There are 170 users in the forums

Jalen Ramsey CB LA Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Both Kiper and McShay have Ramsey at #3 on their big boards. He's likely to move up to #2 with Kiper due to Smith's injury.

If he's there -- by some grace of god -- you take him.
Holy Crap! It will be hard for me to decide who my draft crush is... FS isn't the biggest need but all year long I have admired Arizona's D and how they basically utilize a lot of safeties. Ramsey just looks like a football player. Great awareness!
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Originally posted by GreatGabbert:
He might be a possibility if the 9ers had an inventive DC who used a 3-3-5 type of alignment. Tartt is almost linebacker sized, and Ramsey hits like a linebacker. Reid is more of a coverage guy, and Ward is a nickel/dime player. There would be some interesting matchups if an opposing offense had to deal with Tartt or Ramsey blitzing every second play from the defensive backfield.

That said, I can see Ramsey as the best pure football player in the draft.

If our DC really wants to use a 3-3-5 we don't need to draft Ramsey because we already have 4 very good safeties.

This would be interesting. Especially against a team like Arizona. If we can get back to generating pressure with just four guys it could be a nice package to use against top passing teams.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Holy Crap! It will be hard for me to decide who my draft crush is... FS isn't the biggest need but all year long I have admired Arizona's D and how they basically utilize a lot of safeties. Ramsey just looks like a football player. Great awareness!

He just looks like an absolute star in the making. If he fell to #7, by some weird circumstances, I think you pretty much have to take him and figure the rest out later.
Is this guy worth trading Eric Reid for to pick up extra picks if we were able to draft him?
Originally posted by DeHubb:
Is this guy worth trading Eric Reid for to pick up extra picks if we were able to draft him?

I'd day yes but with that said I love Reid I wanted him when we came out but his history with concussions scares me a little bit
This guy beat out Corey Coleman and Will Fuller in a wide receiver catching drill. Faster time and zero drops.
Since Baalke has an affinity for drafting safeties(Reid, Ward, Tartt) it would not surprise me at all if Ramsey was drafted.
I would take him as the best CB in the draft. Want him on the field.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

He just looks like an absolute star in the making. If he fell to #7, by some weird circumstances, I think you pretty much have to take him and figure the rest out later.

He is an athletic speciman no doubt. If Baalke takes another possible safety in the first two rounds it will almost be amusing to watch the webzone explode. Personally I would be confused a little by the pick but your right, talents like this guy typically play themselves on the field some how.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 6, 2016 at 9:38 AM ]

He's a star safety and probably a pretty good CB. I don't think his impact at safety warrants a top-5 selection. I hope he's gone before we draft.
Originally posted by strickac:
He's a star safety and probably a pretty good CB. I don't think his impact at safety warrants a top-5 selection. I hope he's gone before we draft.

He's been connected to the cowboys in a lot of mocks. In my opinion they are the biggest wildcards right now because they can go so many routes with their pick.
This is who I see the Cowboys taking...straight stud. He isn't making past Baltimore regardless.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This is who I see the Cowboys taking...straight stud. He isn't making past Baltimore regardless.

This. If he does get to use Baalke would probably pass on him in complete agony.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This. If he does get to use Baalke would probably pass on him in complete agony.

Or haul in some picks in a trade, Baalke would be pissed to miss out on a safety though
Share 49ersWebzone