LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Donald staying away from OTAs. Rams are dumb AF, you know he's gonna be the highest paid defensive player, unless you're just wanting to let him walk this offseason just pay the dude already and make him happy.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Donald staying away from OTAs. Rams are dumb AF, you know he's gonna be the highest paid defensive player, unless you're just wanting to let him walk this offseason just pay the dude already and make him happy.

The Rams have been a pitiful organization since the 90s, and it still holds true. They were warned this would happen when they went on their cute shopping spree,did they think this was Madden franchise mode? did they forget that they still have their own in house talent to sign? Which doesn't only include Darnold but Gurley & Goff?! How much did they give up for that first round pick for Goff again? If your trump card is to sign and trade for a bunch of big name players, then you're already s**t out of luck! That's not going to get you a lot of wins, especially in this sport, look at the 2000 Redskins,2011 Eagles,& the forgotten 2013 Buccaneers . But hey at least they got in some headlines in March
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on May 21, 2018 at 12:17 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

LOL after all those signings, they prolly forgot that they still have to pay their best defensive player
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
The Rams have been a pitiful organization since the 90s, and it still holds true. They were warned this would happen when they went on their cute shopping spree,did they think this was Madden franchise mode? did they forget that they still have their own in house talent to sign? Which doesn't only include Darnold but Gurley & Goff?! How much did they give up for that first round pick for Goff again? If your trump card is to sign and trade for a bunch of big name players, then you're already s**t out of luck! That's not going to get you a lot of wins, especially in this sport, look at the 2000 Redskins,2011 Eagles,& the forgotten 2013 Buccaneers . But hey at least they got in some headlines in March

Paper tigers gonna paper tiger LMAO, we're taking the division from that paper ass #BookIt
Originally posted by LVJay:

Paper tigers gonna paper tiger LMAO, we're taking the division from that paper ass #BookIt

We've won 13 games in 3 years and finished 4th in our division (remember there's only 4 teams lol) the last 3 years.
Let's just hope we are competitive all year
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

We've won 13 games in 3 years and finished 4th in our division (remember there's only 4 teams lol) the last 3 years.

Dude, JG won't ever lose another game. Buckner gonna be a beast. Shermy miraculously becomes 100% off gimp legs. Marsh cries himself to 15+ sacks...I can go on and on, but I'll save some for later #DrunkOffKoolAid
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

Dude, JG won't ever lose another game. Buckner gonna be a beast. Shermy miraculously becomes 100% off gimp legs. Marsh cries himself to 15+ sacks...I can go on and on, but I'll save some for later #DrunkOffKoolAid

Lol
Love it
  • thl408
Interesting article on how the Rams might handle the Donald contract situation. Main point of the article, to me, is that it could make more financial sense to just franchise tag Donald three years since he's listed as a DT (less money than Edge players). But that it would send a bad message to the other players.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/5/24/17386838/aaron-donald-rams-contract-dispute-otas
If the Rams were to hand Donald a contract comparable to the one Denver gave Miller in July 2016, Donald would become the first defender in NFL history with an average annual value of more than $20 million.
For the 2018 season, the tag for defensive tackles settled at $13.9 million; for defensive ends such as recent Lions tag Ziggy Ansah, that number jumped to $17.1 million. Using the year-by-year escalators currently in place, the Rams could tag Donald three times for a total of $58.7 million, which would likely be close to or less than the money he'd make over the first three seasons of the extension he covets.
Originally posted by thl408:
Interesting article on how the Rams might handle the Donald contract situation. Main point of the article, to me, is that it could make more financial sense to just franchise tag Donald three years since he's listed as a DT (less money than Edge players). But that it would send a bad message to the other players.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/5/24/17386838/aaron-donald-rams-contract-dispute-otas
If the Rams were to hand Donald a contract comparable to the one Denver gave Miller in July 2016, Donald would become the first defender in NFL history with an average annual value of more than $20 million.
For the 2018 season, the tag for defensive tackles settled at $13.9 million; for defensive ends such as recent Lions tag Ziggy Ansah, that number jumped to $17.1 million. Using the year-by-year escalators currently in place, the Rams could tag Donald three times for a total of $58.7 million, which would likely be close to or less than the money he'd make over the first three seasons of the extension he covets.

I hope they do it! Oh that would be precious. He's already disgruntled, can you imagine after a 2nd tag, much less a 3rd?
Originally posted by WINiner:
I hope they do it! Oh that would be precious. He's already disgruntled, can you imagine after a 2nd tag, much less a 3rd?

Heck, he'll be mad after the first tag. Assuming those numbers are correct he will be losing out on 7 mill his first season.

Geez, I'd hate to be an OC going against this Ram D...

"Attacking the base 3-4 on first down would be tough enough.
But 2nd and long vs the nickel with a secondary of Peters, Talib, NRC, Joyner, and Johnson? C'mon...
The dime gets even worse for the QB. Add Shields to the above in the secondary when it's 2nd or 3rd and long and your team is trailing? Maybe by 2-3 scores?
On paper, this Wade D is an embarrassment of riches. I'm expecting really big things from this Wade D this year. And I don't think that I'm gonna be disappointed, either. Lol."

Looking forward to the two games with the Rams....and watching any other team beat the P!$$ out of the Rams....
[ Edited by VA9erfan on Jun 3, 2018 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by VA9erfan:

But 2nd and long vs the nickel with a secondary of Peters, Talib, NRC, Joyner, and Johnson? C'mon...
The dime gets even worse for the QB. Add Shields to the above in the secondary when it's 2nd or 3rd and long and your team is trailing? Maybe by 2-3 scores?
On paper, this Wade D is an embarrassment of riches. I'm expecting really big things from this Wade D this year. And I don't think that I'm gonna be disappointed, either. Lol."

Looking forward to the two games with the Rams....and watching any other team beat the P!$$ out of the Rams....

While they have a ton of talent, they are still missing some key pieces...namely LBs and edge rusher.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:

While they have a ton of talent, they are still missing some key pieces...namely LBs and edge rusher.

And Shanny / JG will exploit those weaknesses all game long
Reggie Bush has won his lawsuit against the Rams for his injury in 2015 in the Edward Jones Dome.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23773883/los-angeles-rams-ordered-pay-reggie-bush-125m-injury
so the Rams just gave Cooks a 5 yr $80 million dollar deal...dude hasn't played one game and the beast master Aaron Donald STILL hasn't gotten paid!?

Share 49ersWebzone