Aldon Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
damn, aldon was a beast as a toddler.

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Every time this thread is bumped, I think Aldon has died. Dude's a mess. Sad.

same
I just wonder if this were the 80's would he have been allowed to keep playing and we would never have known about most of his mistakes??? So freaking sad. Could have been fighting to be one of the best ever now he's just fighting for his life.
[ Edited by IHATELOWELLCOHN on Jul 10, 2019 at 10:46 AM ]
He's an alcoholic and its sad. Hope he's able to get past this one day and doesn't succumb to the bottle.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
damn, aldon was a beast as a toddler.

He was mature for his age.
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
I just wonder if this were the 80's would he have been allowed to keep playing and we would never have known about most of his mistakes??? So freaking sad. Could have been fighting to be one of the best ever now he's just fighting for his life.

I've heard some f**king CRAZY stories from a very prominent former 49er from the '80s.

Eddie D knew how to get rid of the bodies.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:

I've heard some f**king CRAZY stories from a very prominent former 49er from the '80s.

Eddie D knew how to get rid of the bodies.

Yeah, it was called no internet.
  • C-Nut
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by C-Nut:
I'll never forget his rookie year I asked for his autograph and he looked me up and down and laughed then walked away.

he was probably laughing at your user name

Coming from a guy with multiple user names..

Originally posted by cciowa:
I'll never forget his rookie year I asked for his autograph and he looked me up and down and laughed then walked away.

he was probably laughing at your user name

Why would cc need multiple user names? He talks about himself in the third person all the time. Lol

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/30/former-49er-raider-aldon-smith-sober-hoping-for-another-chance-with-nfl-report/amp/

Glazer, an NFL insider for Fox Sports who trains NFL players in mixed martial arts, claims Smith is sober and working out regularly at a West Hollywood gym. Furthermore, Glazer says Smith is working with military veterans.
"Aldon's great because Aldon's been working out with our (veterans) in our MVP program every single Wednesday night," Glazer told TMZ Sports. "Aldon has been sober for a while and he's been helping a lot of our vets with their sobriety."

Glazer's assessment is heartening. But reinstatement is no sure thing. Even if the NFL gives Smith the OK, any team signing him would be taking a leap of faith given all he has been through.

In Smith's favor is his first two seasons with the 49ers during which he was a force of nature, compiling 33.5 sacks, five forced fumbles and 56 quarterback hits. He was First Team All-Pro in his second season. But his inability to stay out of trouble led the 49ers and Raiders to cut ties with him. A potential snag could be Smith's age (30) and the fact he has been out of the league for four years.

All that said, don't understate the appeal of a long-shot comeback story. The more implausible, it says here, the better.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/30/former-49er-raider-aldon-smith-sober-hoping-for-another-chance-with-nfl-report/amp/

Glazer, an NFL insider for Fox Sports who trains NFL players in mixed martial arts, claims Smith is sober and working out regularly at a West Hollywood gym. Furthermore, Glazer says Smith is working with military veterans.
"Aldon's great because Aldon's been working out with our (veterans) in our MVP program every single Wednesday night," Glazer told TMZ Sports. "Aldon has been sober for a while and he's been helping a lot of our vets with their sobriety."

Glazer's assessment is heartening. But reinstatement is no sure thing. Even if the NFL gives Smith the OK, any team signing him would be taking a leap of faith given all he has been through.

In Smith's favor is his first two seasons with the 49ers during which he was a force of nature, compiling 33.5 sacks, five forced fumbles and 56 quarterback hits. He was First Team All-Pro in his second season. But his inability to stay out of trouble led the 49ers and Raiders to cut ties with him. A potential snag could be Smith's age (30) and the fact he has been out of the league for four years.

All that said, don't understate the appeal of a long-shot comeback story. The more implausible, it says here, the better.

Wouldn't that be something? Could Smith make it back in the league before Colin Kaepernick? I'll admit, his chances seem better than CK's right now.
Who?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Making it back to the league or not, it is so great to hear that he is doing well.

Great news!!!
Share 49ersWebzone