There are 232 users in the forums

Patrick Peterson: 5 year extension for $70M with $48M Guaranteed

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Patrick Peterson @RealPeterson21

Happy to announce my 5 year extension with @AZCardinals! $70M and $48M Guaranteed!! #AZCardinals #P2Nation #YearOfTheCardinal
wonder if that's real guaranteed money or CK7 style guaranteed money. In any case, that's a s**t ton of cash
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Patrick Peterson reports he's getting $48M guaranteed. Richard Sherman got $40M guaranteed.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Crabs just made some equity because he owns Peterson
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers

That $48 million for Peterson won't be fully guaranteed. It will be guaranteed for injury, not fully for skill and cap purposes.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:
Crabs just made some equity because he owns Peterson

Nice
Average CB
Well deserved. The best CB in the NFL and still has potential to be even better.
i only watch cards games vs. niners but if his matchups against crabcakes are any indication then he isn't that great of a CB
Crabs got his number.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Well deserved. The best CB in the NFL and still has potential to be even better.

Agree. He got more money than Sherman for a reason.
I like our strategy better. Put the money on the lines, not WR's and DB's.

Think of all the teams in the league who generally pay big money to WR's and DB's.
Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins
Lions
Browns
and now, just happening this off-season, we can add the Cardinals and Seahawks to that list. That is a list I would not want to be a part of.

Now think of the teams that focus most of their cap room on the lines and front seven.
Patriots
49ers
Stealers
Ravens
Giants

The second group has had a lot more success in the last decade.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I like our strategy better. Put the money on the lines, not WR's and DB's.

Think of all the teams in the league who generally pay big money to WR's and DB's.
Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins
Lions
Browns
and now, just happening this off-season, we can add the Cardinals and Seahawks to that list. That is a list I would not want to be a part of.

Now think of the teams that focus most of their cap room on the lines and front seven.
Patriots
49ers
Stealers
Ravens
Giants

The second group has had a lot more success in the last decade.

SOLID FOUNDATION! -You can draft that flashy offensive/defensive superstar, but he won't be s**t unless there's a bunch of guys pushing their weight (in front of him) within the trenches. When I played high school football, and traveled to away games/went to parties, the 'big guys' ate first.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Meh, I think Sherman is better
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Meh, I think Sherman is better

Well the defense that Sherman is on is absolutely better. But if you put them on mediocre defenses, its a toss up for me. Don't matter if your an elite CB, your team can still lose games because you can't cover every WR/TE.
Share 49ersWebzone