LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Jalen Ramsey CB LA Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ward, Reid and Tartt are the future at Safety.
[ Edited by 801niner on Feb 7, 2016 at 11:08 AM ]
Doesn't he play CB in college? Maybe he can be like Ward and be able to play both S/CB at the pro level it would be hitting 2 birds with 1 stone on the depth chart, and couldn't you run a 4/3 sub package on passing downs to replace a MLB with a S?
He's gonna kill the combine!
He got game.
Originally posted by Since07:
Doesn't he play CB in college? Maybe he can be like Ward and be able to play both S/CB at the pro level it would be hitting 2 birds with 1 stone on the depth chart, and couldn't you run a 4/3 sub package on passing downs to replace a MLB with a S?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132604/jalen-ramsey

Pro Football Focus graded FSU DB Jalen Ramsey as the best draft-eligible corner last season.

Ramsey predominantly played on the outside as a corner last year. He finished as PFF's No. 1 CB against the run by a wide margin and the No. 6 CB in terms of coverage. In all, he gave up 37 completions on 67 targets (55.2 percent) for 315 yards (8.5 per reception), yielding just one TD. Ramsey didn't have an interception, but broke up four passes. The site compares Ramsey's strength of defending deep routes to that of Richard Sherman. As for areas to work on, it could only feebly offer short area quickness and change of direction skills as non-elite aspects of Ramsey's game. "He strikes me as an Eric Berry type — a player that could play safety or corner in college — who can cover RBs and TEs out wide in the NFL, but would struggle lining up against Antonio Brown or Julio Jones on an island," Sam Monson wrote. "His work against the run and versatility to cover big bodies one-on-one makes him an elite safety prospect and a moveable chess piece on defense."
He is one of the best players in this draft IMO but I doubt he falls to 7. I would use him as CB.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
He's been connected to the cowboys in a lot of mocks. In my opinion they are the biggest wildcards right now because they can go so many routes with their pick.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
This is who I see the Cowboys taking...straight stud. He isn't making past Baltimore regardless.

You can make an argument for San Diego, Dallas, Jacksonville and Baltimore as landing spots. And while he is a real long shot right now, I think with a great combine performance he could even enter his name as a dark horse candidate to go #1 overall. Kid will likely produce a vert of over 40 inches and may run a sub 4.5 40.

I don't expect him to be on the board when we pick.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
He's been connected to the cowboys in a lot of mocks. In my opinion they are the biggest wildcards right now because they can go so many routes with their pick.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
This is who I see the Cowboys taking...straight stud. He isn't making past Baltimore regardless.

You can make an argument for San Diego, Dallas, Jacksonville and Baltimore as landing spots. And while he is a real long shot right now, I think with a great combine performance he could even enter his name as a dark horse candidate to go #1 overall. Kid will likely produce a vert of over 40 inches and may run a sub 4.5 40.

I don't expect him to be on the board when we pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a lot of teams top prospect

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/132604/jalen-ramsey

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that the Cowboys list Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey No. 1 overall on their board.

This one is juicy, though we do wonder if Dallas leaked this report as a smokescreen to conceal their interest in another prospect (if they loved one of the quarterback prospects, for instance, and hoped to give the imprecision that they intended to use the No. 4 pick for immediate help instead). Either way, Ramsey is the type of defensive piece who would be worthy of the No. 1 pick (in fact, that's where Josh Norris currently has him mocked). The corner-safety hybrid will interest the Titans, Browns and Chargers, all picking before Dallas. Feb 11 - 1:46 PM
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 12, 2016 at 7:31 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HE'S THE LIST TALK ABOUT PROSPECT HERE IN THE 49ERLAND, COULD HE BE THE ONE??
Originally posted by 9moon:

I guess its 5'o clock somewhere.

I'm sure it's because we've seen safety drafted early last two drafts and it's actually one spot we don't have a glaring need at.

I don't think Ramsey makes a great corner in the NFL so doesn't make sense to draft another safety.
Won't get him unless we trade up, probably going top 3
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Even if list talk
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Feb 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LMAO!!! i still got 40 minutes
Share 49ersWebzone