LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ramsfan:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It's clear you're ignoring my points on purpose so I'll let you troll until you disappear during the upcoming season. You ignored my point about how ranking position groups is not the same as reciting team stats because then you have to admit that the Buccaneers have the best group of QBs in the NFL.

Now you're unable to grasp the simple concept of going "all in". The Rams had the 4th least amount of remaining cap space last year with a QB on a rookie contract. Think about that. The roster was crammed with high priced free agents on short term and long term contracts. Signing multiple high priced free agents, especially ones like Peters, Suh, and Fowler, are clearly contracts to win it all. Now your team is having to thin out the important areas, you lost Saffold who was critical to your success and you will continue to lose players as Goff gets his new deal. This is exactly the same stuff that started happening to the 49ers and Seahawks after their reign as elite teams in the West. I'm sorry if it's hard for you to accept that, but the Rams will quickly dissolve into irrelevancy like those teams I just mentioned. So I don't know what world you live in that the Rams didn't try to maximize their window by signing all these free agents and claiming it's the same thing that the 49ers are doing when we had almost zero turnover from the previous regime (thus building our base roster from FA) just makes you look incredibly stupid.

Uhhhh let's review the rules shall we?

ARTICLE 1. LEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS
Within the area five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, a defensive player may chuck an eligible receiver in front of him. The defender is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone, so long as the receiver has not moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

^^Bowman play at 1:54:25.

Bowman jams White within 5 yards, ball in the air he removes his hands and pokes the ball out at the point of the catch. Textbook coverage. Nice try though.

Your missed call was clearly beyond 5 yards and he made zero attempt at the ball, your clear bias is the only thing preventing you from seeing the difference in these plays.

Again. You miss it, Going all in affects the future. Rams have no long term issues. So what that they spend what they could last year. That is a sign of ownership doing everything to win. Fact is Rams were the second youngest NFL last year. Fact is Rams start core is 25 and under and signed long term. Fact ts is Rams cap space is same as 49ers. Fact is 49ers went all in on Jimmy G, McKinnon, Coleman, Ford, Richards,Garcon and Alexander etc.. and so far have NOTHING to show for it.

If 49ers do not make SB this year then they went all in and failed. Admit it.

Fact is Goff is not locked up long term
Fact is the Rams cap space is not the same as the Niners
Fact is 3 points in the SB
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
2020 49er cap space
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/'

It sucks. Better win this year.

And the Rams are going to pay Goff with peanuts and glass marbles?
Blythe, Fowler, Withworth, Higbee, Peters, Talib, Zuerlein, Littleton and many others will be free agents.
See full list here:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2020/all/los-angeles-rams/
[ Edited by Mayor on Jul 15, 2019 at 3:26 AM ]

Listen at 7:10. That is exactly what I've been saying. Too complicated for some people.
It's clear you're ignoring my points on purpose so I'll let you troll until you disappear during the upcoming season. You ignored my point about how ranking position groups is not the same as reciting team stats because then you have to admit that the Buccaneers have the best group of QBs in the NFL.

Now you're unable to grasp the simple concept of going "all in". The Rams had the 4th least amount of remaining cap space last year with a QB on a rookie contract. Think about that. The roster was crammed with high priced free agents on short term and long term contracts. Signing multiple high priced free agents, especially ones like Peters, Suh, and Fowler, are clearly contracts to win it all. Now your team is having to thin out the important areas, you lost Saffold who was critical to your success and you will continue to lose players as Goff gets his new deal. This is exactly the same stuff that started happening to the 49ers and Seahawks after their reign as elite teams in the West. I'm sorry if it's hard for you to accept that, but the Rams will quickly dissolve into irrelevancy like those teams I just mentioned. So I don't know what world you live in that the Rams didn't try to maximize their window by signing all these free agents and claiming it's the same thing that the 49ers are doing when we had almost zero turnover from the previous regime (thus building our base roster from FA) just makes you look incredibly stupid.

Within the area five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, a defensive player may chuck an eligible receiver in front of him. The defender is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone, so long as the receiver has not moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

Bowman jams White within 5 yards, ball in the air he removes his hands and pokes the ball out at the point of the catch. Textbook coverage. Nice try though.

Your missed call was clearly beyond 5 yards and he made zero attempt at the ball, your clear bias is the only thing preventing you from seeing the difference in these plays.

Again. You miss it, Going all in affects the future. Rams have no long term issues. So what that they spend what they could last year. That is a sign of ownership doing everything to win. Fact is Rams were the second youngest NFL last year. Fact is Rams start core is 25 and under and signed long term. Fact ts is Rams cap space is same as 49ers. Fact is 49ers went all in on Jimmy G, McKinnon, Coleman, Ford, Richards,Garcon and Alexander etc.. and so far have NOTHING to show for it.

You're even worse than I thought man.

Facts:

You ignore any point I make when you have no rebuttal (see RB position group ranking, Bowman vs Robey-Coleman PI)

Half those FA's you listed haven't played a down for the 49ers yet WTF... and LMFAO who TF is Richards?

The 49ers are top 5 in cap space and the Rams are bottom 5.

You conveniently ignore this point the most so let me say it again... YOUR QB IS ON A ROOKIE DEAL.

So no... you're team is not signed all long term when your soon to be highest-paid player is on a rookie deal, this is football 101, it's not rocket science. Even Seahawks fans understand how them having RW on a rookie deal was a huge factor in them winning the Superbowl, but apparently this concept is too complicated for you to grasp.

I stopped replying to this guy bc he is clearly delusional. It's comical at this point. Yeah. All in on game changers like garçon?! Sure that's the same as Peters and talib 2 all pros (even though I'm not a huge fan of Peters)

It's too easy to win this argument. Talking about the worst sb performance in history against a solid defense at best with all those offensive weapons. Hahahahaha. Denial is not only a river in Egypt.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Fact is Goff is not locked up long term
Fact is the Rams cap space is not the same as the Niners
Fact is 3 points in the SB

I lulz 😂 at the last fact
Originally posted by Mayor:
2020 49er cap space
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/'

It sucks. Better win this year.

And the Rams are going to pay Goff with peanuts and glass marbles?
Blythe, Fowler, Withworth, Higbee, Peters, Talib, Zuerlein, Littleton and many others will be free agents.
See full list here:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2020/all/los-angeles-rams/

But let's just ignore that convenient fact. Wow. But hey it's all about 2020 like he said.....This is getting to be a comedy hour special.
Originally posted by elguapo:

You're even worse than I thought man.

Facts:

You ignore any point I make when you have no rebuttal (see RB position group ranking, Bowman vs Robey-Coleman PI)

Half those FA's you listed haven't played a down for the 49ers yet WTF... and LMFAO who TF is Richards?

The 49ers are top 5 in cap space and the Rams are bottom 5.

You conveniently ignore this point the most so let me say it again... YOUR QB IS ON A ROOKIE DEAL.

So no... you're team is not signed all long term when your soon to be highest-paid player is on a rookie deal, this is football 101, it's not rocket science. Even Seahawks fans understand how them having RW on a rookie deal was a huge factor in them winning the Superbowl, but apparently this concept is too complicated for you to grasp.

I stopped replying to this guy bc he is clearly delusional. It's comical at this point. Yeah. All in on game changers like garçon?! Sure that's the same as Peters and talib 2 all pros (even though I'm not a huge fan of Peters)

It's too easy to win this argument. Talking about the worst sb performance in history against a solid defense at best with all those offensive weapons. Hahahahaha. Denial is not only a river in Egypt.

Dude it's not even something that should be debated. If I was a Rams fan, I would understand that they filled out their roster with high prices FAs to win it all before paying their franchise QB and I would celebrate it. That's what they should do with Goff on his rookie contract.

He says going all means affecting the future. So in his mind, he's going to have all those high prices contracts while signing Goff to a huge deal. Talk about delusional. Lol
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
They go high in free agency to sell their ticket options for their $5 billion stadium. That's a circus. They wanna be entertaining and once the overrated QB gets the money and the stadium is opened they are going to fall to pieces.

The exact same thing what happened to the greatest show on turf. They just didn't learn from it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
not even on joe staley's daughter's radar...

broncos > rams

Now that Pats solved their offense (3 POINTS), we'll see if McVay can sufficiently adjust. Looking forward to our games with the Rams this season.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Now that Pats solved their offense (3 POINTS), we'll see if McVay can sufficiently adjust. Looking forward to our games with the Rams this season.

Goff is the kind of player who if you let him sit back there he will pick you apart, now having an elite passrush we should force him into some bad throws.
Goff is lost without directions from the sidelines. Play action or three step drop and he gives the illusion of being a top flight QB. With experience he will get better. The Rams had the Pats for a Super Bowl but the kid got schooled by the Master. Brady lucked out getting #6.
broken...

Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

Goff is the kind of player who if you let him sit back there he will pick you apart, now having an elite passrush we should force him into some bad throws.

Indeed.
Share 49ersWebzone