LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
It was the biggest egg ever! Three points you tied the record for the most futile performance in Super Bowl history. And the rams are supposed to have a great offense right? A good quarterback? Well guess what your coach and your quarterback got owned and your offense couldn't even score against an above average defense at best. New England does not have many good players at all on defense. But hey, great job.

I didn't think it was necessary to explain this to someone because everyone saw it and everyone knows it but hey, denial is not only a river in Egypt.

Exclamation points must make it so!!!

Just once try to give examples. For example. You could cite biggest SB blowouts. Oh wait. That would would contradict your position. Never mind. You have no valid position.
Futile performance does not equate to what you are trying to spin as "biggest SB blowouts". Your Rams scored three points in the biggest game of the year on the world's biggest stage. That point total is tied for the lowest amount of points scored in Super Bowl history with the Miami Dolphins in SB VI. Therefore, many would define or characterize that as "futile". How's that for an example?

You may want to be concerned more with Gurley's durability issues than the lowly Niners' RBs injury report / history. Many are eager to see how Goff handles the offense with Gurley hampered by what is being described as an "arthritic condition in his knee". He sure did hit the skids in the latter part of the season 'eh?
[ Edited by VA9erfan on Jun 28, 2019 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Like it's been said before, McVay is about to get a s**t load of people fired
Originally posted by ramsfan:
It was the biggest egg ever! Three points you tied the record for the most futile performance in Super Bowl history. And the rams are supposed to have a great offense right? A good quarterback? Well guess what your coach and your quarterback got owned and your offense couldn't even score against an above average defense at best. New England does not have many good players at all on defense. But hey, great job.

I didn't think it was necessary to explain this to someone because everyone saw it and everyone knows it but hey, denial is not only a river in Egypt.

Exclamation points must make it so!!!

Just once try to give examples. For example. You could cite biggest SB blowouts. Oh wait. That would would contradict your position. Never mind. You have no valid position.

Your posts are ludicrous and have no substance. Talk about projecting. I gave you an example or are you too 🥴to understand. The rams tied for the worst performance in a sb by scoring only 3 points with Miami. There's your example. I never said blown out. Wow. You lost your argument to myself as well as everyone else on this board yet you can't admit it you're wrong deal with it. Damn. What a whiner. Talking about dense posts. Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were those enough exclamation points for you? and yes, the exclamation points do make it so.

Tell me ramsfan that's in denial....is the above true or not? I will make it simple for you since obviously it's hard for you to grasp facts and just plain general knowledge. You're a rams fan so I know winning sbs must be new to you so I'll cut you a little slack

Please refute any of the above points I made. I'm waiting.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Yeah that's not true at all lol

What is not true? Has McKinnon, Coleman or Breida ever been a three down back? No. Have all had durability issues? yes. Are all rated below average in pass pro? Yes. You can chuckle all you want. Show me scouting reports that say otherwise. Show me stats that say otherwise. Cmon. If its not true it should be easy for you.

Your assertion that they are poor at pass blocking is false. That's that I was chuckling about lol
I didn't bold the specific text.
3 points

What is not true? Has McKinnon, Coleman or Breida ever been a three down back? No. Have all had durability issues? yes. Are all rated below average in pass pro? Yes. You can chuckle all you want. Show me scouting reports that say otherwise. Show me stats that say otherwise. Cmon. If its not true it should be easy for you.

Your assertion that they are poor at pass blocking is false. That's that I was chuckling about lol
3 points

Coleman is below average. But Mckinnon, who I expect to get the majority of third down work, does just fine in pass pro. Not to mention he might be the strongest RB in the league. So the statement that they all are terrible in pass pro is just false.

Again I would like to hear from Ramsfan how the ravens have a better backfield with Collins is better than Gurley, because by his logic they have to be. And that the Bucs have the best QB group in the league, so Winston> Mahomes by his logic.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

3 points

Coleman is below average. But Mckinnon, who I expect to get the majority of third down work, does just fine in pass pro. Not to mention he might be the strongest RB in the league. So the statement that they all are terrible in pass pro is just false.

Again I would like to hear from Ramsfan how the ravens have a better backfield with Collins is better than Gurley, because by his logic they have to be. And that the Bucs have the best QB group in the league, so Winston> Mahomes by his logic.

Yup. McKinnon was lauded for his pass protection coming out of MIN. They even did an entire piece on that specifically .
Originally posted by Waterbear:

3 points

Yup. McKinnon was lauded for his pass protection coming out of MIN. They even did an entire piece on that specifically .

Very true but let's keep pretending that ramsfan is right and has a point

I get that Gurley is a more talented RB overall than the guys we have....in a best case scenario....

However, his injury history and McVay's INFERIOR (yes, inferior) game planning capabilities compared to his FATHER Kyle have me much preferring the 49ers backfield over Gurley and CJ Anderson (if he's still with the team). Gurley looked like he was going against the 2000 Ravens defense in the Super Bowl.....49ers could have gotten more on the ground in that game with Mullens as QB, and just Breida.

And now Gurley is an injury liability. Also, that cap figure makes him a terrible value......that's something ramsfan never wants to bring up. Todd Gurley is an expensive af RB, and failed to earn his paycheck after New Year's Eve. Our entire backfield probably costs less than Gurley, FFS......

Andy Benoit thinks that Gurley's not even a better pure runner than Carlos Hyde.......which I would have to agree with. Hyde as a pure runner had a higher floor for sure. If he played for the Cowboys he might even be considered elite....

Only thing the Rams are proven better than the 49ers right now is their defense and perhaps special teams. I have ZERO envy of their offense overall.....from players to scheme.....especially what we saw in January and February.
Tell me ramsfan that's in denial....is the above true or not? I will make it simple for you since obviously it's hard for you to grasp facts and just plain general knowledge. You're a rams fan so I know winning sbs must be new to you so I'll cut you a little slack

Please refute any of the above points I made. I'm waiting.

I just think it must be embarrassing to come in here and actually debate, of all things, the Rams offensive performance in that Super Bowl.

Had the Patriots won this game 33-20, I wouldn't really have made much of it. We had already seen the Rams get stymied a bit from some good defenses this year, but they scored more in Chicago against a better defense than this....

Between Goff's overall confusion and the Patriots scheming a pass rush with maybe less talent than last year's 49er D-line to look like the '85 Bears, to Gurley's complete ineffectiveness, etc. etc. For such a hyped offense I would have been ashamed if I was McVay, and perhaps even worse, a Rams fan talking s**t on an enemy message board.

I'll give McVay one mulligan --- maybe he couldn't revamp his 11 personnel obsession scheme overnight. But this coming year 2019, if he can't fix it, he's done.......no injury/QB excuses on his end last year, and likely this year too.

And I'll remind ramsfan that outside of the Patriots, nobody who has lost a Super Bowl has come back to win it the next year, since 1971. We'll see you in 2020, homey.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't think Goff and McVay are garbage, but I do think they lost a lot of luster that was given to them prematurely.

I like Goff overall, I can separate him being a Ram. But unfortunately with McVay, there's been way too much hype for the guy that I can't stand..........very few people can separate true coaching from the talent levels.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Rams have 4 starters they traded for while the 49ers have three. Rams have 4 free agents starters while the 49ers have seven. You also failed to mention the Rams traded away two starters they drafted.

By your standards the 49ers must really suck at drafting.

The niners having crappy drafts since 2011 doesn't make the Rams good. It's ok to admit the Rams have been a joke for about 13 years prior to mcvay

The Harbaugh Niners were built on the 2004-2011 drafts, a good # of them strong, and with the exception of 2008 maybe (but Justin Smith and Ahmad Brooks were acquired in free agency from the Bengals, so big time offset), at least one contributor to that era:

2004: Sopoaga (NT), Andy Lee (P)
2005: Smith (QB), Gore (RB), Snyder (OG)
2006: Vernon Davis (TE), Parys Haralson (ER), Delanie Walker (TE)
2007: Willis (ILB), Staley (OT), McDonald (DE), Goldson (FS), Tarrell Brown (CB)
2008: Josh Morgan (WR), Larry Grant (ILB)
2009: Crabtree (WR), Boone (OG), Jean-Francois (DT)
2010: Iupati (OG), Anthony Davis (OT), Bowman (ILB), Brock (CB), Dixon (HB)
2011: Aldon Smith (ER), Kaepernick (QB), Culliver (CB), Hunter (RB), Miller (FB)

You don't build a 13-3 team overnight with a new coach just on FAs, whom ours weren't remarkable looking back in hindsight.

The McVay Rams are like the Niners, just a few years later. I remember back in 2013-2014 hearing someone remark that the Rams were picking whomever Mike Mayock had rated on his board. They always went with the safe but productive pick, and their record allowed them to stockpile for a little while.

And like both teams, as soon as the new head coach arrived, the drafts started to go downhill. The Rams did a lot more in FA and trades btw than the Niners have done in recent memory. Suh, Fowler, Talib, Peters, Cooks........lots of names there. Goff is probably their last good pick.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jul 1, 2019 at 8:56 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Rams have 4 starters they traded for while the 49ers have three. Rams have 4 free agents starters while the 49ers have seven. You also failed to mention the Rams traded away two starters they drafted.

By your standards the 49ers must really suck at drafting.

The niners having crappy drafts since 2011 doesn't make the Rams good. It's ok to admit the Rams have been a joke for about 13 years prior to mcvay

The Harbaugh Niners were built on the 2004-2011 drafts, a good # of them strong, and with the exception of 2008 maybe (but Justin Smith and Ahmad Brooks were acquired in free agency from the Bengals, so big time offset), at least one contributor to that era:

2004: Sopoaga (NT), Andy Lee (P)
2005: Smith (QB), Gore (RB), Snyder (OG)
2006: Vernon Davis (TE), Parys Haralson (ER), Delanie Walker (TE)
2007: Willis (ILB), Staley (OT), McDonald (DE), Goldson (FS), Tarrell Brown (CB)
2008: Josh Morgan (WR), Larry Grant (ILB)
2009: Crabtree (WR), Boone (OG), Jean-Francois (DT)
2010: Iupati (OG), Anthony Davis (OT), Bowman (ILB), Brock (CB), Dixon (HB)
2011: Aldon Smith (ER), Kaepernick (QB), Culliver (CB), Hunter (RB), Miller (FB)

You don't build a 13-3 team overnight with a new coach just on FAs, whom ours weren't remarkable looking back in hindsight.

The McVay Rams are like the Niners, just a few years later. I remember back in 2013-2014 hearing someone remark that the Rams were picking whomever Mike Mayock had rated on his board. They always went with the safe but productive pick, and their record allowed them to stockpile for a little while.

And like both teams, as soon as the new head coach arrived, the drafts started to go downhill. The Rams did a lot more in FA and trades btw than the Niners have done in recent memory. Suh, Fowler, Talib, Peters, Cooks........lots of names there. Goff is probably their last good pick.

So true! People don't think before they talk the Rams totally went all in last year and failed miserably.
Share 49ersWebzone