There are 165 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerGM:
And now we don't have a center. Doh.

And still need to make a decision on Person soon.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
He's 6'8" 360 but nice try. Their other T is 6'6" 340. It's such a lazy, weak argument. Both T's are incredibly hindered en route to the Superbowl. LOL

Scheme-fit is legit and an important point.

Kyle wants exclusive outside zone. BB and the best OL coach in the game, took their huge T's and smaller interior OL and morphed in concepts of IZ, OZ, power, gap, etc. and ran over the best pass rushers in the game. 0 sacks in the playoffs.

Kyle was unwilling to adapt to his personnel that way except for big Tomlinson and Garnett's fat ass (neither of which have an ounce of talent Brown has).

Kyle got the OL he wanted this year and we improved 15 yards a game, gave up 124 QB hits, lost a ton of yards on stretch runs, couldn't run inside the RZ or short yardage, went through 3 QB's, etc.

But yeah...scheme fit.

And now we don't have a center. Doh.

And it was that center, with what is now revealed to be a significant leg injury that was at the heart of much of the pressure for most of the season. It was not the tackles that caused all those hits. It was the lack of chemistry and health in the interior that was the issue, not Kyle's stubbornness about his system.
How does the GOAT not have any pro bowls or all pros under his very large belt? Baffling
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
How does the GOAT not have any pro bowls or all pros under his very large belt? Baffling

East Coast bias. If they win another Superbowl, he'll be a HOF. Book it. Ha
Originally posted by jcs:
and his big butt will be playing elsewhere next yr unless he wants to play for free in NE lol.
Originally posted by Ernst82:
Are some of us really whining about this still? Brown was a great pass blocker but also only had one full season under his belt, serious health concerns and was a horrible fit for our offense.

McG is going to anchor our line for the next 10 years just like Staley has done for years. He is everything Brown wasn't. A team leader, hard worker and perfect fit for our scheme. He finished this year as the #2 tackle in the NFL for run blocking AS A ROOKIE! Of course he wasn't great as a pass blocker but he did have to face an insane bunch of pass rushers this year and has steadily gotten better.

I can only imagine the fits thrown around here had we kept him and signed him to the huge contract he is about to get. Does anyone honestly think that Brown can stay healthy and productive at close 400lbs for a long time? Maybe he can but I doubt it could even be possible in our offense.

He's 6'8" 360 but nice try. Their other T is 6'6" 340. It's such a lazy, weak argument. Both T's are incredibly hindered en route to the Superbowl. LOL

Kyle wants exclusive outside zone. BB and the best OL coach in the game, took their huge T's and smaller interior OL and morphed in concepts of IZ, OZ, power, gap, etc. and ran over the best pass rushers in the game. 0 sacks in the playoffs.

Kyle was unwilling to adapt to his personnel that way except for big Tomlinson and Garnett's fat ass (neither of which have an ounce of talent Brown has).

Kyle got the OL he wanted this year and we improved 15 yards a game, gave up 124 QB hits, lost a ton of yards on stretch runs, couldn't run inside the RZ or short yardage, went through 3 QB's, etc.

But yeah...scheme fit.

Kyle wasn't brought in to change his system to fit a 380LB OT that butt heads with the coaching staff. Kid was never gonna get paid here, hell he might not have wanted to stay in SF as a FA anyway. At some point you gotta be accountable and he wouldn't play hurt (when other players with the same injury did) and he showed up fat as hell being of the new season. I watched what he did via Instagram video his whole off season and it was FAR from trying to get better at being a football player.

Great for BB he get's a one yr rental at LT and SF got some value for a kid that wasn't gonna be on the team past this yr. No one doubted Brown as a PP but as a OZB he simply couldn't do it. period. You're not gonna pay him top 5 tackle money if you can't run the offense properly. I wish Big Brown well but it wasn't gonna happen here. move on.

Let's also stop acting like it was all Brown when it came to keeping Brady clean as well. He was the worst graded OL (by far) on the Pats offensive line this yr. You bet you're ass having Brady, who's been running the damn offense for like 15+ yrs played a HUGE part in him being able to get rid of the ball quickly.
2018: 125 hits
2017: 116 hits (with Brown)

9 hit difference? Big deal

East Coast bias. If they win another Superbowl, he'll be a HOF. Book it. Ha

I will take you up on that bet
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

Keeping brown would not have fixed the interior. I don't want to speak in absolutes though. I suppose MM could have still been drafted and played G and helped solidify it, but everything i read and even asking those here smarter than myself, he was not suited to play inside at all. I know Boone is brought up, but he seems like an outlier
Keeping brown would not have fixed the interior. I don't want to speak in absolutes though. I suppose MM could have still been drafted and played G and helped solidify it, but everything i read and even asking those here smarter than myself, he was not suited to play inside at all. I know Boone is brought up, but he seems like an outlier

MM playing guard? dude is like 6-8 and his issue is dealing with power...nah.

Brown physically can't run Kyle's offense, jus can't. They weren't gonna pay him top 5 tackle money (I bet NE doesn't either). is what it is. There were other issues outside of his physical liability as to why he was traded.

• dj43

Boone was in a power game that did not require mobility. Brown is very much the same kind of player.
Originally posted by dj43:

Boone was in a power game that did not require mobility. Brown is very much the same kind of player.

Yes but others are advocating that they move MM inside like Boone and keep Brown at T
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Ernst82:
Are some of us really whining about this still? Brown was a great pass blocker but also only had one full season under his belt, serious health concerns and was a horrible fit for our offense.

McG is going to anchor our line for the next 10 years just like Staley has done for years. He is everything Brown wasn't. A team leader, hard worker and perfect fit for our scheme. He finished this year as the #2 tackle in the NFL for run blocking AS A ROOKIE! Of course he wasn't great as a pass blocker but he did have to face an insane bunch of pass rushers this year and has steadily gotten better.

I can only imagine the fits thrown around here had we kept him and signed him to the huge contract he is about to get. Does anyone honestly think that Brown can stay healthy and productive at close 400lbs for a long time? Maybe he can but I doubt it could even be possible in our offense.

But yeah...scheme fit.

Kyle wasn't brought in to change his system to fit a 380LB OT that butt heads with the coaching staff. Kid was never gonna get paid here, hell he might not have wanted to stay in SF as a FA anyway. At some point you gotta be accountable and he wouldn't play hurt (when other players with the same injury did) and he showed up fat as hell being of the new season. I watched what he did via Instagram video his whole off season and it was FAR from trying to get better at being a football player.

Great for BB he get's a one yr rental at LT and SF got some value for a kid that wasn't gonna be on the team past this yr. No one doubted Brown as a PP but as a OZB he simply couldn't do it. period. You're not gonna pay him top 5 tackle money if you can't run the offense properly. I wish Big Brown well but it wasn't gonna happen here. move on.

Let's also stop acting like it was all Brown when it came to keeping Brady clean as well. He was the worst graded OL (by far) on the Pats offensive line this yr. You bet you're ass having Brady, who's been running the damn offense for like 15+ yrs played a HUGE part in him being able to get rid of the ball quickly.

When will Lynch and Shanahan upgrade PP so our QBs don't get killed?
"It is fun here. I think the guys in the locker room enjoy each other. Everybody in the facility enjoys each other, and we go out there and play for each other every time we touch the field. There's no selfishness in the locker room. There's no egos. It's just one. . . .It has to contribute a lot [to the team's success]."
The 49ers were 13-35 in Brown's three seasons in San Francisco. He is headed to the Super Bowl in his first season in New England.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
"It is fun here. I think the guys in the locker room enjoy each other. Everybody in the facility enjoys each other, and we go out there and play for each other every time we touch the field. There's no selfishness in the locker room. There's no egos. It's just one. . . .It has to contribute a lot [to the team's success]."
The 49ers were 13-35 in Brown's three seasons in San Francisco. He is headed to the Super Bowl in his first season in New England.

i recall when people used to say the same about playing here
[ Edited by cciowa on Jan 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone