Odell Beckham Jr.'s Catch - Best Ever?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Yes, best ever.

Wanted OBJ for SF or KC so badly!

lol KC
Originally posted by 49time:
I actually like the Antonio Freeman's catch on MNF. In addition, I like two of Brandon Lloyd's catch from his 1st stint. I believe it's against bears and chief.

I really wanted him in the draft and since I HATE the Giants so much - it really hurt to see him go there.

Lloyd's catches were also in the same league as Beckham's.
how about not looking back at the ball ?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

This. I posted that in the 24/7 thread but got made fun of cause while he caught it, a penalty negated it.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I'd have to watch some Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Brandon Lloyd, or some Lynn Swann highlights but when it comes to fancy Beckham's is probably on par with those guys.

Please nobody mention Tyree again. That catch was all luck, probably the luckiest catch by the luckiest team in the NFL. Giant have 4 Superbowls and only 1 wasn't by some miracle or divine intervention.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Dude caught the ball with like three fingers. Pretty impressive.
It was a great catch. But since it was pretty meaningless - the Giants lost - it is tough to rank it the best catch of all time. Tyree's catch, Santonio Holmes' catch, Swan's catch - all of these were in the SB.

Certainly in the discussion though and on pure athletic talent probably top three all time.
B.LLoyd catch vs the Giants in 04 was the best ive seen. Even tho it was called back by a Kwame hold.
I would love to see some of our guys going after the ball besides boldin.

Originally posted by znk916:
I'm comfortable with saying this is the best catch I've ever seen, however I'd say Tyree's catch is the best ever, self explanatory.

My thoughts exactly
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

This. I posted that in the 24/7 thread but got made fun of cause while he caught it, a penalty negated it.

This was by far the best catch ever by a WR!
It just makes me sad that OBJ can catch balls with three fingers, and VD can't catch them with two hands! :(
Brandon Lloyd made damn near the same catch during his first stint with the Niners, just got called back on a Kwame Harris hold.
It wasn't made by a 49er therefore it is insignificant.....
Can we nickname it now?
Share 49ersWebzone