the Alabama Injury Duo over the backups not named Reed and Exum. Hopefully, some guys step out from obscurity the next few weeks.
I gave up on this dude
Originally posted by Wagga49er:

I'm just saying.

I agree. Not saying I like it but it's reality. I may be wrong but isn't next years draft strong in oline?

Pretty much we're stuck with him hopefully he can stay healthy and offer some sort of contribution. Sacraficial lamb to Aaron Donald lol.

I'm just saying.
The guy is snake bit for sure. If he could ever manage to stay healthy long enough to prove it I think it could be an upgrade over Person. When he replaced him last year during a series of snaps, before he himself got hurt again, he actually played pretty well, especially in the running game, and he brings a bit of nastiness to the line that I think they need. But as is often said, half of life is just about the ability to show up. If he can't stay on the field he is not much use to anyone. Guess we'll see what happens.
Originally posted by 49ers81:

I'm just saying.
The guy is snake bit for sure. If he could ever manage to stay healthy long enough to prove it I think it could be an upgrade over Person. When he replaced him last year during a series of snaps, before he himself got hurt again, he actually played pretty well, especially in the running game, and he brings a bit of nastiness to the line that I think they need. But as is often said, half of life is just about the ability to show up. If he can't stay on the field he is not much use to anyone. Guess we'll see what happens.
Yea hes hella fragile

I'm just saying.

I think you are right

Man we could really use him right now, at least be a respectable player.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I gave up on this dude

His own finger tried to bail on him. Twice.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zonkers:

I'm just saying.

That's true. It's a shame that it's come to that because of the shoddy depth. But, in a regular season game, I'd rather roll the dice with Garnett than anyone that played yesterday. Sadly, the same is true for S. I'd actually trust the Alabama Injury Duo over the backups not named Reed and Exum. Hopefully, some guys step out from obscurity the next few weeks.

Shanny is preserving this lard like pickled pigs feet...hoping he'll provide good depth (possible starter) if he can keep him healthy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Shanny is preserving this lard like pickled pigs feet
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by zonkers:

I'm just saying.

Shanny is preserving this lard like pickled pigs feet...hoping he'll provide good depth (possible starter) if he can keep him healthy

Lets all say a prayer....

Good lord the one and only, please give Joshua Garnett the Strength, Skills, and GOOD HEALTH to protect our quarterback and become a decent (not even good just decent) starting right guard and play 16 games. PLEASE GOD
[ Edited by 24karat49er on Aug 14, 2019 at 3:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone