LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Why is Cam Newton regarded as a top 10 QB???

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Going to be what i assume is the first QB in football history to win a Heisman trophy, an NFL MVP + a BCS National Title, a NJCAA National Title and possibly a Superbowl.

Amazing list of accomplishments! Cam will stand alone in history with a big performance and a win tomorrow.
Congrats to Cam on his MVP win... Well deserved.

Now go win that damn SB for all the loud & proud players out there. (Shove it right up the NFL's a**)
Originally posted by Heroism:
Amazing list of accomplishments! Cam will stand alone in history with a big performance and a win tomorrow.

He will?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Heroism:

He will?

lol
Honestly i was high for Cam for a while but i just learned that this season he was still under 60% completion rate. I guess hes been under 60% 3 out of his 5 career years so far which I thought was pretty low for a QB of this caliber isnt it? I know rodgers barely got passed 60% this season but all of his other seasons seem to be the norm 65%+

why is his % so low? Does he take more chances leading to more incompletes or what?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I mean who else is there? Off the top off my head in no order

Manning
Brees
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Luck
Rivers
Ryan
Romo?
Stafford?
Newton?
Cutler?
Dalton?

I mean the first 8 are locks. After that its all preference I can see people having him in their top 10

Big Ben
Palmer
The guy loses one game, in the superbowl, against one of the best defenses in nfl history.... and now you wanna discredit everything he did this yr?
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Honestly i was high for Cam for a while but i just learned that this season he was still under 60% completion rate. I guess hes been under 60% 3 out of his 5 career years so far which I thought was pretty low for a QB of this caliber isnt it? I know rodgers barely got passed 60% this season but all of his other seasons seem to be the norm 65%+

why is his % so low? Does he take more chances leading to more incompletes or what?

Hd has awful WRs. Tedd Ginn is his best one

He is top ten. Not in the Brady/Rogers convo because the sample size needs to be bigger. And w/ that defense, he needs a ring. Brady/Rogers don't have that kind of defense. Don't think they ever did. He wants to be elite? He has an elite defense. No reason why he shouldn't have a ring.

Originally posted by sacniner:
He is top ten. Not in the Brady/Rogers convo because the sample size needs to be bigger. And w/ that defense, he needs a ring. Brady/Rogers don't have that kind of defense. Don't think they ever did. He wants to be elite? He has an elite defense. No reason why he shouldn't have a ring.

Yeah Im sure it was his elite defense that had the Panthers as the number 1 scoring offense last year. Yeah!

And Brady's first 3 rings came when he was nothing but a game manager and NE had a beast of a defense. And the one year Rodgers won the SB, GB had the most takeaways, I guess that was just a coincidence, uh. Funny cause Rodgers is exceptionally a better QB from 2010 and hasn't sniffed the SB since. I wonder why.

Newsflash, you can only win the SB with a Good D. Check 2014 SB for further proof.
[ Edited by awp8912 on Aug 12, 2016 at 1:13 PM ]
Originally posted by TheDougernaut:

What a handsome man! I'd be jealous too, if I was the envious type.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol wtf
  • Stud
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yeah Im sure it was his elite defense that had the Panthers as the number 1 scoring offense last year. Yeah!

And Brady's first 3 rings came when he was nothing but a game manager and NE had a beast of a defense. And the one year Rodgers won the SB, GB had the most takeaways, I guess that was just a coincidence, uh. Funny cause Rodgers is exceptionally a better QB from 2010 and hasn't sniffed the SB since. I wonder why.

Newsflash, you can only win the SB with a Good D. Check 2014 SB for further proof.

This is correct. Brady's 2 super bowls in 2003, 2004 the Pats had the #1 defense. Notice he didn't win another super bowl for 10 years despite leading one of the best offenses? Cam was a stud last year. He was consistent and clutch. The Panthers scored 505 points with a WR corps that was less than stellar once Kelvin Benjamin went down. Cam is a top 10.
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by TheDougernaut:

What a handsome man! I'd be jealous too, if I was the envious type.

This is how a 27 year old man dresses.
[ Edited by Shekelsteinberg on Aug 12, 2016 at 4:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone