There are 273 users in the forums

Head Coach candidate Hue Jackson (signs with CLE)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kense
  • Veteran
We're not getting Peyton.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Jcool:
What can be said that hasn't already been said

Here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/183434-general-coaching-options/

Here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/184407-jim-tomsula-fired/page50/

Or here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/184389-who-you-want-head-coach-please-vote/

That's on me for these individual coach candidate threads. I thought it'd be a good idea to separate the thoughts on these individual coaches so it's not so cluttered within one thread. Not every candidate should get his own thread, but some are strongly rumored to HC somewhere in 2016. Some are rumored to the 49ers. With individual threads we can participate in the thread of the guy we want to see most, and the thread of the guy we want to see least.

It was a good idea.
Originally posted by Kense:

There's no way we don't
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
There's no way we don't

I don't think so. Might as well focus on Hue Jackson or others.
Hue Jackson would be similar to Harbaugh in that York (or Balke) would not be able to push him around. Jackson is strong.
I think York wants to hire a "yes man", which is what he had with Mike Nolan, Tomasulo etc....
Considering his age, Shannahan would probably be a guy willing to accept a big dollar contract and let York (or Balke) push him around. Hue Jackson has too much pride to do that.

Well I guess that's that.....better just tell them to pack it up because some guy on the internet said so.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
There's no way we don't

I don't think so. Might as well focus on Hue Jackson or others.

Can't focus on hue until after cinci loses...why not focus on Payton?

We are "investigating the idea of Payton"
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 4, 2016 at 5:04 PM ]
If we don't get Payton Hue would be my next choice. He overlapped with Trent in Washington (01-03). He also was Mooch's OC with Cal. Those factors along with what he has done with Dalton would lead me to like this hire quite a bit.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Had no clue Jackson was on Schottenheimer/Spurrier's staff when TB was in the scouting dept. So he has experience working in a dysfunctional environment (Oak, Was, Atl - Mike Vick dogfighting, Petrino nonsense).

• 9moon
  • Veteran
what we need for an HC is someone who will walk into the facility already respected.. if we hire a Hue Jackson, or a Gase, or a young Shanahan, it will take time for the players to adapt or have believe in that person..

the bigger the coach's name we hire, the better it will be for the team, and it the better it will be for the team, the faster we will get back on track.. We are a very talented team who's missing just a FEW pieces.. we bring in someone with no HC experience, and it will be Tomsula all over again..
What took so long for this thread?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Well I guess that's that.....better just tell them to pack it up because some guy on the internet said so.

• dj43
I am not opposed to Jackson. I am more hesitant on him. From various reports I have read, he is a guy that you either love or hate. This roster still needs a teacher, not a "my way or the highway" personality. He is a bright offensive mind but is he the leader this team needs?

He is a middling 2nd place to Payton.
Here's my contribution to this thread:

Share 49ersWebzone