There are 297 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
They getting desperate.

Poor move.

i just went to their fan forum and wow. just like you said... the common talk is " desperate move that will eliminate us from competing in the nfc west for years. also something about some guy named snisher who is unable to assess quarterbacks!.... oh i also note there is only four pages of talk about this. wow. no matter what city it is, they really have passionless fans in my opinion. if we would have done that move. the server would have shut down by now

haha yeah.

They are trying to sell out games with a new and exciting QB. That always done the trick. I wonder if the owner went over everyone's heads and made them get this done.

They better hope whoever they land with that #1 pick leads them to early success or they are going to struggle. After reading the terms, it is crazy. It is like the next Manning is coming out or something.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 14, 2016 at 10:32 PM ]
haha yeah.

They are trying to sell out games with a new and exciting QB. That always done the trick. I wonder if the owner went over everyone's heads and made them get this done.

They better hope whoever they land with that #1 pick leads them to early success or they are going to struggle. After reading the terms, it is crazy. It is like the next Manning is coming out or something.

They gave up so much to get the pick, it's to the point where even if the QB pans out, it still might not be worth it lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
haha yeah.

They gave up so much to get the pick, it's to the point where even if the QB pans out, it still might not be worth it lol.

haha

Only an Aaron Rogers and Brady type hit could make this trade look good.
haha

Seriously lol. HUGE gamble, maybe the craziest I've seen.
haha

Seriously lol. HUGE gamble, maybe the craziest I've seen.

It's even a bigger gamble because this year's QB prospects aren't even that great
Not even Sofa can answer an honest post after all these years?

Really? You were all into me when you were winning and wanted to banter. Now, nothing?

You all just continue on as if I didn't say anything.
Originally posted by cciowa:
They getting desperate.

Poor move.

i just went to their fan forum and wow. just like you said... the common talk is " desperate move that will eliminate us from competing in the nfc west for years. also something about some guy named snisher who is unable to assess quarterbacks!.... oh i also note there is only four pages of talk about this. wow. no matter what city it is, they really have passionless fans in my opinion. if we would have done that move. the server would have shut down by now

haha yeah.

The terms are way better than it sounds by the media heads.

It's actually not bad "IF" you are gambling.

What do you think the terms are Young2Rice? Please define them as you understand them.
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Apr 15, 2016 at 1:18 AM ]
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:
Not even Sofa can answer an honest post after all these years?

Really? You were all into me when you were winning and wanted to banter. Now, nothing?

You all just continue on as if I didn't say anything.

I'm hoping for a renewed California rivalry of decades past. Glad the Rams are back where they belong
It's really strange the team who raped the skins on the rg3 trade does an even more riskier one. Skins went from 6 to 2. These guys going 15 to 1.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Moving all the way from 15 to 1 I think the Rams made the better deal. I don't even think about them losing this year's first since they are still obtaining this year's 1st #1 overall. Essentially the only things they are losing is both 2nd rounders this year. Next year's 1st and 3rd. That's it.. to move all the way from #15 to 1.

In my eyes they still get to draft at #1 overall and then continue drafting round 3 this year. Next year sure they don't draft round 1 but they draft rounD 2 and pick right back up in round 4 like nothing happened. Far from a kings ransom imo

I guess we are the lone voices on this, but I agree with you. That's assuming they have a QB that they are in love with. If you really think you have your franchise QB in this draft, then its totally worth it.

People act like picks are so valuable, as if every 1st or 2nd round player is just a HOF waiting to get his shot. In reality, their is a very good chance said player will be out of the league in five years.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM ]

haha yeah.

This. Their o-line has been garbage for years and a new QB won't suddenly fix that.

Just ask Sam Bradford.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Moving all the way from 15 to 1 I think the Rams made the better deal. I don't even think about them losing this year's first since they are still obtaining this year's 1st #1 overall. Essentially the only things they are losing is both 2nd rounders this year. Next year's 1st and 3rd. That's it.. to move all the way from #15 to 1.

In my eyes they still get to draft at #1 overall and then continue drafting round 3 this year. Next year sure they don't draft round 1 but they draft rounD 2 and pick right back up in round 4 like nothing happened. Far from a kings ransom imo

I guess we are the lone voices on this, but I agree with you. That's assuming they have a QB that they are in love with. If you really think you have your franchise QB in this draft, then its totally worth it.

People act like picks are so valuable, as if every 1st or 2nd round player is just a HOF waiting to get his shot. In reality, their is a very good chance said player will be out of the league in five years.

I think you're falling into the same logical trap here. People tend to WAY overvalue the #1 pick when very rarely does it work out. Considering that they gave up so much to get it, if it doesn't pan out the Rams will be feeling the effects for years to come. People bag on Baalke's draft record but STL's is easily twice as bad. Now, they have drastically reduced the likelihood of landing guys that can make an impact this year to get a QB that won't help them much (in the short term) anyway.

So yea, unless whoever they take goes on to be the next Tom Brady (not likely) it's not worth it IMO.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I think you're falling into the same logical trap here. People tend to WAY overvalue the #1 pick when very rarely does it work out. Considering that they gave up so much to get it, if it doesn't pan out the Rams will be feeling the effects for years to come. People bag on Baalke's draft record but STL's is easily twice as bad. Now, they have drastically reduced the likelihood of landing guys that can make an impact this year to get a QB that won't help them much (in the short term) anyway.

So yea, unless whoever they take goes on to be the next Tom Brady (not likely) it's not worth it IMO.
The value isn't in the number 1 pick, its in the possibility of getting a franchise QB and I don't think he has to be a HOFer to justify the move. The QB is such an important position, I would say it is worth the pick if said QB could get to a Philip Rivers or Drew Brees status. Basically, you just need a dependable signal caller that can play at a high level when need be.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 15, 2016 at 12:39 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
They screwed themselves and took us down with them.
Just seems like desperation move. GM and Coach need something to happen this year or their jobs are gone.
Share 49ersWebzone