There are 187 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
Originally posted by dj43:
Highly unlikely he will be released. We would only have to invest in a replacement. In FA that would be very expensive. We would have to spend much more than his $1.7M cap figure to replace him.

With only six picks, using a draft pick to replace him with so many other needs would be foolish.

As it stands, he has not played enough to warrant anything more than a late round pick and such a pick is very unlikely to yield a depth replacement.

He stays.

It depends on the draft. If they resign Person and someone like Dalton Risner is there at #36, 49ers may draft him since he can play both G and RT (preparing for McGlinchey moving left). In that scenario he is on the bubble since Magnusen can play C and G.
[ Edited by hummbabybear_1 on Feb 10, 2019 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Kyle and John's checklist in a player:

No skill
Injury prone
Cannot run block
Cannot pass block
Unreliable
Doesnt belong in the NFL.

Lets give him an extension.

Unfortunately i was a big fan coming out of college...now, i just can't believe he turned out like this. Whatever, if he stays this better be the last yr and ....don't count on hiim for anyting this yr. Based on that, decide what to do with him. What a choice....we're screwed.
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree

And maybe [hopefully] the light will come on and he'll fight & scrape for the job.

He was VERY good in college.

Yep. He also looked pretty good in the limited snaps he had last year. If he can put it all together this kid may be a pleasant surprise. He could be found money basically.

It would sure go a long way in getting the OL up to snuff.
Agree

And maybe [hopefully] the light will come on and he'll fight & scrape for the job.

Yep. He also looked pretty good in the limited snaps he had last year. If he can put it all together this kid may be a pleasant surprise. He could be found money basically.

Yup. Those 59 snaps he took were grade A dominant.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agree

Yup. Those 59 snaps he took were grade A dominant.

Isn't Garnett more "power" scheme fit?
Does someone know what he was in college.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Unfortunately i was a big fan coming out of college...now, i just can't believe he turned out like this. Whatever, if he stays this better be the last yr and ....don't count on hiim for anyting this yr. Based on that, decide what to do with him. What a choice....we're screwed.

I told you guys about garnett and thomas. I wish i was wrong.

Yeah, how we all wish that were true. I can't even remember WHY i thot he was so good. Whatever it was, he has kept it well hidden ever since.. sheesh.

Yeah, how we all wish that were true. I can't even remember WHY i thot he was so good. Whatever it was, he has kept it well hidden ever since.. sheesh.

Stanford has become the New England Patriots of College in that they get the most out of their players from their scheme. Really well coached. They do get some top TE and QB recruits but really it's mostly coaching and heart.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Stanford has become the New England Patriots of College in that they get the most out of their players from their scheme. Really well coached. They do get some top TE and QB recruits but really it's mostly coaching and heart.

agreed, but what about Doug Baldwin?

But they havent won titles

I mean in the way their players look better on Stanford then they do on another team usually.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

agreed, but what about Doug Baldwin?

He just was severely undervalued coming out. Same with Sherman. I had Sherman as a 4th round pick in a mock I made that year I believe.
We still can't find a trade partner?? :/ lol

I mean in the way their players look better on Stanford then they do on another team usually.

IMO it's more the players than the scheme. Stanford football players tend to be more focused and mature than other D1 football players. Shaw's scheme is slightly more complex than 3 yards and a cloud of smoke.
Originally posted by zonkers:

IMO it's more the players than the scheme. Stanford football players tend to be more focused and mature than other D1 football players. Shaw's scheme is slightly more complex than 3 yards and a cloud of smoke.

It's not super complex but you can just tell they teach the fundamentals better than other teams though. Like when they have short yardage, they just look different than other college teams in the footwork and pad level.

Reminds me a little of de la salle in how they teach their lineman technique.
Share 49erswebzone