LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 358 users in the forums

Calvin Johnson on the move?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wow some people on here are crazy, saying he's old and washed up basically. The guy just turned 30 in September! He's on pace for almost 1400 yards this year on the s**ttiest team in the league with perhaps the worst oline in the NFL. He's easily a top 5 WR still. Id trade for him in a heartbeat if they're not demanding too much.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Wow some people on here are crazy, saying he's old and washed up basically. The guy just turned 30 in September! He's on pace for almost 1400 yards this year on the s**ttiest team in the league with perhaps the worst oline in the NFL. He's easily a top 5 WR still. Id trade for him in a heartbeat if they're not demanding too much.

cant see him being on the lions but doubt anyone wants to take on that contract. I wouldnt trade for him but would be good with signing him after a release

As i mentioned on the previous page, we aren't talking about RB's. 30 is not old for a WR. Especially one in the mold of Johnson.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
As i mentioned on the previous page, we aren't talking about RB's. 30 is not old for a WR. Especially one in the mold of Johnson.

Yeah. A lot of people in this thread don't seem to understand that. Megatron is still very much in his prime.
He'll be a patriot for half off.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Championship.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Yeah. A lot of people in this thread don't seem to understand that. Megatron is still very much in his prime.

Is Megatron in his optimum prime?
Originally posted by Youngone:
I like how that article compares his situation to Randy Moss and then says the best place for him is the place that almost killed Moss' career.

Different situation in Oakland nowadays. If Calvin lands in Oakland then Crabtree will most likely be the odd man out.
I say Colts
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Championship.

If he went to Pats. Megatron and Gronk! That would be something to watch.

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Youngone:
I like how that article compares his situation to Randy Moss and then says the best place for him is the place that almost killed Moss' career.

Different situation in Oakland nowadays. If Calvin lands in Oakland then Crabtree will most likely be the odd man out.

Crabtree is in a one year deal, so he might leave if they get Megatron. But the Raiders use 3 WRs quite a bit, and that would be a great 123 for them
Personally I would definitely do it.

Then draft OL or sign a top OL FA
Correct me if I'm wrong but we wouldn't be on hook for his signing bonus so for Detroit his cap number is 24 million but to his new team it's just the base salary which I think they said is 2 years and 32 million. A lot of money but he's a good player. They would demand the sun for him so for now I have to say no.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 14, 2015 at 7:38 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
So he's contemplating retirement or at least considering it. What happened with the retiring players on the 49ers or in one case semi-retiring wasn't really that unusual. Just the sheer amount that retired at once was unusual but also an anomaly.
Share 49ersWebzone