LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Well, at least he can always say he did it his own way. One of my fav receivers to watch, but I was always a bigger Moss fan. Glad they're both in.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
What exactly did he do during his tenure as a 49er that rubbed people the wrong way to the point they were relieved to see an all time great player leave?

Lol.....I sit there and talk about what a great player he was and how much I enjoyed watching him, and you are still trying to argue. You are right. It's all everyone else's fault other than TO and he never rubbed people the wrong way in every stop along the way. I would bring up the countless times he threw teammates and coaches under the bus, but I already know your response on that sooo. Could talk about his sullen, whiny, woe is me attitude, but I'm sure you'll disputes that as well. Could talk about the time after the playoff game in GB when he pitched a fit in the locker room, whining to his agent to get him out of SF because he didn't get the ball enough, to the point where a few OL threatened to kick his ass if he didn't shut up, but something tells me you'll have a bone to pick about that as well. So there really is no need to rehash things. You look at it one way and I look at it another. I think his history and past actions speak for themselves, as do many others. You do not.

And so I don't have to respond to your other post separately, you said "You do go in as an individual. Its just another way that fans are hating on him by saying he wont go in as a Niner".....TO himself said he would never go in as a niner....so it's a moot point if you go in individually, because that is what pissed people off...his petty little comment about never going in as a Niner. But I'm sure that was just another case of someone distorting his words. Most misunderstood, perpetually tormented athlete ever.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Aug 6, 2018 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Most misunderstood, perpetually tormented athlete ever.

Agreed. Have a nice night, sir.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Watched a 20 minute highlight video of him this weekend. I had forgotten how insanely good he was and how much fun he was to watch as a Niner. He's got issues but I'm glad he's in the HoF. Well deserved.

You are not alone sir. I get the feeling an overwhelming majority of football fans have forgotten or have chosen to ignore it. Probably the latter, but the former applies too.

I always, in my mind, had him at #2 but I watched the same thing and having not watched him on the field in a while, I was blown away by forgetting how truly incredible he was. You don't see that combination of size speed power and, despite some drops, he also made some incredibly tough catches.

He could also take those end arounds or— in the game against Washington, a broken WR pass attempt—and make the entire field miss him. Nose for the end zone too. He always finished the play.

Glad to see him in. Him young rice and gore were always just spectacular to watch post 80s dynasty run
Whooo hooo! I got a private mssg from the nutbag!!

Subject:Idiot
Date:Jul 13, 2018 at 6:19 PM
To:LenCat
Owens was one of the LEAST a$$holish players in NFL history.

https://owensdefense.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/what-a-horrible-teammate111/

You should be worshiping the ground he walks on for him carrying those early 00s 49ers teams to the playoffs. But instead, like numerous moronic 49er fans, you regurgitate the idiotic media narratives like the lemming you are.
Originally posted by LenCat:
Whooo hooo! I got a private mssg from the nutbag!!

Subject:Idiot
Date:Jul 13, 2018 at 6:19 PM
To:LenCat
Owens was one of the LEAST a$$holish players in NFL history.

https://owensdefense.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/what-a-horrible-teammate111/

You should be worshiping the ground he walks on for him carrying those early 00s 49ers teams to the playoffs. But instead, like numerous moronic 49er fans, you regurgitate the idiotic media narratives like the lemming you are.

I got one too. Let's just ignore him. No point in engaging with the special kid. He's got enough problems to deal with.
got the fells for a lil bit.

good for him. Now we need to stop living in the past.

#2 or 3 receiver all time

#1 douche bag

And it's not close
Lock this thread. TO is officially irrelevant now.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Lock this thread. TO is officially irrelevant now.

he's a HOF. that's as relevant as you can be in football lol.

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
#2 or 3 receiver all time

#1 douche bag

And it's not close

Not close huh?

Bigger douchebag than all the guys who beat the crap out of their wives? Ray Rice? Greg Hardy? Etc?

Bigger douchebag than Tiki Barber, who was cheating on his pregnant wife and stashing his mistress in his agent's attic?

Bigger douchebag than Eli Manning, who sold a ton of random Giants gear and claimed they were game worn things so he could rip people off for more money?

Bigger douchebag than Ray Lewis, who by all accounts murdered or helped murder someone?

Bottom line, you can dislike him all you want. But to say he is #1 and its not even close is not based in reality.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/118365-terrell-owens-receive-hall-fame-during-49ers-raiders/
TO: I don't want to go to the Hall of Fame as a 49er.
HoF: That's fine. HoF induction isn't linked to team.
TO: I don't like the way the selection is done for HoF and I will not attend, instead, I'll set up my own ceremony.
HoF: That's fine. You can pick up your ring at the 49er game in their stadium.

[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 5, 2018 at 1:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
All this talk of TO saying he doesn't want to go to the hall as a Niner. I thought you go as an individual not as a player of a team.

Arguably one of the top 10 WRs to ever play the game. He was THAT good. His being an Arse doesn't diminish how great a player he was.

You do go in as an individual. Its just another way that fans are hating on him by saying he wont go in as a Niner.

And calling TO "arguably top 10" is underselling him by a ton. In reality he is #2, but should be no lower than #3 on anyone's list.

I did undersell him, but it was simply to make a point. No one can argue that he doesn't belong based on talent. Being one of the top 10 to ever do it is quite a feat. That said, I'd argue that he's either 3rd or 4th (I have seen him ranked as low as 6th by pundits). I think Larry Fitz is better and would rank him 2nd. I think Moss was more talented (To be fair, I think Moss is the most talented WR I've ever seen play) he just wasn't driven to the same level as these 3.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 5, 2018 at 1:00 PM ]
All this talk of TO saying he doesn't want to go to the hall as a Niner. I thought you go as an individual not as a player of a team.

Arguably one of the top 10 WRs to ever play the game. He was THAT good. His being an Arse doesn't diminish how great a player he was.

You do go in as an individual. Its just another way that fans are hating on him by saying he wont go in as a Niner.

And calling TO "arguably top 10" is underselling him by a ton. In reality he is #2, but should be no lower than #3 on anyone's list.

I did undersell him, but it was simply to make a point. No one can argue that he doesn't belong based on talent. Being one of the top 10 to ever do it is quite a feat. That said, I'd argue that he's either 3rd or 4th (I have seen him ranked as low as 6th by pundits). I think Larry Fitz is better and would rank him 2nd. I think Moss was more talented (To be fair, I think Moss is the most talented WR I've ever seen play) he just wasn't driven to the same level as these 3.

This is fair. And I am a huge fan of Larry Fitz. I probably have him up in the top 4 or so as well. I love what you wrote about Moss. I agree wholeheartedly.
Share 49ersWebzone