LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Tomsula positives

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jasta:
He looks like a fatter version of the guy in Blade Runner who doesn't know what a tortoise is which I guess is kinda cool. It's funny because it's more than just a physical resemblance.

"You're walking through a desert, you look down and see an offensive line."

"An offensive line? What's that?"

"Know what a defensive line is?"

"Of course."

"Same thing..."
Jed: tell me about your family....

Jimmy: BOOM!!!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
There was an effort to get Kap to pass the ball to the running backs more and you saw that at times. He also plays the younger guys a little more than Harbaugh/Roman/Fangio did. We know more about our rookies in 2015, than we did any other rookies overall in every year besides 2011. Keep in mind this is with limited snaps, so we can't use the team didn't have a need to play them as a excuse.

With that said, he and the staff should still be fired.

That's legit.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He bumps Singletary out as the worst coach this franchise has ever hired.

Yes
I would like to see film of him in the changerooms after a loss, he seems to hit a note with the boys after a win yeah I know after a win
but I would like to see if they hurt during the loss speech that would speak more of if he has the playing group with him.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Well, if there isn't a really good coaching option available in the off season, then we should just leaveTomsula in that role, until we have a guy that we can rally behind. Might as well let Tomsula begin to turn the ship around, and then bring in a HIGH QUALITY coach to put us over the top.

I know this thread was not supposed to get into the negatives but what gives you the impression that Tomsula could "begin to turn the ship around"? Wasn't that what some thought was occurring after the Chicago game, which they would have lost but for Robby Gould's missed 40 yard FG at the end of regulation?

Notwithstanding the fact that many hate Tim Kawakami around here, if you have not already, everyone should give a listen to his TK podcast interview with Matt Maiocco, which was done BEFORE the Browns game. All you need to know about why Tomsula should be fired is in that podcast. In the course of the podcast, MM describes Tomsula as a "delegator." He obviously does not know a lot about offense. According to MM, part of the reason why Gase refused to take Tomsula on as his Defensive Coordinator was because, while Tomsula is a respected DL coach, he does not have a good feel for what is going on in the secondary....so, while more involved with the defense, he also delegates to to Mangini on the defensive side.

All of which means that to be successful Tomsula will always be only so good as his assistant coaches and specifically his coordinators. And, when he got the job and needed to start hiring assistant coaches and coordinators, he needed help from Baalke and ended up hiring from within for his coordinators and looking to his friends from coaching in Europe to fill out his staff, which left the 49ers with coordinators and some assistant coaches that no one else would hire in those positions.

To "turn things around" Tomsula needs the very best assistant coaches and he's shown he does not have the ties and connections to hire those type of assistants. In the same podcast, MM speculates that Steve Logan could succeed Chryst as OC...yes, one year removed from having a radio show in Florida and having no other offers from the NFL until "Jimmy T" called, Logan could be the next OC because either Tomsula does not know who else to hire or, if he does, he can't get them to come here.

And, as if that was not enough, if he is going to be a "delegator"/CEO type of HC, then he needs to be able to motivate and get the team ready to play, while his assistants take care of the personnel, strategy and tactical decisions. The Cleveland game showed there are real questions about his ability to do that, not to mention the questionable game day decisions we've seen from time to time as well.

I would submit that keeping Tomsula to "turn things around" will only result in the 49ers falling further behind in turning this mess around.
He looks like maybe he's lost 5-7 lbs. does that count as positive? JT lookin a little slimmer. Fire his skinny a**!! Like now!
Hey he's a players coach!!!! That's all I got
Originally posted by lbc49er:
Maybe it's "absolutely nothing" as Edwin Starr sang but, really there's gotta be something.

At least the locker room has stayed united...for the most part.

Yeah until kaperdick slapped the wood to Aldons ex lady!!! Off the truck he went!! Straight on a binger!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
He gives Facebook breaks.

As well as twitter breaks so players can tweet philosophical quotes about hard work
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Dec 14, 2015 at 3:56 PM ]

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
As well as twitter breaks so players can tweet philosophical quotes about hard work

Yeah it really shows up on Sunday's!
He's one hell of a gas passer.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by kem99:
I know this thread was not supposed to get into the negatives but what gives you the impression that Tomsula could "begin to turn the ship around"? Wasn't that what some thought was occurring after the Chicago game, which they would have lost but for Robby Gould's missed 40 yard FG at the end of regulation?

Notwithstanding the fact that many hate Tim Kawakami around here, if you have not already, everyone should give a listen to his TK podcast interview with Matt Maiocco, which was done BEFORE the Browns game. All you need to know about why Tomsula should be fired is in that podcast. In the course of the podcast, MM describes Tomsula as a "delegator." He obviously does not know a lot about offense. According to MM, part of the reason why Gase refused to take Tomsula on as his Defensive Coordinator was because, while Tomsula is a respected DL coach, he does not have a good feel for what is going on in the secondary....so, while more involved with the defense, he also delegates to to Mangini on the defensive side.

All of which means that to be successful Tomsula will always be only so good as his assistant coaches and specifically his coordinators. And, when he got the job and needed to start hiring assistant coaches and coordinators, he needed help from Baalke and ended up hiring from within for his coordinators and looking to his friends from coaching in Europe to fill out his staff, which left the 49ers with coordinators and some assistant coaches that no one else would hire in those positions.

To "turn things around" Tomsula needs the very best assistant coaches and he's shown he does not have the ties and connections to hire those type of assistants. In the same podcast, MM speculates that Steve Logan could succeed Chryst as OC...yes, one year removed from having a radio show in Florida and having no other offers from the NFL until "Jimmy T" called, Logan could be the next OC because either Tomsula does not know who else to hire or, if he does, he can't get them to come here.

And, as if that was not enough, if he is going to be a "delegator"/CEO type of HC, then he needs to be able to motivate and get the team ready to play, while his assistants take care of the personnel, strategy and tactical decisions. The Cleveland game showed there are real questions about his ability to do that, not to mention the questionable game day decisions we've seen from time to time as well.

I would submit that keeping Tomsula to "turn things around" will only result in the 49ers falling further behind in turning this mess around.

Great post
Tomsula confirms the theory laid out by Mike Nolan that there "are no geniuses" in football.

(Nolan obviously sick of hearing about Bill Walsh. Too bad, Mr. I'm too stupid to draft Rodgers)
Share 49ersWebzone