LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by 9moon:
While Irvin falls under GREAT by all means, you can't compare him or put his name besides TO when TO is the only WR that's even being compared to Randy Moss... and even with Randy being all that, no WR #s are closer to Jerri Rice's than TO...

Irvin lost about 3 seasons worth of numbers due to early retirement because of that neck injury. I could be off but I also don't know if he got the number of targets in the Cowboys coryell offense as a Z gets in WCO. Despite that he put up some ridiculous (100 catch 1500 yd) seasons in Norv's and Ernie Zampeses offense.

but he also got to play with a HOF QB and a HOF Running back.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
While Irvin falls under GREAT by all means, you can't compare him or put his name besides TO when TO is the only WR that's even being compared to Randy Moss... and even with Randy being all that, no WR #s are closer to Jerri Rice's than TO...

Irvin lost about 3 seasons worth of numbers due to early retirement because of that neck injury. I could be off but I also don't know if he got the number of targets in the Cowboys coryell offense as a Z gets in WCO. Despite that he put up some ridiculous (100 catch 1500 yd) seasons in Norv's and Ernie Zampeses offense.

I looked it up their career averages are real close:

TO - 4.9 rec per game 72.8 yds per
Irvin - 4.7 rec per 74.9 yds per

I think it's a pretty good argument. I guess I'd take TO in the regular season but even though I can't stand him I'm taking Irvin in the playoffs.

I looked it up their career averages are real close:

TO - 4.9 rec per game 72.8 yds per
Irvin - 4.7 rec per 74.9 yds per

I think it's a pretty good argument. I guess I'd take TO in the regular season but even though I can't stand him I'm taking Irvin in the playoffs.
TO can catch short and then take it to the house

Irvin needs a deep pass to take it to the house
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I hate being put in the position of sticking up for Irvin Each WR was just asked to do different things. Coryell offenses place a higher emphasis on Deep Ins and Comebacks. However, I'm pretty sure Irvin would have functioned just fine in a WCO. Their career aves show they are pretty close to each other. TO was bigger and faster, but I think Irvin had better hands and proved to be a more clutch player.

I hate being put in the position of sticking up for Irvin Each WR was just asked to do different things. Coryell offenses place a higher emphasis on Deep Ins and Comebacks. However, I'm pretty sure Irvin would have functioned just fine in a WCO. Their career aves show they are pretty close to each other. TO was bigger and faster, but I think Irvin had better hands and proved to be a more clutch player.
all i can remember is Irvin being a possession WR, with harper being the faster WR
My favorite player of all time! 2nd best receiver to lace em of all time!
His numbers speak for themselves. He should be first ballot. Compared to the kids today he as a cakewalk off the field lol

I wonder what kinda numbers Rice would've put up if could've played with a HOF QB....
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Niners99:
It seems that some of you werent paying close attention in 2003, or werent fans yet. Owens spit directly into the face of the 49ers' franchise on his way out the door. He was a total A-Hole that threw a tantrum to get traded after his agent screwed up the free agency paperwork. The Ravens offered us a better pick, but he refused to go there, and told us we had to trade him to Philly.

Bill Walsh told Owens he needed to work on dropping less passes, and Owens said Walsh doesnt know what hes talking about.

Theres a reason we gave number 81 away the very next year after the 2nd best WR in 49ers history departed.

Owens burned his bridges big time. He blatantly insulted the 49ers, and Bill Walsh.

Screw that guy. You guys with your fond memories are forgetting the whole story.

I'm with this, I hated T.O. towards the end, he was a cancer, and needed to be gone, glad he was never brought back, he isn't a HOF'er or a 49er HOF'er IMO, screw him, he threw everyone under the bus.

You are Nucking Futs.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
It seems that some of you werent paying close attention in 2003, or werent fans yet. Owens spit directly into the face of the 49ers' franchise on his way out the door. He was a total A-Hole that threw a tantrum to get traded after his agent screwed up the free agency paperwork. The Ravens offered us a better pick, but he refused to go there, and told us we had to trade him to Philly.

Bill Walsh told Owens he needed to work on dropping less passes, and Owens said Walsh doesnt know what hes talking about.

Theres a reason we gave number 81 away the very next year after the 2nd best WR in 49ers history departed.

Owens burned his bridges big time. He blatantly insulted the 49ers, and Bill Walsh.

Screw that guy. You guys with your fond memories are forgetting the whole story.

I'm with this, I hated T.O. towards the end, he was a cancer, and needed to be gone, glad he was never brought back, he isn't a HOF'er or a 49er HOF'er IMO, screw him, he threw everyone under the bus.

You are Nucking Futs.
TO is solely responsible for the Dark Ages of the 2k Era

I grew up watching T.O. As much as I loved him there was a better receiver I admired. #84 Randy Moss! He will forever be the greatest receiver in my eyes and I'm pissed he couldn't get his ring with the 49ers! Along with Gore, Willis Etc. Shout out to T.O. for making the td celebrations entertaining.
Fuq TO. SOB could have been one of the best 49ers ever, but it was all about TO all the time. Selfishness tarnishes his legacy.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

You are Nucking Futs.
TO is solely responsible for the Dark Ages of the 2k Era

Are you serious??? He was the best player on our team!
Originally posted by WINiner:
Fuq TO. SOB could have been one of the best 49ers ever, but it was all about TO all the time. Selfishness tarnishes his legacy.

He is one of the best 49ers ever. Selfishness just prevented him from being more loved. Kobe is selfish, does that take away from his greatness? Granted, he has 5 rings, but football isint like basketball. You can't win a championship with one or two great players.
Originally posted by plummerfan:
I grew up watching T.O. As much as I loved him there was a better receiver I admired. #84 Randy Moss! He will forever be the greatest receiver in my eyes and I'm pissed he couldn't get his ring with the 49ers! Along with Gore, Willis Etc. Shout out to T.O. for making the td celebrations entertaining.

Imagine if moss played with Montana and Rice, how great would his numbers have been?? I make an argument for Moss as the greatest wr ever because had you swapped him and rice's situations, their numbers would have turned out much different. It's ridiculous what moss was able to do with such mediocre QBs
Share 49ersWebzone