LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Jaworski's QB List 2014

Shop 49ers game tickets
Boo hoo. 7+ pages because some ESPN reporter has Kaepernick ranked lower than 49ers fans think? OMG! I know my day has since been altered!
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Thought our defense was more responsible for beating Carolina in the playoffs, Kaep maybe had one good half, like in Seattle, one good half. He just didn't throw the game away in Carolina like he did in Seattle. Kaeps best playoff games were against weak defensive teams like Green Bay twice, the Falcons, struggled against teams with good defense like Seattle and Carolina. Too much for a one read qb to process, hopefully he gets better.

This is a great example of seeing what you need to to verify your own preconceptions. The defense was more responsible for the playoff win over the Panthers? The Panther defense was #1 against the run and #2 in the league in total defense. If it were true that the Niner defense was more responsible, then the Panthers would have had less yardage and time of possession than the Niners. But, offensive stats were about the same, with the Panthers a tight edge (325 yards to the Niners 315). The Panthers had a slight edge in time of possession. The Niner defense actually gave up three plays of more than 30 yards, while the Panthers defense gave up only one, a 45 yarder to Boldin. And Kaepernick's 87.8 QB rating was one of the best of the year by any QB against that tough Panthers defense.

"Too much for a one read qb to process..." OMG, when will people stop repeating these tired old canards and give Kaepernick credit when he deserves it? He certainly takes the blame for the Seahawk loss even though there were several defensive breakdowns - it would be nice if people gave him props when he wins.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Boo hoo. 7+ pages because some ESPN reporter has Kaepernick ranked lower than 49ers fans think? OMG! I know my day has since been altered!

Few, if any, argued the point you are decrying.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
Thought our defense was more responsible for beating Carolina in the playoffs, Kaep maybe had one good half, like in Seattle, one good half. He just didn't throw the game away in Carolina like he did in Seattle. Kaeps best playoff games were against weak defensive teams like Green Bay twice, the Falcons, struggled against teams with good defense like Seattle and Carolina. Too much for a one read qb to process, hopefully he gets better.

This is a great example of seeing what you need to to verify your own preconceptions. The defense was more responsible for the playoff win over the Panthers? The Panther defense was #1 against the run and #2 in the league in total defense. If it were true that the Niner defense was more responsible, then the Panthers would have had less yardage and time of possession than the Niners. But, offensive stats were about the same, with the Panthers a tight edge (325 yards to the Niners 315). The Panthers had a slight edge in time of possession. The Niner defense actually gave up three plays of more than 30 yards, while the Panthers defense gave up only one, a 45 yarder to Boldin. And Kaepernick's 87.8 QB rating was one of the best of the year by any QB against that tough Panthers defense.

"Too much for a one read qb to process..." OMG, when will people stop repeating these tired old canards and give Kaepernick credit when he deserves it? He certainly takes the blame for the Seahawk loss even though there were several defensive breakdowns - it would be nice if people gave him props when he wins.

Kind of embarrassing when our so called fans don't know our QB nickname is Kap not Kaeps and play the troll game.

I would expect this from a hawk fan but no, zaghawk is well behaved ... are trolling comes from our own fans? Great fans.

Prediction: Kap will magically "learn" how to be more than a "one read" QB this season with more receiver weapons. The "one read" has been and is bull.

Also our QB is 5-1 lifetime against top 4. So the ratings mean what?
Originally posted by OldJoe:

Kind of embarrassing when our so called fans don't know our QB nickname is Kap not Kaeps and play the troll game.

I would expect this from a hawk fan but no, zaghawk is well behaved ... are trolling comes from our own fans? Great fans.

Prediction: Kap will magically "learn" how to be more than a "one read" QB this season with more receiver weapons. The "one read" has been and is bull.

Oh you guys didn't know?? Jim Harbaugh, the QB guru himself, starts a QB that is only capable of one read.

I think the 'preconceptions' rebuttal is tired. Nothing wrong with criticism. Our team is built to win now. As far as I'm concerned we're no better off than the 2012 NFC Championship team. We went one game further in 2013, but we did lose the SB. And the last 2 years have ended with an inability to score. They both are on the QB. Fair or unfair, that's the way it works. I'll give him credit, he has done well. But, again, nothing has changed, only the style. This year will be different. The D is arguably seen better days and with Smith and Bowman to miss time, coupled with a young secondary, the O may be called to do more than in years past. Not to mention that the O is loaded - many options in the backfield, wide and best o-line in football.

To be the best, you have to beat the best. And CK has not done that yet. In fact, he's struggled mightily. Look no further than the NFC Championship. Carroll's plan was obvious - let's try to contain him running (they couldn't), but ultimately he's going to have to beat us with his arm. That remains to be seen.

And it would be nice to have friendly banter on the topic, not accuse someone of preconceived notions about an individual. I'm a fan of the Niners, criticizing the QB doesn't make me less of one.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
I think the 'preconceptions' rebuttal is tired. Nothing wrong with criticism. Our team is built to win now. As far as I'm concerned we're no better off than the 2012 NFC Championship team. We went one game further in 2013, but we did lose the SB. And the last 2 years have ended with an inability to score. They both are on the QB. Fair or unfair, that's the way it works. I'll give him credit, he has done well. But, again, nothing has changed, only the style. This year will be different. The D is arguably seen better days and with Smith and Bowman to miss time, coupled with a young secondary, the O may be called to do more than in years past. Not to mention that the O is loaded - many options in the backfield, wide and best o-line in football.

To be the best, you have to beat the best. And CK has not done that yet. In fact, he's struggled mightily. Look no further than the NFC Championship. Carroll's plan was obvious - let's try to contain him running (they couldn't), but ultimately he's going to have to beat us with his arm. That remains to be seen.

And it would be nice to have friendly banter on the topic, not accuse someone of preconceived notions about an individual. I'm a fan of the Niners, criticizing the QB doesn't make me less of one.

Well when you criticize him for having a bad quarter against a team that every qb struggles against, and in the same breath mention that we're no better off than when Alex was starting its pretty obvious why you criticize him in the first place and nobody will take that criticism seriously.

Did you see how Manning handled Seattle with the best offense ever? Kap woulda beat seattle IN SEATTLE with that kind of supporting cast.
[ Edited by WilliamDonovan on Jul 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM ]
Originally posted by UKNiners:

So we were winning most of that game due to our running game ? nope !
Originally posted by OldJoe:

Homerism can be blinding also. Kaep, Kap, Tat, what the hell does it matter?

The kid has a lot of talent, I'll goes as far as saying maybe the most talent at QB we've ever seen, but I won't let that stop from thinking what I do and that is that he's just not a elite passer or thinker. I remember last year when I said I thought Russell Wilson was smarter than Tat and that I thought he would be more likely to lead his team to the Super Bowl championship first. People argued with me and I must of seemed like a dick, but I was right.

When you can run like him, why bother getting to a 3rd, 4th, and 5th read? Just think you can do it all yourself and take off running downfield. My belief has been the same for a few years now, we have everything it takes to win a championship right now, we just need to play smarter.

Be careful of giving Kaepernick too much credit, this is a team game and we have the most talent in the league. I think hes ranked fairly by Jaws and hes the one guy who can make a big leap upwards, so don't get all bent over it like I don't bleed red and gold. I'm being fair. I just have a high standard on what a great QB is, hint #16.

I also think he can be the best in the league if he can eventually figure some things out.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jul 24, 2014 at 4:52 PM ]
Homerism can be blinding also. Kaep, Kap, Tat, what the hell does it matter?

The kid has a lot of talent, I'll goes as far as saying maybe the most talent at QB we've ever seen, but I won't let that stop from thinking what I do and that is that he's just not a elite passer or thinker. I remember last year when I said I thought Russell Wilson was smarter than Tat and that I thought he would be more likely to lead his team to the Super Bowl championship first. People argued with me and I must of seemed like a dick, but I was right.

When you can run like him, why bother getting to a 3rd, 4th, and 5th read? Just think you can do it all yourself and take off running downfield. My belief has been the same for a few years now, we have everything it takes to win a championship right now, we just need to play smarter.

Be careful of giving Kaepernick too much credit, this is a team game and we have the most talent in the league. I think hes ranked fairly by Jaws and hes the one guy who can make a big leap upwards, so don't get all bent over it like I don't bleed red and gold. I'm being fair. I just have a high standard on what a great QB is, hint #16.

The only reason RW won a championship before Kap is because Lynch torched us for another 100+ yard game and they bottled Gore up for another sub 20 yd game. Has nothing to do with RW being smarter. Could you imagine what RW would look like against our D if Lynch only gained 14 yards?

Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:
The only reason RW won a championship before Kap is because Lynch torched us for another 100+ yard game and they bottled Gore up for another sub 20 yd game. Has nothing to do with RW being smarter. Could you imagine what RW would look like against our D if Lynch only gained 14 yards?

Truth. If anyone actually bothered to watch Seattle in the divisional and nfccg round, they'd see Wilson was pretty underwhelming in both contests. Of course he made a few plays using his exceptional improvisational skills, but the down-for-down consistency was lacking. They won because the defense was locked in shutdown mode. I'll give him credit for playing a very solid game against a Denver team that was completely overwhelmed in all phases.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Truth. If anyone actually bothered to watch Seattle in the divisional and nfccg round, they'd see Wilson was pretty underwhelming in both contests. Of course he made a few plays using his exceptional improvisational skills, but the down-for-down consistency was lacking. They won because the defense was locked in shutdown mode. I'll give him credit for playing a very solid game against a Denver team that was completely overwhelmed in all phases.

There you guys go again, belittling RW because he's short and funny looking. He played great againt us, very Phil Simms like. Made clutch throws, converted 3rd downs, didnt turn the ball over. Colin was doing good too until he started trying to force things. Colin is still better, I just thought Wilson had the right mentality to win the Super Bowl. The guys is intelligent, give him some credit.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jul 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

There you guys go again, belittling RW because he's short and funny looking. He played great againt us, very Phil Simms like. Made clutch throws, converted 3rd downs, didnt turn the ball over. Colin was doing good too until he started trying to force things.

Not sure if you're serious.

Yes, he made clutch plays. So did Colin (Amazing 58 yard run to set up TD, amazing TD throw to Boldin, 4th down conversion to Gore)

Seahawks were 5/14 on 3rd downs (35.7%). Not much better than the 49ers.

Wilson turned the ball over TWICE. First play of the game, and that Tony Romo-esque fumble at the goalline.

I understand Wilson came out the winner and made plays to help his team win, but let's not pretend his performance was flawless and he was the reason they won. They won because of Lynch's tough running, and a defense that was firing on all cylinders.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM ]
There you guys go again, belittling RW because he's short and funny looking. He played great againt us, very Phil Simms like. Made clutch throws, converted 3rd downs, didnt turn the ball over. Colin was doing good too until he started trying to force things.

And if Gore gained 100+ and Lynch gained 14 yds, RW would be the one forcing things at the end because he would be down by a pretty wide margin.
RW is a completely different kind of QB than CK. He escapes to pass, CK runs when pass is not an early option. Both guys are really good young QBs so not sure anyone should take issue with them.
Share 49ersWebzone