LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Easy w/ the Hate on Cam

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dude just won MVP, he lost a superbowl and was bitter, he's still young, cut him some slack. People love to see him fail, similar to Mayweather. I understand he's cocky, but I don't understand why ppl are so quick to pounce on failure and kick ppl while they're down. Ronda Rousey dealt with backlash as well after her loss, so I dont think its about race, but its more a matter of ppl not liking arrogance, but athletes need to be confident to get to elite levels. I see no problem with Cams personality, he wears his emotions on his sleeves, he expresses himself when hes happy or sad. I just think ppl need to ease with the hate.
He kinda brought it on himself
Getting in the limelight can be sour at times.
Dude made a business decision not to dive for the loose ball. Had that baby body language throughout the 2nd half. Acted like a baby in the post game presser. Your the leagues MVP win with class and lose with it. What a joke.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Nah I am going to enjoy this. Can't wait to see kaep whoop his ass again
Cam is a POS
F*ck that, Cam deserves all of this. If you are gonna be gloating and dancing in the faces of all your opponents you beat and then act like a spoiled brat when things don't go his way… he deserves the hate. This is why people didn't like him, wasn't because of race it was because of immaturity and arrogance.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
F*ck that, Cam deserves all of this. If you are gonna be gloating and dancing in the faces of all your opponents you beat and then act like a spoiled brat when things don't go his way… he deserves the hate. This is why people didn't like him, wasn't because of race it was because of immaturity and arrogance.
this.
Great lesson for kids that look up to him showboat when you win, but pout when you lose and act the @$$
I grew up playing with guys like Cam and actually guys that were worse winners or losers than Cam. I never had a problem with guys being expressive. Problem is most of the viewing public are more into the soap opera story the NFL has created than they are the brute force physical violence mano e mano aspect of the game most of the old heads signed up for. All this posing and grinning for the viewing public and the cup of tea crowd and board room stiffs ain't no concern of mine. Just play this violent game with everything you've got is all I care about. Cam has won everywhere he's been and he lost a game that was simply not winnable for most QBs. Give DEN their credit. We just instituted more rule changes to minimize guys like Cam and maximize the pocket passers opportunities if some of you were paying attention. This is ain't the first time and this is obviously what the viewers want to see. Montana and Young never had it as good as Brady and Manning had it. You can't lay a finger on Manning or Brady nor their ball catchers but you can lay into Cam. This may be humble pie for Cam, but personally I hope he doesn't change a thing.

As to the soap opera thing it sure seems the best "story" has been winning in this league for a couple decades now. Kurt Warner came up from grocery bags, Patriots win after 9/11 and a Tuck rule, The Bus stops in Detroit, Eli vs Tom, Ray's last ride, number 1 DEF vs OFF, Brady is GOAT and now Manning rides off into the sunset. This is what America wants to see so Goodell is gonna give it to them. I don't hate Cam. I just know what to expect from him and as a 39 yo man myself what difference does it make to me if he is expressive? Is he responsible for raising my kids? He ain't a law breaker so why are so many folk so bent out of shape about a ball player? Some of us are old enough to be his father and we are the ones that need to get over it

you are way off imho.

I don't care whether the league is friendly towards pocket passers or not. iirc, Wilson and Kaepernick NEVER complained. instead they lost with class, more or less.
no excuses for cam. for now, he is not just arrogant but a sore loser in my books. perhaps he will grow up once.
He isn't good enough to have 2 threads here.
Share 49ersWebzone