There are 189 users in the forums

Philip Rivers, QB (retired)

Shop 49ers game tickets
How about Jax...better fit than Foles.
  • Jiks
Lol so Lynn is saying Tyrod Taylor may be his replacement?!

Lulz.
This guy really makes sense for zero team
he should retire
which team would pay him top dollars for what he's worth
i would only sign him for 3M to be a backup de luxe
[ Edited by 49Fever on Feb 14, 2020 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
... Maybe the Titans if Tannehill chases big money.

Whether or not Tannehill chases the big payday, or agrees to whatever terms the Titans offer, remains to be seen.
What would totally shock me, would be Tennessee signing Rivers. I just can't see Vrabel going in that directions,
by signing a QB the likes of Rivers, at this stage of the team's development.

From what I've heard (during interviews), and seen of him -- since he's taken over that team -- would go against the direction
he's stated he has for them. Rivers' play has greatly diminished over the past two seasons, and though I exaggerate here, he's
served-up more INT's in that period, then McDonald's does hamburgers, during a lunch-time rush.
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 14, 2020 at 5:16 PM ]
I think he's gonna retire. I personally have a hard time seeing teams giving him a chance to start. Maybe a team like that Bengals that want to start him for a year while the rookie QB sits.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jiks:
Lol so Lynn is saying Tyrod Taylor may be his replacement?!

Lulz.

I don't think Lynn is going to give their off-season plans away right now. If they draft a QB, I assume Taylor is in the mix to start. If they are turning to FA or trying to trade for a QB they won't make it public.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
… Maybe a team like that Bengals that want to start him for a year while the rookie QB sits.

This is a scenario which I could see a team bringing him in … but you never know.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
… Maybe a team like that Bengals that want to start him for a year while the rookie QB sits.

This is a scenario which I could see a team bringing him in … but you never know.

HE goin back home... CAROLINA !!
Agree w/Evil...Lynn's saying Tyrod Taylor may well be his starting QB, but that's just a smoke screen so other teams drafting near his think he's not interested in taking a QB. I think Herbert would be a great fit for the Chargers...with Taylor, JH could learn the offense and not have to start right away. That said, Herbert could beat Taylor out for the starting job. He's really good.

Wildly underachieving hot head. Buh bye.
Seent his car driving around the bay earlier

• FL9er
  • Veteran
He should probably retire, but he's got a whole village to feed....
Originally posted by FL9er:
He should probably retire, but he's got a whole village to feed....

he needs that nfl revenue...
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Going to be a Colt?
Share 49ersWebzone