LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Smh

Another f**k up by the GM.

It is just sad to read that. He's right.

Gave it his all during the f**ked up times and when trending up, he gets traded. Its a business but that sends a message that your best player can work his ass off and still get traded.

During his earlier years, he was probably the best players by miles. Reminds me of how we did Gore.
  • dj43
Originally posted by genus49:
Let's be real here. Buckner wouldn't have turned this team like people are claiming, We've seen him on this roster without Bosa and Ford and while he was always showing up the defense struggled even with him.

AA is making $6 this season
Defo is making $23

This wasnt AA over Buckner

We extend Buckner and let AA walk and we're likely not signing many of all the guys we were able to afford due to the salary difference.
Garland
Brunskill
Verrett
Hyder
Bourne

We all loved Buckner but IDL was the strength of the roster. They made the move and got Kinlaw knowing he needs time.

We're a top 10 D despite all the injuries and no Buckner, all while playing much more potent offenses than the ones Colts have seen.

Good post.

Armstead's deal, in comparison to Buckner's, is very team-friendly. In addition to the actual money, Buckner's salary equals 9.7% of Indy's total payroll. Armstead is 2.9%. In short, the Buckner deal sets up the potential to keep a lot of key players for the future that would not be possible had he stayed at Indy money.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Bucker is a tremendous player, no one is disputing that, but he doesn't play QB and he is just one guy.

You guys are acting like he would be difference between the 49ers being 4-5 and 7-2/8-1.

As I've maintained all this time, if the team was 7-2 instead of 4-5 and free-falling, there wouldn't be any b***hing about this.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Bucker is a tremendous player, no one is disputing that, but he doesn't play QB and he is just one guy.

You guys are acting like he would be difference between the 49ers being 4-5 and 7-2/8-1.

As I've maintained all this time, if the team was 7-2 instead of 4-5 and free-falling, there wouldn't be any b***hing about this.

People are forgetting what this team/defense was like with Buckner and no Bosa/Ford on the edges.

The defense in points allowed(yards allowed) starting with his rookie season was
32nd(32nd)
25th(24th)
28th(13th)

Combined team record of 12-36 in those 3 seasons.

He's a great player, I wish he was still be here because he would help but would he suddenly make this defense feared like it was last year with all these injuries? Hell no.
Waiting for the fools to say Kinlaw was a good replacement lol
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Waiting for the fools to say Kinlaw was a good replacement lol

Kinlaw is a raw prospect who everyone with any sense understood wouldn't give us Buckner as a rookie, let alone Buckner in his 5th NFL season.

Kinlaw however has every opportunity to end up being a great replacement for Buckner with time and work.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Smh

This team still run by retards.
Originally posted by susweel:

Smh

Stuff like this is what makes players lose faith and not play hard.

Kwon was a big one as well. Locker room leader, rushed back and put his health in jeopardy, and then gets traded...

I understand he wasn't playing well, but if you are a current 49er, you will not go all out for this organization.

You think Bosa right now is going all out trying to get back? s**t...i would be chillin and recovering at a steady pace.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Nov 10, 2020 at 2:10 PM ]
You guys are a bunch of cry babies, if buck produced only 2.5 sacks for 20 mil annually yall will be BLASTING Lynch for paying him that much. I miss buck too but it is what it is
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
You guys are a bunch of cry babies, if buck produced only 2.5 sacks for 20 mil annually yall will be BLASTING Lynch for paying him that much. I miss buck too but it is what it is

Colts defense is one of the best in the league in this. Buck has made an impact. 20 mil worth? Okay, maybe not. You need to produce more sacks if you're a DT making 20 mil.

But like i said in my previous post. This is one of the ingredients that go into building a great culture. Only BB can get away with trading players that are locker room leaders.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Nov 10, 2020 at 2:22 PM ]

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by susweel:

Smh

Stuff like this is what makes players lose faith and not play hard.

Kwon was a big one as well. Locker room leader, rushed back and put his health in jeopardy, and then gets traded...

I understand he wasn't playing well, but if you are a current 49er, you will not go all out for this organization.

You think Bosa right now is going all out trying to get back? s**t...i would be chillin and recovering at a steady pace.

Yeah it sends terrible message to the locker room. No loyalty
Colts defense is one of the best in the league in this. Buck has made an impact. 20 mil worth? Okay, maybe not. You need to produce more sacks if you're a DT making 20 mil.

But like i said in my previous post. This is one of the ingredients that go into building a great culture. Only BB can get away with trading players that are locker room leaders.

Pretty sure Lynch and Kyle know this since you know they have actually been in a NFL locker room.

Tough decisions will be made and not all of them will be correct. Best not to sit and dwell on them and act like we can do better.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Pretty sure Lynch and Kyle know this since you know they have actually been in a NFL locker room.

Tough decisions will be made and not all of them will be correct. Best not to sit and dwell on them and act like we can do better.

Pretty sure Buckner just tweeted what i just said. I guess thats fake news!

This ain't Madden dude, lEtS kEeP EeErYoNe don't work.

Do what you gotta do to maintain longevity. Still a top 10 defense with all the injuries and BS. Let's hope Saleh doesn't get a HC job so we can keep it going.
Originally posted by walker807:

This ain't Madden dude, lEtS kEeP EeErYoNe don't work.

Do what you gotta do to maintain longevity. Still a top 10 defense with all the injuries and BS. Let's hope Saleh doesn't get a HC job so we can keep it going.

go away with, this aint madden crap. I didnt just start watching football yesterday.

Obviously it was a mistake to keep AA and let Buck go. And we just traded Kwon, so thats more cap room. Im sure Ford will be gone. Tartts contract is also up, and Juice, and many others. We would've had the cap. And with Jimmy most likely gone after this season, thats 50 mil freed up over the next two years.
Share 49ersWebzone