LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

RAMS CUT CHRIS LONG, JAMES LAURINAITIS, JARED COOK

Shop 49ers game tickets
Would any of these guys be worth a look from T. Baalke?

I am not sure what the ages of these players are but I do know that they were cut largely due to the cap and not performance.

Your thoughts?
Cook and Laurinaitis would be worth a look IMO.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Feb 19, 2016 at 12:37 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Grab all 3
Laurinaitis and Bowman
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'll call HOWIE and convince him that his son should sign with us!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
SIGN EVERYBODY
Originally posted by jimrat:
Grab all 3

This.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Laurinaitis and Bowman

• FL9er
  • Veteran
They're all washed up.
Laurinaitis has had 109 tackles each of the last two seasons...only 1 sack in 2015. He's 29, so still has some decent years ahead of him. He's used to playing in a 4-3 defense, so switching to ILB might be a bit of an adjustment for him. Cook has a problem hanging on to the football...has the size and all, but that does little good if you can't catch the ball regularly. He had 39 catches for 481 yds, though. If Celek re-signs I'd pass on Cook. Chris Long's only started 11 games the past 2 seasons with 4 sacks. He's been dealing with injuries, so not sure what he'd add at this point.

Long has been injured the last two years, I'd pass. Laurinaitis can still play, Jared Cook is 28 and runs a 4.49 he could fit at TE.
Well Laurnitas is rounding 30, but would probably be the guy i'd take out of the 3.

i like Chris Long, but he's injury prone the last 2 season, and he def wouldn't fit on the line, he's too small for 3-4 DE. maybe OLB?

Jared Cook, on need, i like the group of guys we got. pass on him.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I'll call HOWIE and convince him that his son should sign with us!!!

i would be worth signing Chris so that we see Howie in Niner gear. just to make the raider fans mad.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lauranitas and Long, yes please

Cook is a bum
lauranitas!
Share 49ersWebzone