LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Better Rigged Game?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Better Rigged Game?

Yeah - I don't think the OP seriously believes this was rigged - BUT funny ass post!! Very clever about Paul Allen, lol.
Originally posted by crabman82:
It's amazing how botched calls turn into huge plays a play or two later. I thought cotchery caught that ball. Then the next play boom sack fumble td. This was a 16-10 game with 5 mins left. That 7 was huge. However the sack fumble could have come on the next play even if cotchery was awarded the catch.

Exactly. The sack fumble could still have occurred, but it may not have turned directly into a TD.

The bumbling refs and the NFL HQ directly affected the game at that point.

That said, the Panthers still had an opportunity to come back and win the game and the blew it.

They were just as incompetent the rest of the game as the refs were on that Cotchery catch (or non-catch as it were). SMDH.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Dafuq you talking about lol, what part of that game seemed rigged. The catch call was correct, the ball moved when it touched the ground which in todays game of football is not a catch. The refs were pretty fair on both sides if anything the panthers benefitted from a few false starts not getting called. Those tackles were scared and jumping early allot and only got called a few times.

Although glad with the outcome of the game, there was at no time did that ball touch the ground.

Can someone please post a picture of the ball clearly f**king basically sticking it's leather penis on the turf?
yea i dont see how people cant see it hitting the ground then rotating in his hands. Its clear as day lol
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Dafuq you talking about lol, what part of that game seemed rigged. The catch call was correct, the ball moved when it touched the ground which in todays game of football is not a catch. The refs were pretty fair on both sides if anything the panthers benefitted from a few false starts not getting called. Those tackles were scared and jumping early allot and only got called a few times.

Although glad with the outcome of the game, there was at no time did that ball touch the ground.

Can someone please post a picture of the ball clearly f**king basically sticking it's leather penis on the turf?

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I still don't know what a catch is anymore...
Originally posted by Morgan49:
when the ball hits the ground, no catch. simple

I agree that there are tons of plays where I say I dont know what a catch is or isnt.

But this Cotchery play doesnt fall into that category. That wasnt a catch. Period.
This game wasnt rigged. It was just painfully boring. Both QB's looked terrible.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
It was more of a catch than Martavis Bryant's between the legs somersault was... and that somehow got called for six. His hand was clearly under the ball when he hit the ground belly first.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
when the ball hits the ground, no catch. simple

Right? In that instance it was clear as day… I was baffled that the retired ref, Nance and idiot Simms couldn't see that. If the ball touches the ground and moves at all, even slightly, no catch. It was hilarious to listen to the idiot pundits when the replay kept showing the ball hitting the ground and moving… showing that there was no control making the ball dead when it touches the ground. Had it not moved at all in his hands after after touching the ground it would be called a catch, but since it did… control wasn't established.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Feb 8, 2016 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Ruhl:
It was more of a catch than Martavis Bryant's between the legs somersault was... and that somehow got called for six. His hand was clearly under the ball when he hit the ground belly first.

and then the ball touches the ground and rotates in his hands
I don't believe any SB was ever rigged BUT if there was ever any that were PROVED to be, these would be the 2.

Also, I could imagine Neil Odonnel, on his death bed, confessing: "I was paid $5 million to throw passes directly to Cowboys DB's. I....I'm sorry.... aaaaagh"
[ Edited by LenCat on Feb 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It was obviously rigged. The referees were greasing the football when Carolina was on offense that caused Newton to fumble a couple times and Panther receivers to drop passes that were on target. The passes from Newton that were off target were caused by the side line judge pointing a large fan at the ball when it was in the air.
Share 49ersWebzone