LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 330 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Any word on Joshie Garnett from Camp?

He's been starting with the 1st team at RG.

Here's what our OL coach stated...

"He's been taking reps with the ones now (with Richburg out during the offseason program, Person slid over to center and Garnett entered at right guard). He's a talented guy and it's a shame he's had to battle through these hardships. He's one of our most explosive guys, along with the athleticism, so I would love to see Josh put together a string and make a run at winning one of those jobs."
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 18, 2019 at 6:50 AM ]
The Jimmie Ward of our offense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

you think we would have learned with ward
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

"He's been taking reps with the ones now (with Richburg out during the offseason program, Person slid over to center and Garnett entered at right guard). He's a talented guy and it's a shame he's had to battle through these hardships. He's one of our most explosive guys, along with the athleticism, so I would love to see Josh put together a string and make a run at winning one of those jobs."

We have talent on this team. Never the question. We just need guys to become just a little more durable. Some luck would help too.

Totally agree
Originally posted by cciowa:

Learned what? They didn't tag him...kid never had health issues in college. Team captain and Outland winner.

We could bring in Favre and he'd find a way to get injured s**t luck man.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

We have talent on this team. Never the question. We just need guys to become just a little more durable. Some luck would help too.

Totally agree

I'm not sure how much talent we have compared to the rest of league but we definitely should have much more depth and a few proven high end players. Praying health + talent = playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Learned what? They didn't tag him...kid never had health issues in college. Team captain and Outland winner.

We could bring in Favre and he'd find a way to get injured s**t luck man.

we have been bad in pass protection going back to 2011 no matter the qb or coach.... this is not about dumb luck in my opinion
we have been bad in pass protection going back to 2011 no matter the qb or coach.... this is not about dumb luck in my opinion

Health has been a huge issue...we've had a f**k ton of 1st/2nd rd talent scattered throughout that OL since Harbs got here.

Without question health has been the biggest issue on the OL. They've invested via FA/draft along with trying to develop mid rd guys and a good chunk of them have been hurt thought the yrs.

I have no idea what you're referring too, when you can say health hasn't been a massive factor ...we've had multiple coaches and GMs. What do you think our owner doesn't value OL or something weird like that?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 18, 2019 at 10:44 AM ]
It seems like health is an issue at nearly every position with this team. QB, RB, O line, DB's and receivers. With so many injuries, maybe York should see if Stanford Medical Center or U C Berkeley wants to pay to put their name on the stadium. The nickname possibilities are endless. The big ward (no pun intended). The emergency room. Trauma field. The could have an ambulance siren every time they score. Maybe they get free medical services thrown in.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It seems like health is an issue at nearly every position with this team. QB, RB, O line, DB's and receivers. With so many injuries, maybe York should see if Stanford Medical Center or U C Berkeley wants to pay to put their name on the stadium. The nickname possibilities are endless. The big ward (no pun intended). The emergency room. Trauma field. The could have an ambulance siren every time they score. Maybe they get free medical services thrown in.

LMFAO. I love this!

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jun 18, 2019 at 11:04 AM ]
I remember when I was happy about this pick 🤢
Originally posted by Youngone:

Don't feel bad. Plenty were happy with it. The consensus was that we got the best guard in the draft that year.
Kind of crazy how things work out. The Niners fortunes turned south just as they were getting ready to move to their new stadium. Now the same thing has happened to the Warriors. Are the sports gods trying to tell us something?
Originally posted by Youngone:

I never understood this pick. Chip Kelley traded up with the Chiefs for Garnett when Cody Whitehair appeared to be a much better fit for their offense, AND Whitehair went in the middle of the 2nd round.
Share 49ersWebzone