Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Thats debatable. Young had a couple years that i think were better. I would still say so far that i would take 1. Justin Smith 2. BY 3. Buckner. Buckner does have a shot to be better than BY though. Not there yet.

Agree. I think Buckner's issue is consistency. Justin Smith brought it every game. Peak BY did as well. He certainly has all the tools to get there. And now he has the horses next to him. Just has to do it.

This was the issue last year.. sure he had 12 sacks, but if you watched all the games, he's no where to be found on some quarters...... and this is why he's yet a SUPERSTAR !!!

He's not wrong. DeFo is not a superstar yet.

Good player he needs to stack 3 solid seasons before we call him star player.

Sure, if he wants to be a solidstar.
Originally posted by thl408:
Thats debatable. Young had a couple years that i think were better. I would still say so far that i would take 1. Justin Smith 2. BY 3. Buckner. Buckner does have a shot to be better than BY though. Not there yet.

Agree. I think Buckner's issue is consistency. Justin Smith brought it every game. Peak BY did as well. He certainly has all the tools to get there. And now he has the horses next to him. Just has to do it.

This was the issue last year.. sure he had 12 sacks, but if you watched all the games, he's no where to be found on some quarters...... and this is why he's yet a SUPERSTAR !!!

If that's the definition of zero sacks or 2 sacks. Not trying to say he isn't solid or sacks are easy, but he went 7 games with zero sacks last year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If that's the definition of zero sacks or 2 sacks. Not trying to say he isn't solid or sacks are easy, but he went 7 games with zero sacks last year.

They're also not the only mode of production. But, overall, he simply is not as consistent as the other players many on this board think he shares status with.
  • thl408

And ADonald went 6 games with zero sacks last year. I don't know where this is going.

Smith and BY each had some 1 and 0 tackle games in their careers.
Both were elite, like Buckner.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

And above criticism!

And above criticism!

Not at all. Buckner is not above criticism just because he is the best player on the team. You asked if O was a Troll when I said he was the best but failed to tell me why you disagreed.

And ADonald went 6 games with zero sacks last year. I don't know where this is going.

Some people don't understand the role of a 3tech, especially in a wide 9 scheme. Thl and jonydel trys to educate, but it falls on deaf ears for stat sheet judges. I chalk it up to amateurs that just doesn't know the game of football

This!!!! Forget it Woo, Buck didn't get a sack and 3 tackles so he was inconsistent and sucks because of that
Arguing over Buckner being a superstar or not is silly.

We should all be over analyzing about 24 other players in this roster lol he's the least of our worries.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This!!!! Forget it Woo, Buck didn't get a sack and 3 tackles so he was inconsistent and sucks because of that

Who said he sucks? Did anybody? Or you just making things up?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

We should all be over analyzing about 24 other players in this roster lol he's the least of our worries.

I think we have. At some time or another most of the major players and every unit has been praised or ripped. Sometimes the praise is way too premature and the ripping gets a little silly but I guess that's what we do as fans. I prefer praise over ripping but they need to do something to earn the praise first.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I think we have. At some time or another most of the major players and every unit has been praised or ripped. Sometimes the praise is way too premature and the ripping gets a little silly but I guess that's what we do as fans. I prefer praise over ripping but they need to do something to earn the praise first.

I hear you. He's easily one of the best players on our team so I find it amusing we are arguing about how "great" he is lol
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Who said he sucks? Did anybody? Or you just making things up?

I said he sucks, what did I make up? Exaggeration is fun
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the guy is a very good player, but let's stick to that for the moment..

let him earn his stripes.
Share 49ersWebzone