There are 59 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Thats debatable. Young had a couple years that i think were better. I would still say so far that i would take 1. Justin Smith 2. BY 3. Buckner. Buckner does have a shot to be better than BY though. Not there yet.

Agree. I think Buckner's issue is consistency. Justin Smith brought it every game. Peak BY did as well. He certainly has all the tools to get there. And now he has the horses next to him. Just has to do it.

This was the issue last year.. sure he had 12 sacks, but if you watched all the games, he's no where to be found on some quarters...... and this is why he's yet a SUPERSTAR !!!

He's not wrong. DeFo is not a superstar yet.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Thats debatable. Young had a couple years that i think were better. I would still say so far that i would take 1. Justin Smith 2. BY 3. Buckner. Buckner does have a shot to be better than BY though. Not there yet.

Agree. I think Buckner's issue is consistency. Justin Smith brought it every game. Peak BY did as well. He certainly has all the tools to get there. And now he has the horses next to him. Just has to do it.

This was the issue last year.. sure he had 12 sacks, but if you watched all the games, he's no where to be found on some quarters...... and this is why he's yet a SUPERSTAR !!!

Good player he needs to stack 3 solid seasons before we call him star player.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
buck is a very good player but after one very good year. a superstar? no
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
THANK YOU THANK YOU....

sad to say, that we have a bunch of FANS here who really believe that Bucko is a SUPERSTAR after being drafted.
THANK YOU THANK YOU....

sad to say, that we have a bunch of FANS here who really believe that Bucko is a SUPERSTAR after being drafted.

For the record, I've been a lot lower on Buckner than most. I've pointed out that he's been very inconsistent in his pad level which make him inconsistent in defending the run. I think his size works against him in that area but when he's rushing the passer it's what sets him apart from others at his position.

I just think the superstar vs star vs not a star topic is just flat out dumb. I really couldn't care less.
  • thl408
Originally posted by susweel:

Sure, if he wants to be a solidstar.
Originally posted by thl408:

If that's the definition of zero sacks or 2 sacks. Not trying to say he isn't solid or sacks are easy, but he went 7 games with zero sacks last year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If that's the definition of zero sacks or 2 sacks. Not trying to say he isn't solid or sacks are easy, but he went 7 games with zero sacks last year.

They're also not the only mode of production. But, overall, he simply is not as consistent as the other players many on this board think he shares status with.
  • thl408

And ADonald went 6 games with zero sacks last year. I don't know where this is going.

Smith and BY each had some 1 and 0 tackle games in their careers.
Both were elite, like Buckner.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

And above criticism!

And above criticism!

Not at all. Buckner is not above criticism just because he is the best player on the team. You asked if O was a Troll when I said he was the best but failed to tell me why you disagreed.

And ADonald went 6 games with zero sacks last year. I don't know where this is going.

Some people don't understand the role of a 3tech, especially in a wide 9 scheme. Thl and jonydel trys to educate, but it falls on deaf ears for stat sheet judges. I chalk it up to amateurs that just doesn't know the game of football

This!!!! Forget it Woo, Buck didn't get a sack and 3 tackles so he was inconsistent and sucks because of that
Arguing over Buckner being a superstar or not is silly.

We should all be over analyzing about 24 other players in this roster lol he's the least of our worries.
Share 49erswebzone