LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 198 users in the forums

Sherman to play WR?!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Remember how well Earl Thomas worked out as a punt returner?
Please make this happen!

i really hope this happens
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I hope this is true. That way we can crush him coming up the middle

Please. He'll only run fades and posts.
Well you can't really argue with his reasoning, I mean they're passing offense does suck. He did start out as a WR under Harbaugh at Stanford so I'm sure he'd love to stick it to him this Thursday night if he gets the chance.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Well you can't really argue with his reasoning, I mean they're passing offense does suck. He did start out as a WR under Harbaugh at Stanford so I'm sure he'd love to stick it to him this Thursday night if he gets the chance.

He actually had decent numbers as a freshman and sophmore
500+ and 600+ yds at 16 yds per catch
Originally posted by theduke85:
Remember how well Earl Thomas worked out as a punt returner?

Or when the Giants put Jason Sehorn as a KR when he was their best DB after the 97 season
That guy is a turd
lol Doug Baldwin even said Sherman only moved to CB because he was so terrible as a WR.

Sherman trying to be a WR in the NFL would be hilarious.
Earl Thomas would make a better WR IMO

Crabtree would offer a bounty to bethea/reid!
I just wish Harbaugh could go on an awkward, emotionally charged post-game rant......Im the best coach in the game!!! Dont you ever talk about me!!! How fitting.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol Doug Baldwin even said Sherman only moved to CB because he was so terrible as a WR.

Sherman trying to be a WR in the NFL would be hilarious.

He wasn't talking about Sherman being terrible as a WR, he was talking how terrible Sherman was starting out as a DB when covering him (Doug) in practice. Nice try though.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/27/sports/la-sp-sn-richard-sherman-awful-20140127

It is well documented he only moved to the Defense to get away from Harbaugh as the two of them was butting heads left and right. Hell the OC of Stanford didn't want him on defense at first due to Stanford's need for a big play receiver.

"Feeling constrained on offense, Sherman asked to switch to cornerback. Shaw denied the request, citing the Cardinal's desperate need for a big-play receiver. (Sherman delivered in memorable fashion, catching a fourth-down pass on the game-winning drive in Stanford's upset of top-ranked USC.)"

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_24060930/richard-sherman-from-compton-stanford-49ers-enemy
[ Edited by Fanofthegame on Nov 23, 2014 at 9:17 PM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Well nonetheless, the niners need to be prepared if they happen to see Sherman at WR. I still don't think that helps their offense. He could just be used as a decoy for Baldwin and Kearse.
will catch the ball and accidentally run the ball the wrong way thinking it's a pick
Share 49ersWebzone