There are 239 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dj43:
Going to be watching Buck and Joe Bitonio go at each other tonight. Should be a good show.

Good call!
Another sack and forced fumble tonight.

4 games. 3 sacks. 2 forced fumbles. 1 fumble recovery. 0 doubts that he's a superstar.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Awesome!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

4 games. 3 sacks. 2 forced fumbles. 1 fumble recovery. 0 doubts that he's a superstar.

and the sick thing is he is still drawing doubles fairly often, Bosa and Ford get singled up a lot which is helping them feast.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

and the sick thing is he is still drawing doubles fairly often, Bosa and Ford get singled up a lot which is helping them feast.

Agree

Amazes me that he keeps getting the double teams
I wondered before season how the OLs were going to double , well...who? I figured double Buck, double Dee, Double Bosa...and Arik/ solly will have a bang up yr.

but to do that would have required. 6 guys to double Dee, Buck, and Nick. Then someone to take Arik, and that comes to 7 OLs/TEs/RBs. Subtract the QB , that's 8, and that leaves 3 guys to cover for 3 LBs and 4 DBs. By rights it should have been impossible to complete a pass against that.

But that wasn't what happened. Only Buck seems to get doubled. Yet when you look at Thl's and JD's video breakdowns, Nick always seems to have 2-3 guys trying to stop him and Dee goes by the fist guy so fast that the RB has to take him. It seems nick and buck both get doubled but it doesn't matter. With three guys on them they still get to where the QB is. And by that time it is a general business meeting for Buck, Dee, Nick, and Arik...all meeting at the QB.

The Rams were short 2 OL starters. But still they have a good team. But no way anybody but some top end OL is keeping all these guys out. The talent on this DL , and the depth....have to be the most fun to watch of any D we have ever had here. And we have had some great ones. It is just that all 4 of these guys are smokin' fast, tough, strong, great moves, and virtually impossible to stop...altho LA did have their way with them for the first 5 minutes of the game when they scored

But saleh got them straightened around when they came off the field and after that it was Katy bar the door. Goff was doomed...and beaten down. Still hard to believe his QBR was 1.1 ...and net 40 yards passing after subtracting 30 yds for sacks. Good grief.
So this guy is on the 3rd page now. Seems everyones forgotten about him, i see him make plays here and there but I dont see him going crazy like in years past. I know he gets doubled a decent bit, but has anyone rewatched games focusing on him, is he as good as years past and just getting overlooked by the guys actually getting the sacks or what? I figured with all the help he was going to tear it up this year. Anyone? I cant wait for his breakout game this year to remind everyone how much of an underrated monster he is.
[ Edited by DJamhour on Oct 29, 2019 at 7:01 PM ]
Plain and simple. He's the reason why the rest of the DLs are eating. Constantly facing double teams about 80-90% of his snaps. I believe he'll get his numbers when teams starts to adjust their gameplans against Bosa. He's still a beast tho..
Teams will start to pay more attention to the other front 7 at some point. He wrecks being double teamed

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Plain and simple. He's the reason why the rest of the DLs are eating. Constantly facing double teams about 80-90% of his snaps. I believe he'll get his numbers when teams starts to adjust their gameplans against Bosa. He's still a beast tho..

exactly! i feel he is due for a big game thursday night. arizona def is bad and the college coach will do this best to take away bosa
This dude called Murray a little squirrel lmao.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
This dude called Murray a little squirrel lmao.

and when asked if that was a compliment he said, "take it how you want".
okay big buck this is your game! MNF and a weak ass OL. getting pressure up the gut is the best recipe for neutralizing Wilson. I'm not worried about Ford/Bosa squeezing that pocket on Wilson.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
okay big buck this is your game! MNF and a weak ass OL. getting pressure up the gut is the best recipe for neutralizing Wilson. I'm not worried about Ford/Bosa squeezing that pocket on Wilson.

Go Buck! Make this your game!
Share 49ersWebzone