LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Why is Cam Newton regarded as a top 10 QB???

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol
Because he's better than at least 22 other starting QBs in the league.
Cuz he's supermayne
Scam Newton
Would love to have Cam as our QB.

Lol if you don't think he is top 10. Just look at that Pantera offense. Can you imagine the amount of excuses we would have for Kap or whoever if they had the panthers WR core.
He accounted for 45 TDs this year. I would say he deserves to be right where he is at
Lol opened this without seeing the date posted haha guess Cam changed some opinions of him. He's truley a great player.
Dude stands flat footed in the pocket for an hour before sending it. Slower than kap. A gadget offense keeps things fresh for him.
his skill set is a perfect fit for Mike Shula's offense, and the talent he is surrounded with
Dam, look at all the hate and terrible opinions in this thread.

Cam is what we thought Kap was supposed to become. When we beat Carolina in the playoff game Cam was in the pocket for a good part of the game. If someone had told me then that Cam would jump ahead of Kap I would've said no way. Cam is the real deal and the coronation comes Sunday.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I like Cam, but I think he's rated a tad too highly. Great defense and running game. Kap had that at one time too and killed it too. If he keeps it up (which I actually expect him to do) then Ill crown his ass. Right now he's just pretty good.
He's showed this year that he can come though in key moments in big games. That's the most important quality a QB can have to be called great. That's more important than any stat. It's why Montana is the GOAT. Better than Brady. It's also the reason KAP is not a great QB. Newton will have to show that he can continue to do this in the future, though. He deserves the label for this year, though.
Cuz he dabs
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Going to be what i assume is the first QB in football history to win a Heisman trophy, an NFL MVP + a BCS National Title, a NJCAA National Title and possibly a Superbowl.
Share 49ersWebzone