There are 222 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ramsfan:
49ers has more free agents than the rams and had 2nd worst record in NFL. Lol. This year they will have 11 FA , far more than the 2018 Rams. SO unless they win SB they are a failure. Just using 49ers fans logic.,

Does your second place tears still taste salty?
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jul 14, 2019 at 7:36 AM ]
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:
This thread got funny.

Anyway, just saying hi. Looking forward to the season.

I'll see what's worth responding to, but lotsa nonsense in here.

What's funny is that you've contributed as much to this forum as the Cardinals have contributed to the NFL.... absolutely nothing.
49ers has more free agents than the rams and had 2nd worst record in NFL. Lol. This year they will have 11 FA , far more than the 2018 Rams. SO unless they win SB they are a failure. Just using 49ers fans logic.,

The quantity of FAs has nothing to do with going "all in". The Rams have their QB on a rookie deal, they signed a lot of players to one year deals while the 49ers roster was decimated by Trent Baalke drafts so we had to fill out our roster with FAs.

Not even sure why you would even argue that, it was obvious to the whole NFL this was set up for the Rams to win it all and all that happened was the single worst offensive performance in the history of the Super Bowl. You should be embarrassed but as a Rams fan I'm sure you're used to that by now.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
The quantity of FAs has nothing to do with going "all in". The Rams have their QB on a rookie deal, they signed a lot of players to one year deals while the 49ers roster was decimated by Trent Baalke drafts so we had to fill out our roster with FAs.

Not even sure why you would even argue that, it was obvious to the whole NFL this was set up for the Rams to win it all and all that happened was the single worst offensive performance in the history of the Super Bowl. You should be embarrassed but as a Rams fan I'm sure you're used to that by now.

A lot of players to one year deals? Only one last year was Suh.

Getting to the SB is not an embarrassment. An example of an embarrassment is when you have a GM dumb enough to trade up for a Reuben Foster and he shows you the same bad character everyone else saw.

A lot of players to one year deals? Only one last year was Suh.

Getting to the SB is not an embarrassment. An example of an embarrassment is when you have a GM dumb enough to trade up for a Reuben Foster and he shows you the same bad character everyone else saw.

Does Dante Fowler not exist? You traded for him with one year left, correct? Is Marcus Peters not on a short contract? Suh was on a one year. Those are big names and big contracts.

You're ignoring my point though. The time for the Rams was to strike now because they had a good core group of drafted players and their QB on a rookie contract.

The Rams should have failed to even get to the Super Bowl but the refs handed you a free ticket and it was the worst offensive performance in the history of the NFL. Lmao.

You're out of your mind if you think people will remember Reuben Foster over the most boring super bowl ever. It might possibly be Tom Brady's last ring and it will forever be remembered as the Rams pooping themselves for 4 quarters.
Does Dante Fowler not exist? You traded for him with one year left, correct? Is Marcus Peters not on a short contract? Suh was on a one year. Those are big names and big contracts.

You're ignoring my point though. The time for the Rams was to strike now because they had a good core group of drafted players and their QB on a rookie contract.

The Rams should have failed to even get to the Super Bowl but the refs handed you a free ticket and it was the worst offensive performance in the history of the NFL. Lmao.

You're out of your mind if you think people will remember Reuben Foster over the most boring super bowl ever. It might possibly be Tom Brady's last ring and it will forever be remembered as the Rams pooping themselves for 4 quarters.

First off I am not ignoring your point, You jumped into a thread where I was responding to other 49ers posters. That was the genesis of the FA issue. Another poster claimed Ram,s were fragility built because of the use of FA. When you jump into a thread try reading it first.

Okay wait. You are claiming refs helped Rams to and SB. Then admit in 2013 the bad call on Bowman that got the 49ers into the SB.

Fowler is this year. How does that have anything to do with last year going all in? We could have resigned Suh. Decided against it, Moreover, one year contracts are not going all in. They are the exact opposite as they have no future implications.,

49ers have gone all in on Jimmy pick 6 G, Mckinnon, Alexander, Ford, Coleman. Admit it. It's obvious. .

Also,

Trading for a guy like Fowler can be mitigated by compensatory picks. Rams have done a great job with that. Maybe Lynch should talk to Snead about that.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Sure, but did you guys have more injuries than the 9ers last season?? Try losing your starting QB and starting RB, I mean you kinda got a taste of that in 2017, you guys could barely score against a 24th ranked defense.

And please stop with getting to the Super Bowl, you and I both know New Orleans was robbed. If only the 9ers could be so lucky.

Lol at least the 9ers managed to score more than 3 points in a Super Bowl to a more ranked defense.

And you got into the 2013 SB on the same issue. How come you did not cite that?

I. Dante Fowler is this year. Not last.

Please. The 49ers keep putting out embarrasements. Foster Colin K. etc.. Just admit it. That is the first step in recovery.

First off I am not ignoring your point, You jumped into a thread where I was responding to other 49ers posters. That was the genesis of the FA issue. Another poster claimed Ram,s were fragility built because of the use of FA. When you jump into a thread try reading it first.

Okay wait. You are claiming refs helped Rams to and SB. Then admit in 2013 the bad call on Bowman that got the 49ers into the SB.

Fowler is this year. How does that have anything to do with last year going all in? We could have resigned Suh. Decided against it, Moreover, one year contracts are not going all in. They are the exact opposite as they have no future implications.,

49ers have gone all in on Jimmy pick 6 G, Mckinnon, Alexander, Ford, Coleman. Admit it. It's obvious. .

It's clear you're ignoring my points on purpose so I'll let you troll until you disappear during the upcoming season. You ignored my point about how ranking position groups is not the same as reciting team stats because then you have to admit that the Buccaneers have the best group of QBs in the NFL.

Now you're unable to grasp the simple concept of going "all in". The Rams had the 4th least amount of remaining cap space last year with a QB on a rookie contract. Think about that. The roster was crammed with high priced free agents on short term and long term contracts. Signing multiple high priced free agents, especially ones like Peters, Suh, and Fowler, are clearly contracts to win it all. Now your team is having to thin out the important areas, you lost Saffold who was critical to your success and you will continue to lose players as Goff gets his new deal. This is exactly the same stuff that started happening to the 49ers and Seahawks after their reign as elite teams in the West. I'm sorry if it's hard for you to accept that, but the Rams will quickly dissolve into irrelevancy like those teams I just mentioned. So I don't know what world you live in that the Rams didn't try to maximize their window by signing all these free agents and claiming it's the same thing that the 49ers are doing when we had almost zero turnover from the previous regime (thus building our base roster from FA) just makes you look incredibly stupid.

Uhhhh let's review the rules shall we?

ARTICLE 1. LEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS
Within the area five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, a defensive player may chuck an eligible receiver in front of him. The defender is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone, so long as the receiver has not moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

^^Bowman play at 1:54:25.

Bowman jams White within 5 yards, ball in the air he removes his hands and pokes the ball out at the point of the catch. Textbook coverage. Nice try though.

Your missed call was clearly beyond 5 yards and he made zero attempt at the ball, your clear bias is the only thing preventing you from seeing the difference in these plays.

It's clear you're ignoring my points on purpose so I'll let you troll until you disappear during the upcoming season. You ignored my point about how ranking position groups is not the same as reciting team stats because then you have to admit that the Buccaneers have the best group of QBs in the NFL.

Now you're unable to grasp the simple concept of going "all in". The Rams had the 4th least amount of remaining cap space last year with a QB on a rookie contract. Think about that. The roster was crammed with high priced free agents on short term and long term contracts. Signing multiple high priced free agents, especially ones like Peters, Suh, and Fowler, are clearly contracts to win it all. Now your team is having to thin out the important areas, you lost Saffold who was critical to your success and you will continue to lose players as Goff gets his new deal. This is exactly the same stuff that started happening to the 49ers and Seahawks after their reign as elite teams in the West. I'm sorry if it's hard for you to accept that, but the Rams will quickly dissolve into irrelevancy like those teams I just mentioned. So I don't know what world you live in that the Rams didn't try to maximize their window by signing all these free agents and claiming it's the same thing that the 49ers are doing when we had almost zero turnover from the previous regime (thus building our base roster from FA) just makes you look incredibly stupid.

Within the area five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, a defensive player may chuck an eligible receiver in front of him. The defender is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone, so long as the receiver has not moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

Bowman jams White within 5 yards, ball in the air he removes his hands and pokes the ball out at the point of the catch. Textbook coverage. Nice try though.

Your missed call was clearly beyond 5 yards and he made zero attempt at the ball, your clear bias is the only thing preventing you from seeing the difference in these plays.

Again. You miss it, Going all in affects the future. Rams have no long term issues. So what that they spend what they could last year. That is a sign of ownership doing everything to win. Fact is Rams were the second youngest NFL last year. Fact is Rams start core is 25 and under and signed long term. Fact ts is Rams cap space is same as 49ers. Fact is 49ers went all in on Jimmy G, McKinnon, Coleman, Ford, Richards,Garcon and Alexander etc.. and so far have NOTHING to show for it.

If 49ers do not make SB this year then they went all in and failed. Admit it.

Again. You miss it, Going all in affects the future. Rams have no long term issues. So what that they spend what they could last year. That is a sign of ownership doing everything to win. Fact is Rams were the second youngest NFL last year. Fact is Rams start core is 25 and under and signed long term. Fact ts is Rams cap space is same as 49ers. Fact is 49ers went all in on Jimmy G, McKinnon, Coleman, Ford, Richards,Garcon and Alexander etc.. and so far have NOTHING to show for it.

If 49ers do not make SB this year then they went all in and failed. Admit it.

You're even worse than I thought man.

Facts:

You ignore any point I make when you have no rebuttal (see RB position group ranking, Bowman vs Robey-Coleman PI)

Half those FA's you listed haven't played a down for the 49ers yet WTF... and LMFAO who TF is Richards?

The 49ers are top 5 in cap space and the Rams are bottom 5.

You conveniently ignore this point the most so let me say it again... YOUR QB IS ON A ROOKIE DEAL.

So no... you're team is not signed all long term when your soon to be highest-paid player is on a rookie deal, this is football 101, it's not rocket science. Even Seahawks fans understand how them having RW on a rookie deal was a huge factor in them winning the Superbowl, but apparently this concept is too complicated for you to grasp.
You're even worse than I thought man.

Facts:

You ignore any point I make when you have no rebuttal (see RB position group ranking, Bowman vs Robey-Coleman PI)

Half those FA's you listed haven't played a down for the 49ers yet WTF... and LMFAO who TF is Richards?

The 49ers are top 5 in cap space and the Rams are bottom 5.

You conveniently ignore this point the most so let me say it again... YOUR QB IS ON A ROOKIE DEAL.

So no... you're team is not signed all long term when your soon to be highest-paid player is on a rookie deal, this is football 101, it's not rocket science. Even Seahawks fans understand how them having RW on a rookie deal was a huge factor in them winning the Superbowl, but apparently this concept is too complicated for you to grasp.

Yes I have a rebuttal. First off look at 2020 cap space. 2019 is immaterial as rosters are basically set. Look at 2020. Rams actually have a better cap situation that then 49ers. Looking at 2019 is dumb since most all moves have been done.

Yes our QB is a on a rookie deal. You keep ignoring that when I talked about FA that was in response to another 49er poster that said FA signings were a sign of bad management, You really need to read the thread before jumping in.

Again. Look at the cap. Look at the age of the team an tell me how the Rams " went a;ll in". You can't. Now compare that to the 49ers. If you contend the Rams went all in then the 49ers did also. And they got 4 wins.
In the last two years the 49ers have far outspent the Rams in FA signings. The 49ers are all in.

2020 49er cap space
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/'

It sucks. Better win this year.
Share 49ersWebzone