LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

Calvin Johnson on the move?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Really??? Only wrs I'll give up a 1st for is OBJ, Julio jones, Antonio brown or AJ green. You know the difference between them 4 and Johnson? They're all young and not 30! S**t I might even take Mike Evans over cj right now

I'd definitely take Evans over him. He doesn't get the exposure in TB, but he's a stud.
This would be a disaster signing. We need a QB who can read and throw and then an Oline that can protect. Otherwise, it would be another Torrey Smith signing. Stay away Calvin!!!
With the trade deadline passed, I'm not sure how the Lions could deal him at this point. Rumors are just that...believe nothing 'til there are signed contracts. Rumors after the deadline have even less credibility.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Yea he would have to take a nice pay cut. But I think most teams will look for him to take a nice pay cut. He's just not the same guy he was 2/3 years ago.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
With the trade deadline passed, I'm not sure how the Lions could deal him at this point. Rumors are just that...believe nothing 'til there are signed contracts. Rumors after the deadline have even less credibility.

It's not for this season it would be during the off season. I doubt anyone is gonna give them much considering his massive contract ($24 million cap hit next year)....if he is cut (they'd save $11 million) would he be worth looking at as a FA?

I don't know if he would be and I'm sure some other teams would give up much more then us.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea he would have to take a nice pay cut. But I think most teams will look for him to take a nice pay cut. He's just not the same guy he was 2/3 years ago.

Correct this is all if Detroit were to cut him, he isn't worth anything as far as a trade goes on that current contract.
It would be great to have him for a few years however I wouldn't want it if it puts us in a tough spot CAP wise. This next year we will have the means to load up but it has to be done in a smart manner.
Why are people bringing up his age as if 30 is old for a WR? We are not talking about a RB that has carried the load for a franchise for 8+years.

Many great WR's have been very productive will into their mid/late thirties.

The price is steep, and he likely wont end up in a 49ers uni, But i think many would be amazed what a change of scenery and QB could do for a guy like Johnson.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 13, 2015 at 11:31 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Been hearing some reports of Johnson moving on from Detroit....thoughts in s SF uniform?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/if-calvin-johnson-and-lions-part-ways--megatron-s-best-landing-spot--raiders-044417649.html

No, but 3 years ago yes... even with taking on his salary cap#$$$ + a 1st or second or whatever it took.

It would've been perfect even with kap starring him down from hiking the ball, johnson was fast and physical enough to make a play even if being locked down or covered perfectly
[ Edited by smarter on Nov 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM ]

Originally posted by harryj:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
In a heartbeat...don't know what it would take for the Niners to get him, though. It would be a boatload, no doubt.

apart from OL i dont see many skill position players coming here

i can see him going to panthers (desperate need for WR) ravens patriots maybe colts (they for some reason seem desperate to sound luck with weapons instead of OL and D)

i

Panthers would be sick with him and Brady throwing to him?
Originally posted by smarter:
Been hearing some reports of Johnson moving on from Detroit....thoughts in s SF uniform?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/if-calvin-johnson-and-lions-part-ways--megatron-s-best-landing-spot--raiders-044417649.html

No, but 3 years ago yes... even with taking on his salary cap#$$$ for a 1st or second or whatever it took.

So even if he get's cut and is a FA you wouldn't want to check him out? No one is gonna trade much of anything for that huge salary IMO.
  • Antix
  • Veteran

No, but 3 years ago yes... even with taking on his salary cap#$$$ for a 1st or second or whatever it took.

So even if he get's cut and is a FA you wouldn't want to check him out? No one is gonna trade much of anything for that huge salary IMO.

We can check him all we want..but as a FA theres a 0% chance he comes here. Im assuming hed like to win a championship and/or play with a great qb. We prob aint doing any of those for a while. Plus he's going to demand and hefty salary.

I cant figure why any FA WR would even have SF on their list as possible landing spots. Im pretty sure his goal isnt to become a better blocker.
[ Edited by Antix on Nov 13, 2015 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Antix:

We can check him all we want..but as a FA theres a 0% chance he comes here. Im assuming hed like to win a championship and/or play with a great qb. We prob aint doing any of those for a while. Plus he's going to demand and hefty salary.

I cant figure why any FA WR would even have SF on their list as possible landing spots. Im pretty sure his goal isnt to become a better blocker.

That's all I'm saying is check him out

Boldin has had two back to back 1,000 yards seasons (zero in Baltimore).
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Id be willing to give up kap and a 1st if that's what it took

Terrible, terrible trade.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Id be willing to give up kap and a 1st if that's what it took

Really??? Only wrs I'll give up a 1st for is OBJ, Julio jones, Antonio brown or AJ green. You know the difference between them 4 and Johnson? They're all young and not 30! S**t I might even take Mike Evans over cj right now

Im a huge Calvin fan, lol
Share 49ersWebzone