There are 287 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
So true! People don't think before they talk the Rams totally went all in last year and failed miserably.

Absolutely.

It's very possible that ShanaLynch could have copied that same strategy and maybe with some injury luck going our way, perhaps the 49ers could have been a top team last year.

But all of that comes with a price. I'm ok with the slow but surely process......but not too slow of course.......that yields big benefits over the long run. You have to like the trajectory this team is on, and this year will hopefully give us a glimpse of whether this team is a legit contender and if so how long the window will stay open.

It's hindsight surely, but Baalke could/should have went ballistic in FA in 2013 and/or 2014........clearly would have not hurt the 49ers whatsoever like people might have thought it would. With half the team retiring prior to the 2015 season and essentially becoming like the 1996-1998 Browns (non existent), I'd have been just fine with an overpaid shutdown CB or elite WR joining the 49er ranks. Might have been enough to overcome our schematic issues on offense/QB....

So if it ever comes down to that again, I wouldn't be so frightened to go into cap hell. As we've seen, nothing lasts forever..........I am a big believer in Kyle and JG, but nothing is guaranteed either.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Absolutely.

It's very possible that ShanaLynch could have copied that same strategy and maybe with some injury luck going our way, perhaps the 49ers could have been a top team last year.

But all of that comes with a price. I'm ok with the slow but surely process......but not too slow of course.......that yields big benefits over the long run. You have to like the trajectory this team is on, and this year will hopefully give us a glimpse of whether this team is a legit contender and if so how long the window will stay open.

It's hindsight surely, but Baalke could/should have went ballistic in FA in 2013 and/or 2014........clearly would have not hurt the 49ers whatsoever like people might have thought it would. With half the team retiring prior to the 2015 season and essentially becoming like the 1996-1998 Browns (non existent), I'd have been just fine with an overpaid shutdown CB or elite WR joining the 49er ranks. Might have been enough to overcome our schematic issues on offense/QB....

So if it ever comes down to that again, I wouldn't be so frightened to go into cap hell. As we've seen, nothing lasts forever..........I am a big believer in Kyle and JG, but nothing is guaranteed either.

Last year Rams had nine starters acquired through FA or trade while the 49ers had 8. This year the Rams will have 8 while the 49ers will have elevem. At least based on the current depth chart. Next year the Rams and 49ers have about the same salary cap space. So if you say the Rams went all in last year then you certainly must say the 49ers are all in this year.
Tell me ramsfan that's in denial....is the above true or not? I will make it simple for you since obviously it's hard for you to grasp facts and just plain general knowledge. You're a rams fan so I know winning sbs must be new to you so I'll cut you a little slack

Please refute any of the above points I made. I'm waiting.

Rams served up Tom Brady the GOAT his worst SB performance ever. They lost by 10 points. Hardly the worst SB performance ever,
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
The Harbaugh Niners were built on the 2004-2011 drafts, a good # of them strong, and with the exception of 2008 maybe (but Justin Smith and Ahmad Brooks were acquired in free agency from the Bengals, so big time offset), at least one contributor to that era:

2004: Sopoaga (NT), Andy Lee (P)
2005: Smith (QB), Gore (RB), Snyder (OG)
2006: Vernon Davis (TE), Parys Haralson (ER), Delanie Walker (TE)
2007: Willis (ILB), Staley (OT), McDonald (DE), Goldson (FS), Tarrell Brown (CB)
2008: Josh Morgan (WR), Larry Grant (ILB)
2009: Crabtree (WR), Boone (OG), Jean-Francois (DT)
2010: Iupati (OG), Anthony Davis (OT), Bowman (ILB), Brock (CB), Dixon (HB)
2011: Aldon Smith (ER), Kaepernick (QB), Culliver (CB), Hunter (RB), Miller (FB)

You don't build a 13-3 team overnight with a new coach just on FAs, whom ours weren't remarkable looking back in hindsight.

The McVay Rams are like the Niners, just a few years later. I remember back in 2013-2014 hearing someone remark that the Rams were picking whomever Mike Mayock had rated on his board. They always went with the safe but productive pick, and their record allowed them to stockpile for a little while.

And like both teams, as soon as the new head coach arrived, the drafts started to go downhill. The Rams did a lot more in FA and trades btw than the Niners have done in recent memory. Suh, Fowler, Talib, Peters, Cooks........lots of names there. Goff is probably their last good pick.

Last year 49ers had 8 starters via trade or draft while the Rams had 9. This year the Rams have 8 while the 49ers have 11.
Originally posted by ramsfan:
Tell me ramsfan that's in denial....is the above true or not? I will make it simple for you since obviously it's hard for you to grasp facts and just plain general knowledge. You're a rams fan so I know winning sbs must be new to you so I'll cut you a little slack

Please refute any of the above points I made. I'm waiting.

Rams served up Tom Brady the GOAT his worst SB performance ever. They lost by 10 points. Hardly the worst SB performance ever,

Wow, OK! Not once did we say Tom Brady did good against the Rams defense or that the game on the scoreboard was not close. We are referring to how bad your coach your quarterback and your offense in general got embarrassed. Guess that is too much for you to grasp that's OK we understand
LMFAO...

#🗞🐯
  • Mayor
  • Veteran

I don't get it. The Rams did either play the GOAT or Tom Brady. ..
THREE points.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
THREE points.

But but but they only lost by 10 points and Brady, the second goat, looked like 💩!
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 9, 2019 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
THREE points.

But but but they only lost by 10 points and Brady, the second goat, looked like 💩!
Lol. And I like the change to the thread title.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Jul 12, 2019 at 6:29 AM ]

49ers has more free agents than the rams and had 2nd worst record in NFL. Lol. This year they will have 11 FA , far more than the 2018 Rams. SO unless they win SB they are a failure. Just using 49ers fans logic.,
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers has more free agents than the rams and had 2nd worst record in NFL. Lol. This year they will have 11 FA , far more than the 2018 Rams. SO unless they win SB they are a failure. Just using 49ers fans logic.,

Sure, but did you guys have more injuries than the 9ers last season?? Try losing your starting QB and starting RB, I mean you kinda got a taste of that in 2017, you guys could barely score against a 24th ranked defense.

And please stop with getting to the Super Bowl, you and I both know New Orleans was robbed. If only the 9ers could be so lucky.

Lol at least the 9ers managed to score more than 3 points in a Super Bowl to a more ranked defense.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Sure, but did you guys have more injuries than the 9ers last season?? Try losing your starting QB and starting RB, I mean you kinda got a taste of that in 2017, you guys could barely score against a 24th ranked defense.

And please stop with getting to the Super Bowl, you and I both know New Orleans was robbed. If only the 9ers could be so lucky.

Lol at least the 9ers managed to score more than 3 points in a Super Bowl to a more ranked defense.

Bingo! This argument is so pathetic. The Rams had no business whatsoever scoring less than 20 points on that average patriots defense or above average at best. Plus like Kolohe said, the saints should of been in the sb. Come on man!

The Rams choked. Specifically their coach choked their quarterback choked their offense choked. That's common sense if you want to keep arguing about the score differential or how Brady did not do well that's another story. Just admit the Rams choked on offense and most of it has to do with your quarterback and coach. We will be waiting
This thread got funny.

Anyway, just saying hi. Looking forward to the season.

I'll see what's worth responding to, but lotsa nonsense in here.
Looks like a bunch of the usual Niner excuses and future expectations.

And a Rams fan not used to all of you.

I'll wait for the games to begin.

Cheers to all here I like! And why not, cheers to the rest of you too!

See ya soon.
Share 49ersWebzone