Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KamLeon:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Announcing the 3rd round pick eh?

Won't watch. Needs to announce one of the other 31 teams that he bounced around to.

"If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck"......F-TO!!

you are not going to watch us to see who we draft in a very important position cuz you hate owens? people think i am nuts around here
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by English:
Bro - from your posts on the Zone you are amazed or upset or astounded at others' opinions an awful lot. Like many, many times each day. Don't let it get to you, man. Others are allowed to have their opinions, right or wrong, and there is really no amount of arguing or ranting or hyperbole that can change that. At least that's what I've learned. YMMV.

You still as cool as ever, 94!
lol. Thanks, E (G). SWH brings a lot to the table, though I don't always agree with him and rarely agree with the tone of his posts, and it bums me out that he seems to get so upset so often. My post was meant to be sincere and I hope it is taken that way.

Party on, WZ!

For the record, I do appreciate your words here.

I wouldnt say other peoples posts upset me. If thats how you are perceiving my replies, I will definitely try to work on presenting them in a different way. I understand people have opinions that will be different than mine. That isnt my issue. My issue is when people change stories or misrepresent facts to fit their opinions. That is when the "blows my mind" type posts come out.

Will work on my tone. TY.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Bro - from your posts on the Zone you are amazed or upset or astounded at others' opinions an awful lot. Like many, many times each day. Don't let it get to you, man. Others are allowed to have their opinions, right or wrong, and there is really no amount of arguing or ranting or hyperbole that can change that. At least that's what I've learned. YMMV.

lol. Thanks, E (G). SWH brings a lot to the table, though I don't always agree with him and rarely agree with the tone of his posts, and it bums me out that he seems to get so upset so often. My post was meant to be sincere and I hope it is taken that way.

Party on, WZ!

I wouldnt say other peoples posts upset me. If thats how you are perceiving my replies, I will definitely try to work on presenting them in a different way. I understand people have opinions that will be different than mine. That isnt my issue. My issue is when people change stories or misrepresent facts to fit their opinions. That is when the "blows my mind" type posts come out.

Party on, WZ!

Well it's more that anytime someone comments about TO in a negative way, on things that are quite frankly well documented, you get all indignant and start telling everyone they are essentially full of s**t and it's all revisionist history. But everyone is entitled to their opinion SWH and I agree you bring a lot to the table
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 5, 2019 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
He wants to be relevant. That's it. Media whore. It got him in the news to bash the Niners. Now he's cool with the Niners cause it's news he's announcing a pick.

This is ridiculous. So what do you think happened? TO is desperate for attention so he called the Niners and asked to represent them at the draft and the Niners said ok? Really? Thats how you think it went down? You dont think it has anything to do with the fact that the 49ers are inducting him into the 49ers Hall of Fame this year and asked him if he wanted to do it?

Just amazes me the length people will go to show their TO hatred. Making up stories and presenting them as facts, revisionist history, etc. Just crazy.

Of course Niners called him. When have the Niners said they didn't wasnt him around? He's the one pathetic enough to accept from a team he dont want to represent.

He's a sad human with talent.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Y'all petty af. say what you want about his character, but to deny him as a part of 49ers history when he was carrying the team to 10+ wins in the early 2000's is immature as hell

Originally posted by cciowa:
you are not going to watch us to see who we draft in a very important position cuz you hate owens? people think i am nuts around here

Petty? Naaaaaaaaaww, just can't stand a dude that I loved for years, (even before anyone even knew him) and supported endlessly, to only see him project hate towards all Niner fans when he felt the desire to run to the closest camera as quickly as possible and scream "how you like me now San Fran", after scoring his first TD in Philly, like it was the fans fault he had issues with ownership.

I will admit, there was quite the satisfaction seeing him throw McNabb under the bus too, even though it wasn't to the degree of publicity calling him a homosexual like he did with Jeff Garcia.

Yeah, I'll watch, but it will only make me remember what an idiot Owens made of himself during his career taking it all the way to the day of his HOF induction. Dude never got it and still doesn't.
[ Edited by KamLeon on Apr 8, 2019 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by KamLeon:
Y'all petty af. say what you want about his character, but to deny him as a part of 49ers history when he was carrying the team to 10+ wins in the early 2000's is immature as hell

Petty? Naaaaaaaaaww, just can't stand a dude that I loved for years, (even before anyone even knew him) and supported endlessly, to only see him project hate towards all Niner fans when he felt the desire to run to the closest camera as quickly as possible and scream "how you like me now San Fran", after scoring his first TD in Philly, like it was the fans fault he had issues with ownership.

I will admit, there was quite the satisfaction seeing him throw McNabb under the bus too, even though it wasn't to the degree of publicity calling him a homosexual like he did with Jeff Garcia.

Yeah, I'll watch, but it will only make me remember what an idiot Owens made of himself during his career taking it all the way to the day of his HOF induction. Dude never got it and still doesn't.

TO never wanted to leave The bay area he's on record saying so, he threw a huge going away party in the city after it was clear he wouldn't be coming back. TO loved the fans, his beef was with the people inside the 49ers organization.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Apr 9, 2019 at 8:53 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
TO never wanted to leave The bay area he's on record saying so, he threw a huge going away party in the city after it was clear he wouldn't be coming back. TO loved the fans, his beef was with the people inside the 49ers organization.

and impotent mooch
TO is that great player on a crappy team like Mitch Richmond or Steve Largent or Barry Sanders or ...wait...

all those guys had class. TO was a greater player and a b***h on a crappy team.
Originally posted by Joecool:
TO is that great player on a crappy team like Mitch Richmond or Steve Largent or Barry Sanders or ...wait...

all those guys had class. TO was a greater player and a b***h on a crappy team.

49ers career: 5 of 8 seasons with at least 10 wins. Team won 60% of the games he was here.

Eagles career: 13 win team his first year. 19-13 total record with trip to the Superbowl.

Cowboys career: Three years above .500 with a 13 win team included. 31-17 record

How do you see this as a Barry Sanders situation? TO was a great player that helped his team win far more often than not. You are hating just to hate.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
as good as IF not better than Jerry Rice...

had he been playing w/the leaders that Jerry had, TO would have been THE GOAT !!
Originally posted by 9moon:

had he been playing w/the leaders that Jerry had, TO would have been THE GOAT !!

Ok.. this thread just jumped the shark. No one is better than Jerry. TO was good but he only has his own 2 year old mentality to blame for being a distant 3rd in greatest WR talks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

come on man. jerry was great no matter who he played with.

come on man. jerry was great no matter who he played with.

Biggest TO fan around, and even I find that statement to be ridiculous.

I do believe that if TO was playing with Joe and the stable of veterans that Jerry did, his attitude might have been different. But as far as his play on the field, I dont believe that he would have been the GOAT if he played with all the leaders Jerry did.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Biggest TO fan around, and even I find that statement to be ridiculous.

I do believe that if TO was playing with Joe and the stable of veterans that Jerry did, his attitude might have been different. But as far as his play on the field, I dont believe that he would have been the GOAT if he played with all the leaders Jerry did.

or if he had a coach he could respect,. i did not care for owens and his attitude the last couple of years he was here but once mooch crawled into a fetal position vs tampa bay. i can see why owens had no respect for him. i actually never heard he had any issues with his teamates like stokes and streets or even dennis e. just garcia for whatever reason
Share 49ersWebzone