There are 419 users in the forums

The Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Thanks
stupid made up story that never happened
Originally posted by IEAD:
How about investigating the Seahawks' juiced balls instead.

Isn't it interesting that in nearly every post game interview, they are screaming or crying about something? HMMMMMM
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
In both cases, whether it happened or not, it is not that big of a deal. Patriots won legitimately. Whether they win in two weeks, we'll see. I hope so, but I'm not going to count the Seahawks out.

With Spygate you call that victory legitimate?

I'll preface everything I have to say with I am no Patriots fan, I will root for them against the Seahawks and I respect the legacies of Belichek and Brady, but I am not a fan.

Their appearances and wins in 3 out of 4 Super Bowls last decade? Yeah, I think they were legit.

It can be argued that they should not have even been in SB XXXVI; the "tuck rule" game against the Raiders -- that was BS, but they can't do anything about flawed NFL rules, or flawed interpretations of flawed rules by flawed referees, etc., etc.

As for the so-called "Spygate" , I don't know that the Patriots did anything that other teams haven't done/weren't doing and I don't know that whatever that was helped or didn't help them to win those 3 SB titles. Maybe it did. It's more likely that every team throughout the NFL's history has tried to get away with something at some point and has usually been successful in doing so. Their "cheating" really helped them in 2002, 2005, and 2006.

I wanted the Panthers to win XXXVIII and they almost did. Same with the Eagles in XXXIX, but that those teams lost is due entirely to their own play and the play of the Patriots on the field -- nothing else.

The "Pats are cheaters" line and its incessant usage comes off as an extreme case of sour grapes to me.

That organization has plenty of detractors and none of those detractors misses an opportunity to spout off at the smallest thing. They'll say that the Patriots haven't won a SB since "Spygate" so that proves everything, while conveniently they forget that the Patriots didn't have the same loaded defenses in SB XLII or XLVI that they had in XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX.

So long story short, yes, I think the Patriots deserved their SB wins as well as their SB losses. Many, perhaps most, will disagree with me, and so be it.

As a 49er fan, I hope the Patriots prevent the Seahawks from repeating.
http://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-likes-to-tamper-with-footballs-too-1680676328
Originally posted by Antix:
Yeah..what advantage does this give?

They should just make the SB like Speed Racer where they all cheat but the refs just look the other way. Best cheater wins.

So you basically want to just hand the Lombardi to Seattle?

Pete the Cheat can out-cheat Bellicheat any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

PEDs >>>> Spygate and deflated balls.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Jan 20, 2015 at 12:25 PM ]
Pete instigated the anonymous call because he did it before and it causes a distraction.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 51s52 seconds ago
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday's AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

As NFL investigates Deflate-gate would be wise to speak to Ravens. Some there believe kicking balls used in their playoff game underinflated

There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 20, 2015 at 8:04 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB

Patriots>RT @DanWetzel: That's 16% under inflated. A LB for the Colts, who rarely touches the ball, notices. But not the refs? Strange story

• jrg
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game
hahaha the patriot way
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SportsPickle ‏@sportspickle

.@nflcommish The Patriots seem to respect you even less than everyone else does. Pretty hard to do.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Dudes, when you get old, your balls deflate. I am just sayin'.

Wait, wrong thread!
[ Edited by fropwns on Jan 20, 2015 at 8:31 PM ]
This story makes me happy. The more tarnished the reputation for Belichick cheating, the more it keeps him from claiming to be the GOAT of modern day NFL coaches. Seems like Mortensen has provided league info that the team did cheat.
Share 49ersWebzone