LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by babarvaart:
he's gone and he isn't coming back.

Dude weighs 380 lbs now there was zero chance of SF signing him LT at that weight.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This....but but but....he was an awful run blocker in a passing league.

In an offense which values running the outside zone and runs it at a higher percentage than any other team, a guy who can't block the outside zone is a major liability and will always be one.

So the solution was

A. Keep Trent Brown, hope he manages to remain halfway motivated after getting a huge pay day and have Kyle change his offensive philosophy and run something different than his preferred offense

B. Trade him, select the best tackle available, one that is a better fit scheme-wise and will cost you a lot less money long term.

I sure don't recall you saying this when he was on the roster. You're a very good poster but your tune can totally change on a player once he's off the roster. You're not the only one though.

Lmao!!!
This

Yeah! Silly me, expecting a guy to show up in good shape for his contract year and not 30-40 pounds overweight. Particularly in an offense that puts such a premium on tackle mobility.

Brown at 350 was already pushing the envelope in a scheme where most tackles are 40 pounds lighter. Instead of dropping weight to get quicker as many expected, he went completely in the opposite direction.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah! Silly me, expecting a guy to show up in good shape for his contract year and not 30-40 pounds overweight. Particularly in an offense that puts such a premium on tackle mobility.

Brown at 350 was already pushing the envelope in a scheme where most tackles are 40 pounds lighter. Instead of dropping weight to get quicker as many expected, he went completely in the opposite direction.

He will beat edge rushers silly with those man boobs.
Nobody can guarantee health but I bet you he will play great in NE.
Seems like he'll be 1 and done with NE with Wynn taking over. If he's really 380 I don't care how mobile he is in August he'll break down. He's a talented player but may never put it together.
Did he play in NEs 1st game? How did he do?
Originally posted by 49erWill:

He played and allowed no pressures.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Thx
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

i get that he came in out of shape when he was asked to get in shape, and we do run a zone blocking scheme, however, he is an elite pass protector. we just traded him to a team that mostly passes, doesn't run a outside zone read, and he's gonna play LT. he's gonna do great, and we gave him away for basically nothing is what bothers me the most. i get that he didn't fit our scheme, but he fits other teams schemes really well. we should've gotten AT LEAST a 3rd round pick for him.
I'll miss brown. The guy mauled people.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

i get that he came in out of shape when he was asked to get in shape, and we do run a zone blocking scheme, however, he is an elite pass protector. we just traded him to a team that mostly passes, doesn't run a outside zone read, and he's gonna play LT. he's gonna do great, and we gave him away for basically nothing is what bothers me the most. i get that he didn't fit our scheme, but he fits other teams schemes really well. we should've gotten AT LEAST a 3rd round pick for him.

Actually it's a thank you for getting this guy:

Thx

Looks slimmed down a lot too. LOL at the dude standing on a ladder to interview him.

One thing you can say about TB, he hit it raw ... lol.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Thx

Looks slimmed down a lot too. LOL at the dude standing on a ladder to interview him.

Hahaha
Pat's gushing over manboobs.

Share 49ersWebzone