LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 439 users in the forums

Philip Rivers, QB (retired)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TyCore:
I actually like Phil Rivers.

He doesn't play scared, and he's kind of unfiltered.

I think he letting us have it on the Game right now
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by TyCore:
I actually like Phil Rivers.

He doesn't play scared, and he's kind of unfiltered.

I think he letting us have it on the Game right now

Is that actually him? Dude is always funny on the air
Just announced. Rivers and the Chargers have mutually agreed to go separate ways.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101608/article/philip-rivers-will-be-free-agent-no-return-to-chargers%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Daround-the-league%253Bteam%253Dlac%253Bconf%253Dafc%253Bdvsn%253Dacw%253Bplyr%253Dphilip_rivers%253Bplyr%253Ddrew_brees%253Bplyr%253Delisha_manning&p.ct=Around%2bthe%2bNFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%2523fff&p.bgc1m=%25230964bf&p.bgc2m=%2523053a74&sr=amp
I am rapidly going off the chargers.
Originally posted by English:

I could see the Colts have interest. Maybe the Titans if Tannehill chases big money.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Feb 10, 2020 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

I could see the Colts have interest. Maybe the Titans if Tannehill chases big money.

I don't see anyone giving him big money.

Colts and Bucs make the most sense to me.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Big money for a 32 year old Tannehill that is just a stop gap QB? No way. If anything they will just draft a QB, it's a deep class this year. He will have a market, maybe even gets a to start, but it will be a 2 year 20-25 mil type contract.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Big money for a 32 year old Tannehill that is just a stop gap QB? No way. If anything they will just draft a QB, it's a deep class this year. He will have a market, maybe even gets a to start, but it will be a 2 year 20-25 mil type contract.

I said chase big money not receive. Meaning he leaves Titans because he thinks he can get more money.

Also let me redefine big money. I'm not talking top 5 money. I'm talking big money relative to his age and situation.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 10, 2020 at 1:57 PM ]

i think arians downfield attack does not suit him very well, at least when looking at all the whobblers and ducks he threw last season.
This literraly played out on my madden franchise a few years back. Manning retired, Brady, Rivers and Brees were Free agents. Back in reality though....... I could see Rivers getting picked up by the Raiders.
I think he goes to ind or Tb. If he wants a chance to win one the colts would be his best choice. He also has to stop throwing pick 6's
Originally posted by elguapo:
I think he goes to ind or Tb. If he wants a chance to win one the colts would be his best choice. He also has to stop throwing pick 6's

He should go to Tampa with Winston there, let each start 8 games and see who throws more picks.
He will probably end up in Tampa Bay or Oakland. Both Arians and Gruden like to work with older quarterbacks.
Share 49ersWebzone