LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by walshjr1978:
A.davis would be a pro-bowl caliber player, if he was playing RG which looks like his better position, he struggles to much in pass protection.

IMO, he just gets fat. He has good feet, which are easily fast enough to protect the edge. He tends to lose focus or get sloppy technique at times during games. I've always supsected it's because of his apparently less-than-ideal conditioning. Could just be Avril-induced ADD.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Barring health AD is a pro bowl right tackle. He is one of the nastiest players in the league an just 25 years old. He will be s miner for a long long time, no way a 7th round pick takes his spot

Remember Boone... people dog him but is still a great guard... he was a project but does. Well what he was taught. Im hope Brown is gem found in the later round

Boone was a first or second round talent that went undrafted because of character concerns.

Agree.

Had a VERY serious alcohol problem.

I have been a big supporter of his and I think he'll be moving on after this season.
Interesting article on Davis.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/5/31/8693497/49ers-roster-breakdowns-2015-anthony-davis-90-in-90
I would rather move Boone out to RT
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Davis will never be a "drink the kool-aid" kind of dude. He does his own thing; thinks his own thoughts. Hes not your tipical football dude.

You'd never see him dying in WW1 trench because his commanding officer told him it was his duty.
With him, the well being of anthony comes first...and second, and third.
Hes a challenge to an old-school coach like tomsula or rathman.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Agree. Davis doesn't have an attitude issue at all in my opinion. He said things like they were last season, that Roman sucked. His injury had A LOT to do with how awful our OL was. Replacing him with a rookie would be an enormous mistake. He's still extremely young and if healthy, he is one of the better RT's in the league.

It also helps to keep in mind that Davis had to make an adjustment to a man blocking scheme in the NFL, he played in a pure zone blocking scheme in college, if anything, we might see him perform at even a higher level this season if he's healthy.

Posted right after the 2010 draft.

I understand why the 49ers wanted Anthony Davis in terms of talent and need on their line. Despite his size, he doesn't really fit the bill if you're looking for a road grading tackle. He absolutely has left tackle feet and quickness, and even though San Francisco has Joe Staley, it's still hard to fathom Anthony not settling in on that side eventually. Rutgers runs a zone blocking scheme that requires a lot in terms of athleticism and reading defenses. I remember those lines that Mike Solari had in Kansas City, so it's easy to envision Davis filling out and adding some more power. Still think that the 49ers went for the best combination of need and position though, and Mike Iupati is the guy they're adding specifically to open holes for Frank Gore, not Davis.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/4/27/1446478/49ers-ot-anthony-davis-as-seen
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 31, 2015 at 5:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Agree. Davis doesn't have an attitude issue at all in my opinion. He said things like they were last season, that Roman sucked. His injury had A LOT to do with how awful our OL was. Replacing him with a rookie would be an enormous mistake. He's still extremely young and if healthy, he is one of the better RT's in the league.

It also helps to keep in mind that Davis had to make an adjustment to a man blocking scheme in the NFL, he played in a pure zone blocking scheme in college, if anything, we might see him perform at even a higher level this season if he's healthy.

Posted right after the 2010 draft.

I understand why the 49ers wanted Anthony Davis in terms of talent and need on their line. Despite his size, he doesn't really fit the bill if you're looking for a road grading tackle. He absolutely has left tackle feet and quickness, and even though San Francisco has Joe Staley, it's still hard to fathom Anthony not settling in on that side eventually. Rutgers runs a zone blocking scheme that requires a lot in terms of athleticism and reading defenses. I remember those lines that Mike Solari had in Kansas City, so it's easy to envision Davis filling out and adding some more power. Still think that the 49ers went for the best combination of need and position though, and Mike Iupati is the guy they're adding specifically to open holes for Frank Gore, not Davis.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/4/27/1446478/49ers-ot-anthony-davis-as-seen

Excellent read and find. Mike Solari

Time to get back to ZBS. Get your ass in shape Mr. Davis.
The Seahawks plug in guys from the street seemingly every week. If Brown were cut and the Hawks picked him up guaranteed he would be starting the following week.
Trent Brown is intriguing, but let's be real here....all we know is that he's looked good in a t-shirt and shorts. They haven't even put on pads yet, or simulated anything close to a real game. WAY too early to talk about him supplanting AD.

And in regards to AD, I have no idea why fans are so down on him. He's a very good player. His problem last year was health, not ability. When he plays the positive impact on the o-line is very obvious, especially in the run-game.
If AD can stay away from the doughnuts, he is a top RT in the NFL. Unfortunately, it looks like while he was injured, he didn't. Lucky for him, Brown has the same problem.

AD is our second best lineman next to Staley
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
AD is our second best lineman next to Staley

Agreed
WTF? AD is a beast at right tackle
Originally posted by English:
I want a great O line. Don't care who is in it. But I suspect a Pro Bowler might just be able to beat out a rookie 7th round pick.

My thoughts as well, Put the the best 5 out on the field. something tells me AD is gonna be in that equation though.
He was a really good player in college. I think he'll stick, but I've said that already. He's not going to start over AD though. If he gets in really great shape he could be a fantastic player. He was a dominant run blocker (just destroyed people) last year and very good in pass protection as well. But he also could barely play half the snaps because he was out of shape.

We need to whip him into shape. He could be a massive steal.
Share 49ersWebzone