There are 269 users in the forums

Which player from a 49er opponent past or present annoyed you most?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Aikman, Irvin and Sherman for me. It's kind of funny though, as much as Michael Irvin bothered me back in the day I kind of like him as a commentator. I think he seems to be pretty fair and balanced.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Respect every player mentioned previous. Except....

Dick is a top 10 Dick head
Fuk dick
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by CityKing415:
I'm gonna go with a guy who we drafted. Mike Robinson. Ultimate traitor. Anybody remember in 2011 we were playing in Sea on a kick return he blindsided one of our guys and injured him had to be carted off and he celebrated like he had just scored a td or something. He never shows love to the niners on NFLN. Guess he forgot the team who gave him his first shot.
And M Rob too. Wtf happened with him? Seemed like he was a happy camper. Then all of a sudden he's a total 9er hater. You'd think cheaty Pete has a grudge against the 9ers and he makes his players hate ours ?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
DICK SHERMAN!
i still hate that guy! i don't care how mature or soft he's become. i wish nothing but death on him!
ok, maybe not death but bad, bad things on him.
I'm going to leave the Seahawks off this list because they are too many to number, lol (ok fine: Wilson, Sherman, Lynch, Thomas, Chancellor, Wagner -- Jimmy Graham I hated as a Saint as well).

But historically:

NY Giants part 1: tough one here. It really felt like a collective hate......a lot of respect for individual players. I guess Jim Burt, Leonard Marshall for the delicate ways they touched Joe Montana. It's been so long I'm not so sure I could/would have hated LT, Carl Banks, Bavaro.

Dallas Cowboys: Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper, Larry Brown, Darren Woodson, Kevin Smith. Dallas was more of a collective hate too, but obviously these characters brought up anger. I'd say Harper and Larry Brown were the worst POS.

Green Bay Packers: Here's where the hate intensifies for individuals : Brett Lorenzo Favre....couldn't f**kin stand him for reasons mentioned in the OP.....Antonio Freeman, Mark Chmura, a few defensive players I can't come up with names for now (not Reggie White).

NY Giants part 2: Victor Cruz, Eli Manning for their unflappable play against us, then mediocrity against others (Eli esp.....those 5 INTs were too little too late, like a 3 game win blowout win streak to finish a Tomsula season). Defense just found a way to be good against us collectively when they were never great against other teams.

Seattle Seahawks: see above.

Baltimore Ravens: Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Carey Williams, Joseph f**kin Flacco, just a collective of their players minus the two WRs we took from them.

I would say that Favre takes the cake, and here's why:

In 2008, I took much pleasure in seeing the 49ers beat him as a Jet, a team I have no problems with since I moved to NY. To see Favre beaten by the 49ers in any capacity was good.

When we lost to the Vikings on a last second TD throw from him a year later, it hurt then and it still hurts now...........I hate losing to that POS, sexual offender.

Not to mention what BobS said..........he played perfectly against us.

I hate how Favre and Eli elevated to HoF levels against us, and sh*** the bed against other teams. It's not like we didn't have great teams when we played those b*****ds.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Aikman, Irvin and Sherman for me. It's kind of funny though, as much as Michael Irvin bothered me back in the day I kind of like him as a commentator. I think he seems to be pretty fair and balanced.

I agree.

I've come around on Irvin, he's much different as a person now.

Come to think of it, Deion Sanders changed a lot as well and I wasn't too fond of him in his pre/post 49er football career.
Originally posted by Morgan49:
I'm gonna go with a guy who we drafted. Mike Robinson. Ultimate traitor. Anybody remember in 2011 we were playing in Sea on a kick return he blindsided one of our guys and injured him had to be carted off and he celebrated like he had just scored a td or something. He never shows love to the niners on NFLN. Guess he forgot the team who gave him his first shot.
And M Rob too. Wtf happened with him? Seemed like he was a happy camper. Then all of a sudden he's a total 9er hater. You'd think cheaty Pete has a grudge against the 9ers and he makes his players hate ours ?

F' M-Rob.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

F' M-Rob.

What bothers me most about M-Rob is the fashion in which he was let go- if i remember correctly, the FO at the time of allowed him to be traded to the Seachicks! I think i remember some lame quote from Sing to the effect of... "we didn't know what to do with him.." or some lame excuse like that... and he was our best Special teamer at the time.
Not only run the ball, but block, catch and a back-up QB. How versatile can you get?
Past: Favre
Present: Sherman
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

F' M-Rob.

What bothers me most about M-Rob is the fashion in which he was let go- if i remember correctly, the FO at the time of allowed him to be traded to the Seachicks! I think i remember some lame quote from Sing to the effect of... "we didn't know what to do with him.." or some lame excuse like that... and he was our best Special teamer at the time.
Not only run the ball, but block, catch and a back-up QB. How versatile can you get?

Joe Show>Robinson Report

Phil Simms, Dave Meggett, Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Clay Mathews, Kurt Warner, and last but not least Richard f-ing Sherman!

I'd like to give honorable mention to a few coaches as well. Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Gregg Williams and of course Pete Carroll.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

F' M-Rob.

Joe Show>Robinson Report

Ugh... i remember more clearly now.

Answer to the question: Favre!
Favre hands down. Even in the twilight of his career in Minnesota, he stuck a dagger in us Week 3 of 2009 with that game-winning TD. Always was a piece of s**t.

Sherman ranks second.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Favre hands down. Even in the twilight of his career in Minnesota, he stuck a dagger in us Week 3 of 2009 with that game-winning TD. Always was a piece of s**t.

Sherman ranks second.

Dallas never got flummoxed by that team for some reason. Even once we squared up and got the better of Dallas, we never could handle Green Bay like they did.

I remember seeing this play live....it was the epitome of Green Bay ineptitude against Dallas (a little sidetracked from thread, sorry)

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
M. Irvin

Always respected Favre for his toughness.

It's not hard to be "tough" when you're so hopped up on painkillers that you can't feel anything. I called that almost two years before his addiction made the news. Most overrated "superstar" in NFL history.
Share 49ersWebzone