There are 218 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
" get Buck with it" miss this #99
durability second to none.
The choice was Buckner or Armstead plus Kinlaw
Originally posted by dhp318:
This FO makes terrible trades, let's be honest with ourselves.

what are you smoking?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So Lynch told us Buckner would be too expensive and it would have prevented us from signing Kittle and Warner in the future. So now that we just signed Williams in a year where the cap was actually smaller to a contract that dwarfs our offer to Buck, how does that math work?

yep it's trash reasoning.

keep Buckner, let go both Armstead and jimmy and draft the guy that went to Tampa bay. Boom fixed
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

keep Buckner, let go both Armstead and jimmy and draft the guy that went to Tampa bay. Boom fixed

Wouldn't have the pick to draft Wirfs if you kept Buckner.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

Wouldn't have the pick to draft Wirfs if you kept Buckner.

He's talking about the 2nd rounder
Buckner was too expensive they weren't paying him no 21 million a year in a billion years. Just get ready he makes his homecoming to Levi's I think in week 11. Maybe it was 7 I forget, 7-11?
Originally posted by stanman106:

Choice could've been Bucket and rookie. Should've got rid of AA.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

FALSE statement..

The trade was made NOT because Kinlaw was available, it was made prior to that..

THO the jury still out on Kinlaw, he best be as good a BUCKO in order to just WASH the trade.. because if he's only as good as AA, then it's NEGATIVE..
Originally posted by 9moon:

FALSE statement..

The trade was made NOT because Kinlaw was available, it was made prior to that..

THO the jury still out on Kinlaw, he best be as good a BUCKO in order to just WASH the trade.. because if he's only as good as AA, then it's NEGATIVE..

If he's good as Buckner, it's not a wash because of the money that we saved.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So Lynch told us Buckner would be too expensive and it would have prevented us from signing Kittle and Warner in the future. So now that we just signed Williams in a year where the cap was actually smaller to a contract that dwarfs our offer to Buck, how does that math work?

It doesnt. The cap isnt real.

Clearly it is, or he'd still be here. Williams, along with others, would not have been resigned had Buck been resigned. They weren't going to tie up $40mil in 2 DTs, nor were they going to get a top 13 pick for AA. They parlayed that into a buck replacement with high upside on a rookie deal and Ayiuk. Wish he was still here as well, but it wasn't in the cards.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree. Armstead and Kinlaw - is how it turned out, and I'm fine with that. Buckner was a great player, but not as important as an elite edge rusher. If you look at all the super bowl winners - most of them- had elite edge rushers vs elite DTs.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree. Armstead and Kinlaw - is how it turned out, and I'm fine with that. Buckner was a great player, but not as important as an elite edge rusher. If you look at all the super bowl winners - most of them- had elite edge rushers vs elite DTs.

Agreed, I love Buck as a player and leader but I'm sorry unless you're Donald 21 mil per is easily a pass. At the end of the day they did the right thing
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Agreed, I love Buck as a player and leader but I'm sorry unless you're Donald 21 mil per is easily a pass. At the end of the day they did the right thing

49ers are paying about the same for Kinlaw+Armstead for around 1/2 of the production of Buckner.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 16, 2021 at 5:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

49ers are paying about the same for Kinlaw+Armstead for around 1/2 of the production of Buckner.
Lol BS
Share 49ersWebzone