LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
continuity. going to hockey games together. we are going to be so much better on the o line this year. please try to keep up

what does this have to do with Garnett hurting his finger?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
continuity. going to hockey games together. we are going to be so much better on the o line this year. please try to keep up

what does this have to do with Garnett hurting his finger?

Nothing, just more rambling nonsense.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
I'm done with Garnett.

Eh, Garnett wasn't a starter. Continuity helps, especially in Kyle's complex offense. The Falcons did alright despite not having world beating guards. A healthy Richburg is key.
I get peoples frustration with Garnet but I honestly feel bad for him. The guy jams his finger somewhere during the course of a normal movement or some drill in practice and is dislocated. Then it winds up needing surgery. Some of these injuries just plain and simple aren't preventable, I don't care what anybody says.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 1, 2019 at 2:10 PM ]
When I first saw the headline regarding an injured first rounder, I thought it might be someone important...nevermind. And it wasn't even Jimmie Ward.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm done with Garnett.

Eh, Garnett wasn't a starter. Continuity helps, especially in Kyle's complex offense. The Falcons did alright despite not having world beating guards. A healthy Richburg is key.
everyone said.. our offensive line is going to be so much better with everyone healthy and back and they went to hockey games together which shows how much great chemistry we have. well. we are into two weeks and two are hurt and the guards are still as s**tty as they were before camp
everyone said.. our offensive line is going to be so much better with everyone healthy and back and they went to hockey games together which shows how much great chemistry we have. well. we are into two weeks and two are hurt and the guards are still as s**tty as they were before camp

The only dude that went to that hockey game that's currently healing up is Richburg. Garnett was never there and wasn't looked at as a starter.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm done with Garnett.

I don't know if I completely give up, but it's getting pretty darn close.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Sucks I was so high on him during the draft

It goes to show you...you could be a workhorse with no injuries issues in college and then become Garnett or Ward (both were healthy through college).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm done with Garnett.

people like him and ward were big fish in a little pond of their college but now they are little fish and can not hack it in the nfl. which of course does not explain the niner infatuation with ward no matter the coach or the gm

Why are Baalke players like Garnett and Jimmie Ward so freaking soft? I mean jesus....How could you be this bad at talent evaluation? They're FIRST ROUND PICKS. HOW CAN YOU BE THIS BAD. JUST GOOGLE A MOCK DRAFT FROM NFL.COM, AND GO DOWN THE LIST, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER

Stuff like this really makes me question the guys that say, "well all Webzoners are just armchair GMs. They wouldn't know how to pick players".
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Aug 1, 2019 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Why are Baalke players like Garnett and Jimmie Ward so freaking soft? I mean jesus....How could you be this bad at talent evaluation? They're FIRST ROUND PICKS. HOW CAN YOU BE THIS BAD. JUST GOOGLE A MOCK DRAFT FROM NFL.COM, AND GO DOWN THE LIST, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER

Stuff like this really makes me question the guys that say, "well all Webzoners are just armchair GMs. They wouldn't know how to pick players".

Most people were excited about the Garnett pick, now it looks horrible, especially with the way Michael Thomas has played, now getting a $100M deal.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Every team, GM in history has had tons of whiffs in the 1st round. But calling the Baalke tenure a bust over all is not untrue either.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Most people were excited about the Garnett pick, now it looks horrible, especially with the way Michael Thomas has played, now getting a $100M deal.

every fan always gets excited about picks when the pick is in, so it doesnt really matter....If you don't believe me, you can check out the AJ Jenkins thread. There's a few laughs in there

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/165374-aj-jenkins-is-a-49er/

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Every team, GM in history has had tons of whiffs in the 1st round. But calling the Baalke tenure a bust over all is not untrue either.

I understand that you have whiffs. Like maybe some character concerns like Reuben Foster. Or off field issues like Aldon. You can't predict those things. But at least you SAW the talent that was there and took a chance. In some sense, I'm okay with them swinging and missing on those. Because it tells me that the GM actually understands how to scout great talent at the position, so you can get it right the next time.....
This guy must have 0ne heckuva personality.
Share 49ersWebzone