LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
Beast

makes sense to what i saw last year.. in my above comments
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Actually the trade did help get BA. We traded 13 to Tampa and they gave us a 4th rounder, which in turn we used to trade up for BA.

We easily could have made a trade to move up for Aiyuk without the Buckner/Tampa deals. And that's also putting aside the fact that many believe we didnt need to trade up to get Aiyuk to begin with.
When did this happen? I loved Buckner.
Originally posted by teylo31:
Letting him go was a mistake. Couple that with having to see armstead on the field makes it hurt twice as much

Yup. Armstead takes plays and games off for minor boo boos. Some dudes are just built different.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Actually the trade did help get BA. We traded 13 to Tampa and they gave us a 4th rounder, which in turn we used to trade up for BA.

We easily could have made a trade to move up for Aiyuk without the Buckner/Tampa deals. And that's also putting aside the fact that many believe we didnt need to trade up to get Aiyuk to begin with.

No, now you're just spouting assumptions.

lol. you think an extra 4th round pick is what gave us the ammo to move up a couple of spots for a guy that KS really wanted?
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

lol. you think an extra 4th round pick is what gave us the ammo to move up a couple of spots for a guy that KS really wanted?

Whoop, it was a fifth rounder and 4th rounder. Either way, it was a pick that the Bucs gave us that we used to trade up. These are facts and not fake scenarios you guys are putting up. We didn't have our own 2, 3, 4 rounds. So yeah, that was the ammo that helped the Niners move up.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Sep 8, 2021 at 9:26 PM ]

Whoop, it was a fifth rounder and 4th rounder. Either way, it was a pick that the Bucs gave us that we used to trade up. These are facts and not fake scenarios you guys are putting up. We didn't have our own 2, 3, 4 rounds. So yeah, that was the ammo that helped the Niners move up.

Same thing would've happened if we kept Buckner and traded AA instead. BA was gonna be the pick either way.

You can argue that it was better for the cap to trade Buck, but don't try and act like without that trade we don't get BA.

Same thing would've happened if we kept Buckner and traded AA instead. BA was gonna be the pick either way.

You can argue that it was better for the cap to trade Buck, but don't try and act like without that trade we don't get BA.
I would've kept Buckner instead of AA like everyone else wanted, but that's not what happened. You throwing 5th and 6th rounders to move up 6 spots in round 1? I'm providing facts and you're providing hypotheticals. I could say the opposite and say without the trade BA doesn't happen, except I have evidence that he was traded using the bucs pick.
At this moment with Aiyuk being outplayed by an UDFA special teamer and Kinlaw's knee deteriorating, the 49ers basically gave Buckner away for free.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 15, 2021 at 12:55 PM ]

I would've kept Buckner instead of AA like everyone else wanted, but that's not what happened. You throwing 5th and 6th rounders to move up 6 spots in round 1? I'm providing facts and you're providing hypotheticals. I could say the opposite and say without the trade BA doesn't happen, except I have evidence that he was traded using the bucs pick.

Is it a fact that we used picks acquired in the Bucs trade to move up for Aiyuk? Yes.

Is it a fact that without the picks acquired in the Bucs trade that we wouldn't have been able to move up for Aiyuk? No.

That's my point. There is no way it's a fact that the only way we are able to move up for Aiyuk is the Bucs trade. Period.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
DeFo is a hell of a football player and even he didn't make a bit of difference in Seattle avg over 9 yds a pass and 5 yards a carry in Week 1.
Has Buckner ever missed a game?
Ceedee Lamb and Buckner >>> Armstead, Kinlaw, and Aiyuk
Share 49ersWebzone