LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 147 users in the forums

Aldon Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
This man had 34 sacks in his first two years as a 49er and some people act like he was simply "ok"...

I miss this dude and can only imagine how good he would have been.

I wouldn't mind brining him in next year if he's good to go.

I wanted them to take a look at him this year when I heard he was being reinstated, but 49ers weren't interested.
Originally posted by LVJay:
This man had 34 sacks in his first two years as a 49er and some people act like he was simply "ok"...

I wanted them to take a look at him this year when I heard he was being reinstated, but 49ers weren't interested.

I rather have aldon than damn Ford, they definitely should look into him but would he have hard feelings returning?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I rather have aldon than damn Ford, they definitely should look into him but would he have hard feelings returning?

Probably not, he seems like he matured some plus the old regime is gone. Even he knows Jed wasn't running anything.

I don't think anyone on this roster gonna steal his girl (if he got one)...

All day this Aldon >>> Ford
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Aldon should avoid the bay area like the plague if he's truly in recovery.

I agree. I don't think he'd have any real hard feelings. Our former flash in the pan, two bit QB is gone as is the regime who dumped Aldon for said QB.

This locker room now seems more cohesive. I doubt any "face of the franchise"/"locker room leader" type player is attempting to sleep with a teammates girlfriend now.
  • titan
  • Veteran

Probably not, he seems like he matured some plus the old regime is gone. Even he knows Jed wasn't running anything.

I don't think anyone on this roster gonna steal his girl (if he got one)...

All day this Aldon >>> Ford

Any physical body is better than Ford!!! But Aldon all day, bring him home.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
Any physical body is better than Ford!!! But Aldon all day, bring him home.

Bring Aldon and Frank home
For Aldon's sobriety he should probably avoid SF. Seems like it would be easy to fall back into his bad habits.

Man I think that his play was very positively impacted by J Smith.
Originally posted by tulliman:

Man I think that his play was very positively impacted by J Smith.

My bad, Justin was entirely responsible for all if Aldons snaps.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by jcs:

Though helpful, recovery from addiction is not about avoidance of an area. If he has found his peace and established what he needs to stay clean and sober, he can live anywhere. Besides, the Dallas-Ft. Worth area is no haven of purity.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Good to see he finished the year solid.
Originally posted by fropwns:

Though helpful, recovery from addiction is not about avoidance of an area. If he has found his peace and established what he needs to stay clean and sober, he can live anywhere. Besides, the Dallas-Ft. Worth area is no haven of purity.

The big test will be now. He is famous again and how will he handle that?

Yeah no booze, coke or whores in Texas, true.
Share 49ersWebzone