LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Non-49er Cuts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Browns cut Pierre Desir. Remember the Niners being connected to him during the pre draft work outs a few years back. Baalke liked his length. (pause)

He looked a lot better than Justin Gilbert as a rookie. Interesting. A lot of these "thr next Richard Sherman" types have flushed out.

They were trying him at safety and it didn't work out. Eric Rowe is being shopped as well, and I expect him to be cut. He played well but will always be remembered for the game against Megatron where he was abused
Only guy intriguing to me so far is Ryan Davis. DE/LB cut by the Jaguars. 10 sacks the past 2 years, was a useful situational player. Couldn't make the conversion to 4-3 OLB. Maybe he can play OLB in a 3-4.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Only guy intriguing to me so far is Ryan Davis. DE/LB cut by the Jaguars. 10 sacks the past 2 years, was a useful situational player. Couldn't make the conversion to 4-3 OLB. Maybe he can play OLB in a 3-4.

Who do you cut at OLB to make room for him? I think it would be a bad look for the team to cut a guy like Rush who has balled out and worked his ass off and replace him with someone elses unwanted player.
So far, nothing special on the waiver wire. Be interesting to see if that changes tomorrow.
I'd like Dexter McCluster please!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Who do you cut at OLB to make room for him? I think it would be a bad look for the team to cut a guy like Rush who has balled out and worked his ass off and replace him with someone elses unwanted player.

Lemonhead

Good point. If we cut Lemonier, it might be possible to get him on the roster. Open the season with Brooks, Harold, Carradine, Rush and Davis. Once Lynch comes back we can decide if we want to keep Rush or Davis. Something like that. I don't expect us to sign him, but might be worth looking into.
Panthers cut 5th Rd pick Sanchez (cb)

Saw a twitter post right after saying they should have got Ronald Blair. Lol
When do teams have to get down to 53..? I'm guessing today and tomorrow a lot of cuts will be made..
1pm today

Manny Lawson got cut lol eh
Bring in hunter and put white on the ps
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Bring in hunter and put white on the ps

Yes on Hunter please
[ Edited by Tman on Sep 3, 2016 at 7:59 AM ]
Aaron Dobson (NE) and Cecil Shorts (HOU) got waived.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Well shorts might be an idea too, had pretty good chemistry with Gabbert in Jax

One thing is for sure though if we don't bring in another vet receiver then the staff must feel good about our young guys
[ Edited by Tman on Sep 3, 2016 at 10:44 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone