Shop 49ers game tickets
Eli had a decent game against us. Definitely better than that bum ass Nzeocha
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
2 sacks tonight

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Some times players need a wake up call
Somebody has been coaching this guy up because he never demonstrated here what he just did in Detroit.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2018 at 8:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Somebody has been coaching this guy up because he never demonstrated here what he just did in Detroit.

Well he does have a decent defensive mind over there. I did see the second sack and it was a coverage sack. There were no coverage sacks his three years in San Francisco because there was never any coverage lol.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Sep 23, 2018 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Well he does have a decent defensive mind over there. I did see the second sack and it was a coverage sacks. There were no coverage sacks his three years in San Francisco because there was never any coverage lol.

Not only did he smoke Trent Brown on the second sack, but he rushed with a plan. That's something he struggled with as a Niner. He had a setup(sell speed) to his counter(ice pick/spin) and implemented them beautifully by attacking Trent Brown's outside hip, getting him to turn perpendicular to the LOS and then hitting the counter inside.

Never, not once, did he demonstrate this ability here in SF. My mind is a little blown.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2018 at 8:14 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Well he does have a decent defensive mind over there. I did see the second sack and it was a coverage sacks. There were no coverage sacks his three years in San Francisco because there was never any coverage lol.

Not only did he smoke Trent Brown on the second sack, but he rushed with a plan. That's something he struggled with as a Niner. He had a setup to his counter and implemented them beautifully by attacking Trent Brown's outside hip, getting him to turn perpendicular to the LOS and then hitting the counter inside.

Never, not once, did he demonstrate this ability here in SF. My mind is a little blown.
Coaching sucks here...

Not only did he smoke Trent Brown on the second sack, but he rushed with a plan. That's something he struggled with as a Niner. He had a setup(sell speed) to his counter(ice pick/spin) and implemented them beautifully by attacking Trent Brown's outside hip, getting him to turn perpendicular to the LOS and then hitting the counter inside.

Maybe that was the first? The one I remember Brady had the ball forever and then finally Harold got him. Either way, as I said, Harold has a defensive mind over there.

It's kind of like how Marquis Goodwin looked like a 4th receiver in Buffalo and here he looked like a poor man's number one. If Harold continues to have a decent season, then yeah, I gotta say our defensive staff needs to be replaced.

You are right. I just saw the video. He killed Brown on that. Un-f**king-believable. Maybe Chris Long was right about Harold....
You are right. I just saw the video. He killed Brown on that. Un-f**king-believable. Maybe Chris Long was right about Harold....

Unreal, right? I still can't believe that was ELI HAROLD. What a beautiful rush against a quality OT.

What the f**k, man. I'm going to be sick if Eli finds his stride in Detroit. He's 24 years old...
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2018 at 8:23 PM ]

i cannot blame this one on lynch. Maybe the coaching staff, but not lynch.
Book is back open. Might have a pro bowl chapter

Originally posted by crabman82:

Yeah I wouldn't run to Vegas with that bet. So far he's had 2 coverage sacks and one against an injured or winded looking Trent Brown.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Yeah I wouldn't run to Vegas with that bet.

10 sacks, 70 pull outs. Its possible
Share 49ersWebzone